NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

Well the Flames deal with Abby runs out next year I believe and you know the Canucks will be on them. I don't know why it's such a big deal? The Hawks aren't even affliated with the Wolves can someone tell me why?

Well SOMEBODY's gotta own the amazing Rockford Icehogs...

True enough. Who were the Hawks affliated with before Cincy moved to Rockford.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Flames deal with Abby runs out next year I believe and you know the Canucks will be on them. I don't know why it's such a big deal? The Hawks aren't even affliated with the Wolves can someone tell me why?

The Norfolk Admirals I want to say, but don't quote me on it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Correct.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=476094

Correct.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=476094

Outside the fact that Rockford as a town kind of blows, the icehogs logo and uniforms are cheapy and just plain lame. I'm giving heavy consideration to doing a concept for an updated identity. Anything's better than a cartoon bloated pig eating a stick slapped on leftover hawks sweaters.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

CBS Sports - Reports: NHL looking at four-division realignment

This report has possibly the best idea for a realignment. Please read before bashing their divisions:

West

Pacific: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, San Jose, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix

Central: Winnipeg, Minnesota, Colorado, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, Dallas

East

North: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Boston, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey

South: Detroit, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida

As it says per the article, the division names are just placeholders, but I think this is the best way to do it, since there are more teams on the east side, so unbalanced division are OK.

This report has possibly the best idea for a realignment. Please read before bashing their divisions:

West

East

North: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Boston, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey

South: Detroit, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida

As it says per the article, the division names are just placeholders, but I think this is the best way to do it, since there are more teams on the east side, so unbalanced division are OK.

Detroit in the South with no other O6 team, yet New Jersey is in the North? I'll pass on that realignment.

West

East

Detroit in the South with no other O6 team, yet New Jersey is in the North? I'll pass on that realignment.

But they would be in a conference with 4 other Original six teams.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Jeff Carter speaks, "You feel anger and betrayal, and all the emotions that go with being traded. Sometimes it's best to sit back and think about what you're going to say rather than get right out there and say things you'll regret. My decision not to talk had absolutely nothing to do with being traded to Columbus. I know it's a team that has struggled in the past, but there's a great future. I'm excited to be there, to be a part of it."

Thank god. My Blue Jackets fan and Columbus, Ohio inferiority complexes were running wild. Everybody back on the 'bus!

PvO6ZWJ.png

Grow up and report, you haven't been a great player in this league

Averages about .740 ppg in his career, had a ppg season in 08-09. That's not a bad run.

also your NMC/NTC doesn't kick until next July.

This can and should be changed in the new CBA.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

West

East

Maybe I'm wrong, but under the proposed realignment, they proposed a balanced schedule... so what effect do conferences have outside of playoff alignment? Still, I think there has to be a better way to realign the teams.

West

East

Maybe I'm wrong, but under the proposed realignment, they proposed a balanced schedule... so what effect do conferences have outside of playoff alignment? Still, I think there has to be a better way to realign the teams.

If the schedule is balanced then why does it matter that Detroit is the only Original 6 team in their division?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

$4.5, about how much Laich will be asking. Come to Chicago, Mr. Laich, we have the cap room.

twitter

West

East

If the schedule is balanced then why does it matter that Detroit is the only Original 6 team in their division?

Well, if I think it would still be a division-weighted schedule, but not conference-heavy like it has been in the past. (Like you play division teams 3-4 times, everyone else once or twice... but I'm still not sure if that is the case, so don't hold me to it.)

$4.5, about how much Laich will be asking. Come to Chicago, Mr. Laich, we have the cap room.

I think the Canucks are going after Laich with a vengeance.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Aside from the one game he played for Ottawa, it will be weird to see Laich wearing a different jersey, other than a Capitals one, next season.

Oh, so he was who came over in the Bondra deal, I'm guessing? Interesting. Didn't know that.

Is there no chance the Caps bring him back?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think with so many teams well below the cap floor Laich, and many other FA, will get huge deals well above market value. I would love to see Laich in Van but I don't see him taking a discount to come to a new city.

Archived