2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like Clemson realized that they were back in the title race & responded by saying "NO, NO, PLEASE NO."

Plus N.C. State becomes bowl eligible if they win. They want it more. Clemson is already in the ACC title game and well Clemson is being Clemson right now.

Clemson could've still deluded themselves into thinking about a bigger picture, given an ACC title and 1 loss record could've still had them around the top five in the nation and maybe on the fringe of the title picture. Especially since they already housed VTech once this year, in Blacksburg.

But laying down and getting punked is hard to believe.

spacer.png

The Citadel showed up strong pretty early against South Carolina, Furman's still leading Florida, Samford is within one score of Auburn, as is Georgia Southern with Alabama.

So, what have we learned today about the Southern Conference, college football fans?

That if any one of these teams took the SoCon's best team (Appalanchian State), then they could possibly lose that game.

None of these teams (with the exception of Georgia Southern) are worth a damn this season to begin with.

Georgia Southern's probably the best SoCon team this year. Despite App winning the head-to-head matchup, Southern hasn't had a pair of (somewhat) stupid losses like App has.

Also, all Youngstown State probably had to do was beat 1-9 Missouri State at home the week after going on the road and beating the undefeated #1 team in the nation to get to the playoffs... and they lost. Ugh.

6fQjS3M.png

I want a Chik-Fil-A to open near me :wacko:

No you don't. They're overrated and over priced.

292r777.jpg

Anyways, to keep this on topic...congrats to UGA for clinching the SEC East. It's funny how two weeks into the season, a good chunk of UGA's fanbase wanted Mark Richt fired. Now they'll be making a second trip to the Georgia Dome and at least will have a chance to win the conference. Good for the Bulldogs.

As for the Bulldogs from Starkville...ugh.

It's like Clemson realized that they were back in the title race & responded by saying "NO, NO, PLEASE NO."

Plus N.C. State becomes bowl eligible if they win. They want it more. Clemson is already in the ACC title game and well Clemson is being Clemson right now.

They have to beat Maryland, which appears to be easy, to become bowl eligible. Two of their wins are against FCS schools (Liberty and South Alabama).

Even Bob Stoops laughs at Clemson's pitiful performances down the stretch every year.

Speaking of Bob and how clutch his teams are in big games... To this day I'll never understand why Ohio State was everyone's favorite BCS punching bag after their losses to Florida and LSU. Oklahoma has a much worse track record in BCS bowl games but their name never comes up. If I were an Oklahoma fan, I'd wish I'd done as well in BCS bowls as Ohio State has. But I digress... B)

Yes, Clemson certainly played like the Clemson we all know and love today.

BB52Big.jpg

Even Bob Stoops laughs at Clemson's pitiful performances down the stretch every year.

Speaking of Bob and how clutch his teams are in big games... To this day I'll never understand why Ohio State was everyone's favorite BCS punching bag after their losses to Florida and LSU. Oklahoma has a much worse track record in BCS bowl games but their name never comes up. If I were an Oklahoma fan, I'd wish I'd done as well in BCS bowls as Ohio State has. But I digress... B)

Yes, Clemson certainly played like the Clemson we all know and love today.

You might be right about USC over Oregon

Archived