NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

Even with the 2010 Finals, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Flyers, so I hope they do get Stamkos. Plus, it screws over Christ Yzerman, so I like that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see this yet, sorry if it's old. regarding changing to a 4-division league.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/06/22/nhl-maps-out-major-changes

I posted it in the realignment thread, I'm all for it.

Gotcha, the only thing I don't like is Phoenix being in the 'south' division, travel to phoenix for a lot of those teams is going to be an insane commute.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So now Ryan Smyth is possibly going to end up in Calgary, closest he'll get to Edmonton. So what was the point of firing Sutter?

He has a NTC, if he doesnt want to go to Calgary he wont go there. Apparently theyre still talking to Edmonton too.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So now Ryan Smyth is possibly going to end up in Calgary, closest he'll get to Edmonton. So what was the point of firing Sutter?

He has a NTC, if he doesnt want to go to Calgary he wont go there. Apparently theyre still talking to Edmonton too.

Good. I hope he only waves to Edmonton, joining Ryan Whitney as the only guy happy to be playing in Edmonton. We're supposed to ridding ourselves of old players and their contracts. Granted Smyth can still produce.

Well either way Ryan will be in Alberta next year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

A couple of comments:

The Sharks play the Capitals twice now 3 years running. Just curious, what determines who you play twice from the other conference?(I'm not complaining though, the Sharks have one loss to the Caps since '99)

Also for the 4th straight year, the Sharks host the Blackhawks the night before Thanksgiving.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Kings aren't really gonna miss Simmonds he's at best a 2nd/3rd liner. Brayden Schenn though that may hurt.

I agree with you on Simmonds. The thing that's going to piss Philly fans off about Simmonds, is that he takes games off. He basically disappeared this year, so unless he decides to play like he did the first couple of years, Philly better hope that Schenn turns out to be a #1, otherwise they got royally screwed. Richards isn't going to be the #1 center in LA, so whatever the Kings get from him will better anything that Simmonds and Schenn would have given them. Also understand that Schenn is 2-3 years from being an impact player and the Kings are looking to go deep into the playoffs and need an experienced top-notch 2nd line center to go behind Kopitar. I'm sorry but Jarret Stoll is a good faceoff guy, but can't hit an open net during a game. In a shootout, there is no one better, but put other players on the ice, and the guy is one of the worst shooters that can't come close to hitting the net. So make Stoll a #3 center that worries about faceoffs and the Kings become stronger. Yet, they still have a hole on left wing,

Going to Columbus should kill Jeff Carter's nightlife interests. :P

Never stopped Mike Commodore or for that matter, Jake Voracek.

From what I've heard, Carter is not happy right now. I guess I wouldn't be either no matter where I was going. When you sign a 38 year extension with a no trade clause you kinda assume that you're not going anywhere. He can't be happy about coming to the characterless "one big suburb" that is Columbus, Ohio either.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think today's events are going to cost the Flyers a lot of goodwill, and maybe they ought to. Trading your captain and the guy you just gave a big extension/NTC are highly unorthodox moves. I guess Richards is taking it okay, because he got to go to LA, but I don't begrudge Carter anything. If he refused to report, I wouldn't blame him one bit. Wasting away in a backwater is not what he signed up for.

And I thought the Blackhawks had a topsy-turvy summer last year.

Trading your captain and the guy you just gave a big extension/NTC are highly unorthodox moves.

By the end of the year Richards separated himself from the coach and his teammates, and most were looking to Pronger instead. Now that everyone is on the same page and Pronger will be the new captain, things should get back to normal...

Also for the 4th straight year, the Sharks host the Blackhawks the night before Thanksgiving.

Probably has something to do with the Ducks hosting the Blackhawks in a day-after Thanksgiving matinee for the 4th or 5th year in a row/

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Which all has to do with the circus displacing the Bulls and Blackhawks at the end of November every year.

Daytime hockey is neat! As lame as I thought it was that the Hawks had to play a home game in Finland, it was cool to watch hockey at 11 a.m. on a weekday.

Trading your captain and the guy you just gave a big extension/NTC are highly unorthodox moves.

By the end of the year Richards separated himself from the coach and his teammates, and most were looking to Pronger instead. Now that everyone is on the same page and Pronger will be the new captain, things should get back to normal...

The Flyers trade away captains on a regular basis. Give Ed Snider credit - while he hasn't been successful in 35 years, the dude tries as hard as anyone. Good will doesn't matter in this day and age of sports. Ed's one of the most loyal (to a fault) guys out there, but if you cross him, you're F'd. He's a lot like the Steinbrenner of hockey, just without the rings (which is certainly a huge distinction.)

I don't think Pronger will be the captain. He doesn't need it, and I don't think he wants it. My guess is Briere.

I don't want to diminish the magnitude of these deals - these guys (brought up along with former coach John Stevens) were the "cornerstones" of the franchise. Too bad they basically partied their way out of town.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived