NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LeBrun is saying that Brouwer is on the move but is not going to Ottawa. Hmm.

Brouwer's going to Washington.

Are they swapping 1st round picks as well?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think it was the Caps second round pick, either this year or next.

Nope, our 26th overall pick.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hawks swap Brouwer for the Geico caveman and Boudreau's hot wings recipe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think Brouwer is worth the 26th pick in this draft. McPhee wasnt in love with the draft class. Good deal.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Nope, our 26th overall pick.

That's what I thought which pick would be traded.

Does Brouwer to the Caps mean Laich is going the free agency? Laich is a guy that has been mentioned as potentially being a good fit with Kesler in Vancouver.

I think Laich was gone either way, they had to be at an impasse with Laich to make this deal. Laich would be a great fit with Kesler. If Canucks got him you would not be disappointed.

This was purely a cap move since Campbell employed his ntc. July 1st should be an interesting day for the hawks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If Troy Brouwer was a cap casualty, we're doomed. He was probably only going to make like $1.5MM. Guess it's now-or-never time for our good buddy Kyle Beach.

Sharks traded Setoguchi! That's really big.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Burns and a 2nd to SJ for Setoguchi, Coyle and a first

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

This was purely a cap move since Campbell employed his ntc.

Effective defender or not, it may take Campbell having a 60-point season despite serving a 20-game suspension for shish-kebabing the Sedins with his stick for Hawks fans to look past that $7MM cap hit now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A center. We hardly have any of those! He could very well make the team this year.

I like the McNeill pick. He doesn't seem like as much of a project as most young players, but it's hard to assess that. Either way, I like the choice.

twitter

Archived