NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

Steven Stamkos is apparently really close to resigning with the Lightning. I'd expect a very lucrative deal that will see Stamkos last in Tampa till his mid 30's.

Link.

So with Parise and Weber going to Arb. Drew Doughty I believe is the only top RFA left and I'd expect him to re-up in LA.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jeff Carter thing does happen, I will poop my pants out of stunned surprise. One, it would mean that Howson actually pulled something off, and I'd be surprised. Two, it'd mean that unreliable twitter sources were actually correct and I'd be even more surprised. Three, the cap just went up which means that Philadelphia has some more wiggle room. Four, We're the Blue Jackets, things like this don't happen to us. Five, Carter just signed a 27 year deal and it'd be a bad PR move as far as NHL players are concerned on the Flyers part to deal a guy days before his NTC kicks in.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Jeff Carter rumors. It makes sense and then it doesn't make sense at all. I don't want to lose Voracek (and he's been apart of most of the rumors) and I've been burned by this team so many times at the draft by rumors that didn't come true that I'm not even going to allow myself to envision Jeff Carter on this team. Damnit, I just did!

I'm still really looking forward to Friday. I've never been this anxious for the draft before. It just needs to get here.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How is Philadelphia ever going to give anyone an extension if they dick Carter over like this? Their no-trades won't be worth crap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How is Philadelphia ever going to give anyone an extension if they dick Carter over like this? Their no-trades won't be worth crap.

It's not like they would be the first or the last to do something like this. Hell, the Bruins tried to trade Savard after he re-upped on a "lifetime" deal and said he wanted to finish in Boston and they also tried to trade Thomas after he resigned and said he didn't want to go. I think everyone involved knows that nothing is a guarantee.

Well just ask the Flames and their billion No Trades and No movements (all to players that don't really deserve them, I'm looking in your direction Matt Stajan). It's really hard to swing a deal these days.

I still think Jeff Carter is the next Olli Jokinen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Even a prominent Canucks blogger thinks your 2010-11 Vancouver Canucks were a bunch of fakey whiny playoff floppers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's not like they would be the first or the last to do something like this. Hell, the Bruins tried to trade Savard after he re-upped on a "lifetime" deal and said he wanted to finish in Boston and they also tried to trade Thomas after he resigned and said he didn't want to go. I think everyone involved knows that nothing is a guarantee.

Did they almost get moved with pending no-trade clauses, though? You don't sign a no-trade clause so you can get traded the day before it kicks in.

Besides, there are much less essential players to move than Jeff Carter. Scott Hartnell, for example.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lidstrom wins the Norris.

A Player in the Freaking Minus that only had 23 even strength points wins top defenseman!?!?!?!?!?!

Scheduling Minus.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Empty seats everywhere at the Awards. When does the NHL stop this Vegas experiment and move the awards back to Toronto, or at least somewhere that cares about hockey. Rotate each year like the draft even, but keep it in a city that actually has a team.

I'd rent a tux for a Detroit or Columbus awards show.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived