NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

Excuse me, Brent Seabrook is an offensive defenseman? Whatever you say, Jesse Rogers.

I think he meant offensive not o-ffensive.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse me, Brent Seabrook is an offensive defenseman? Whatever you say, Jesse Rogers.

I love how Jesse Rogers is deemed a hockey expert. Imagine how little he must know about other sports! He probably talks about points scored in baseball and thinks footballs are cube-shaped.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

No use trying to parse the words of the guy who gave us "Christmas falls on December 25th this year" and "it's like a tree falling in the forest but no one's there to see it."

I guess we could get by with a blue line of Keith-Seabrook, Campoli-Hjalmarsson, Leddy-meatsack tbd, but I don't know, hard to feel great about it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No use trying to parse the words of the guy who gave us "Christmas falls on December 25th this year" and "it's like a tree falling in the forest but no one's there to see it."

I guess we could get by with a blue line of Keith-Seabrook, Campoli-Hjalmarsson, Leddy-meatsack tbd, but I don't know, hard to feel great about it.

LaLonde I guess could come up to be that 6th man, but yeah basically anyone who doesn't hamstring the cap 7 large for the next handful of years is > to campbell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So if they can't trade Campbell, do the Hawks have to keep taking their medicine? Or can they shuttle him off to Rockford, or say, "Hey, Cristobal Huet called, he says he misses you heaps, here's a plane ticket, why don't you swing on by and say hi?"

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pretty sure Campbell contributes a lot more to the team than a big gutbomb of a cap hit. People talk about him like he's Ginger Sopel; he's actually pretty good at his job!

They could beef-a-roo Campbell if they wanted. No-trade doesn't mean no-move. It'd be a public relations disaster (he'd probably be claimed before he got to Rockford anyway), but hey, Mike Richards and Jeff Carter...

Quote of the day. Pierre McGuire:

"The Strome pick is great for the Islanders, pair him with Tavares and get those 10,000 people rocking".
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, just not 7-million-against-the-cap good.

Hey, speaking of improperly-valued players, Brian Bickell only makes $29,000 more a year than John Scott.

No, Pierre McGuire's quote of the night was saying that Larsson replenishes the Devils' blue line, having lost Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko to retirement. Me, I just hope the Canadiens can shore up at forward to replace Rocket Richard!

Ottawa just went off the board and selected Mika Zibanejad

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, just not 7-million-against-the-cap good.

Hey, speaking of improperly-valued players, Brian Bickell only makes $29,000 more a year than John Scott.

regarding Campbell, precisely. I'd say campbell's worth 3 million less than what he's being paid, and his icetime certainly doesn't justify his pay. And Bickell, barring horrific injury in 2011/12 will get a significant raise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Brian Lawton is saying:

Hearing Ryan Ellis to boston for the 9th pick!

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

RT @amandakaschube RT @ChrisKuc: Word going around is #Blackhawks trade Troy Brouwer to Senators for a second-round pick. We shall see.

looks like this has been confirmed, TSN article pending

twitter

No, Pierre McGuire's quote of the night was saying that Larsson replenishes the Devils' blue line, having lost Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko to retirement. Me, I just hope the Canadiens can shore up at forward to replace Rocket Richard!

:grin:

Another great line (not sure who said it, but it wasn't Pierre): "The Avalanche organization drafted another great Swede years ago when they were in Quebec...a kid named Forsberg."

Ummm...Forsberg was drafted by Philly. Traded for one Eric Lindros.

EDIT: Apparently it WAS Pierre with that quote tonight. The error from tonight's draft is already on Forsberg's Wikipedia page.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

LeBrun is saying that Brouwer is on the move but is not going to Ottawa. Hmm.

twitter

Archived