NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:censored: YES. THANK YOU SCOTT HOWSON!

As I've said before, Voracek might end up being an All-Star in a few years, but the Jackets can't wait that long, Les Bleu Jackets could use Voracek, but the Blue Jackets need someone now. Carter's that guy. Let's get it done this year, boys.

6fQjS3M.png

I think Larsson goes first, Edmonton needs help on the back end and he can step in immediately. I also think they should kiss and make up with Souray, so that he can help develop some of these kids.

Hoping Strome is still there at #7, the MooseKnights need a top 6 center.

I'd be really surprised if the Oilers don't take Nugent-Hopkins at number one. I think Larsson is the best player, but from what I've read Edmonton is going with Nugent-Hopkins.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Apparently, the Flyers also get a 2nd rounder from the Kings, too.

To LA: Mike Richards

To PHI: Braden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, 2nd round pick.

Looking at this, Philly wins. B. Schenn is a carbon copy of Richards (only younger), and you get Simmonds, too.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Lidstrom wins the Norris.

Bylsma wins the Jack Adams.

Skinner wins the Calder.

Stamkos is on the cover of NHL 12.

Gillis wins the General Manager of the Year Award.

Shades of Jahgee's NFL draft coverage, no?

...Hilarious, Detroit sports radio is all "OITGDNHL" this morning over the Vegas awards show, and particularly the mispronunciations of Lidstrom, Yzerman and St. Louis.

Awesome, I'm in the same class as Jahgee! <_<

With that said, I will graciously let another poster reveal the award winners on the boards as they are being announced.

So the Flyers traded Richards and Carter for Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, #8 overall, a 2nd, a 3rd and indirectly cap space for Bryzgalov (and maybe Leino?)

They'll also make Pronger the captain and should have enough to go after another major FA forward

As per Gord Miller

9 years, $51m for Bryzgalov in Philly.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

:censored: YES. THANK YOU SCOTT HOWSON!

As I've said before, Voracek might end up being an All-Star in a few years, but the Jackets can't wait that long, Les Bleu Jackets could use Voracek, but the Blue Jackets need someone now. Carter's that guy. Let's get it done this year, boys.

This is gonna be good. Something tells me that Howson's not done yet. Free agency will hopefully bring a defenseman into the fold.

Also, I bet Umberger re-signs now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Burke fail?

Darren Dreger said the Flyers asked for Nik Kulemin and Nazem Kadri for Mike Richards and the Leafs would consider it. Never got a call back.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Burke fail?

Darren Dreger said the Flyers asked for Nik Kulemin and Nazem Kadri for Mike Richards and the Leafs would consider it. Never got a call back.

I would not have called them back either, I love Mike Richards, and have said before I rank him among the top players in this league, but I just don't see the fit with Toronto, and see Kulemin only getting better. Maybe I'm just a Kulemin fanboy though, no I am for sure. :P

untitled-6.jpg

Burke fail?

I would not have called them back either, I love Mike Richards, and have said before I rank him among the top players in this league, but I just don't see the fit with Toronto, and see Kulemin only getting better. Maybe I'm just a Kulemin fanboy though, no I am for sure. :P

Apparently it was Holmgren that didn't call back. He got the Kings offer AFTER that, and decided to go with that.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

rumors floating that the Flyers might go after Stamkos :wacko:

I don't see any way Tampa lets him go...

Offer sheet for him would be 1 year at 10/11 Million dollars, wouldn't hurt to try but I wouldn't expect anything of it. If the Arb hearing for Parise doesn't go well, maybe him?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mike Richards must've dicked Pronger's wife in public. Who does this???

Have you really watched Mike Richards play? Dude was a 3rd line center by the end, and was going to have his captaincy stripped this year.

He, Carter, and a couple of the others were really concerned more with Philly night life, Atlantic City, and their shore house than their hockey. The stories are legendary. Dude had "heart", but the personality and leadership ability of a 2x4.

Still shocking though - rumor is Stamkos, or something else big.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived