NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which all has to do with the circus displacing the Bulls and Blackhawks at the end of November every year.

Daytime hockey is neat! As lame as I thought it was that the Hawks had to play a home game in Finland, it was cool to watch hockey at 11 a.m. on a weekday.

Yeah I love that Ducks/Hawks matinee. Wake up after an always long/tiring day with the family, eat breakfast/mill around in the morning, go catch the game at 1 p.m., come home around 4 p.m. get dinner, then that Friday night is yours.

Same reason why I almost prefer going to day baseball games. Enjoy the day, get your game in, free up your night.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Guessing Bryzgalov will get #30 since it's worn by some Swedish dude who's played all of one game for the Flyers. I kind of wish he'd go with #2, so if they pull this off and win the cup, their two cup goalies would be #1 and #2.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What does this mean for Sergei Bobrovsky?

I think they keep him. Two Russians would push each other.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

he could be Tampa eligible. They need a decent goalie, and they need to spend to get to the floor. I can't see them either keeping Smith nor relying on Roloson for a full season.

Goalies are in a buyer's market right now.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Per Gord Miller the Flames and Kings are close on a deal that would send Ryan Smyth to Calgary for a late round pick. I still think our cupboards are bare Jay Feaster.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Could the Jets benefit from Vokoun, or are they just going to cast their lot with Pavelec?

Man, the bottom is going to drop the f-ck out of the Panthers without Vokoun. Just watch. It's gonna be a spectacle. And I'm not even sure he was that good!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Per Gord Miller the Flames and Kings are close on a deal that would send Ryan Smyth to Calgary for a late round pick. I still think our cupboards are bare Jay Feaster.

Seriously? That's like Mark Messier finishing his career with the Islanders/Flames, or Adam Foote going to the Wings.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

What does this mean for Sergei Bobrovsky?

I think they keep him. Two Russians would push each other.

Bob is now the second highest paid backup in the league at $1.25M against the cap. He gone.

Also, a guy who just signed a $51M contract isn't going to be "pushed" by anyone other than himself. He knows that no matter what happens, he's going to play.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seriously? That's like Mark Messier finishing his career with the Islanders/Flames, or Adam Foote going to the Wings.

Maybe Edmonton will pony up their first for him? O.o

Also Puck the Media makes fun of predicts NBC's schedule for this season.

Link.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I apologize if this has been covered earlier in this thread or in the Winnipeg Jets megathread, but what are the divisions going to look like next year with Winnipeg in the mix? I'm hoping for Winnipeg to join the Northwest, Nashville to join the Southeast, and Minnesota to unite with the Hawks and Wings, etc. I'm sick of waiting til 9 to watch a road game...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The 2011-12 season? Nothing changed. They're still discussing 2012-13...

Latest draft rumor: Versteeg or Carle + #8 to Colorado for #2. Philly apparently wants Landeskog bad

I apologize if this has been covered earlier in this thread or in the Winnipeg Jets megathread, but what are the divisions going to look like next year with Winnipeg in the mix? I'm hoping for Winnipeg to join the Northwest, Nashville to join the Southeast, and Minnesota to unite with the Hawks and Wings, etc. I'm sick of waiting til 9 to watch a road game...

Winnipeg will be playing in the Southeast Division for the 2011-12 Season. Then the NHL will realign for the 2012-13 Season.

The Leafs have added Rick Dudley to their management staff.

http://twitter.com/#!/MapleLeafs/status/84329155801522176

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The 2011-12 season? Nothing changed. They're still discussing 2012-13...

Latest draft rumor: Versteeg or Carle + #8 to Colorado for #2. Philly apparently wants Landeskog bad

If Kris Versteeg goes to Denver, he's probably going to end up having played for five teams in three years (surely a deadline move because the Avs will be terrible). Kind of a dubious career for someone who seemed for all the world to be a top 6 cornerstone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived