I can't wait to see the logo for this one...

The ABA has announced that the league's 20th expansion team for next season has been awarded to Harlem, New York. The team will be owned by Wade International, Incorporated.

ABA press releases identify Wade International as "a fully integrated sports and entertainment marketing agency specializing in the development and on-site management of international events and talent management with an emphasis on the Japanese market".

So it stands to reason that the firm would want to operate a professional basketball franchise in Harlem. Because when I think Japan... I think HARLEM.

Ooooohhhhh, my achin' head.

Doesn't Harlem already have a joke team with red, white & blue basketballs?

So now the Harlem Globetrotters will play exhibition games against the Harlem Global Economists. The ABA has managed to do the physically impossible...it simultaneously sucks and blows.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

How the hell can a league have 20 expansion teams?

It would make perfect sense to xlr8r.

My oh my..... this league is like a train full of kittens on a collision course with a brick wall... you just have to watch to see the inevitable bloody carnage....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Doesn't Harlem already have a joke team with red, white & blue basketballs?

So now the Harlem Globetrotters will play exhibition games against the Harlem Global Economists. The ABA has managed to do the physically impossible...it simultaneously sucks and blows.

Sucks and Blows. It's just one away from the cycle (Sucks, Blows and Stinks)

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Xl8er or whatever has been mentioned often latley. What did he do?

You had to be there but he was a member who had made allot of dumb pointless post that took up space and didnt make ense. For example he suggest that MLB expand to like 36 teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Quite the summation of a user's existance.

Makes me wonder what my legacy will be. I do such a variety of stuff.. have in-depth discussions, make some decent concepts, enter contests with a modicum of success, say sarcastic biting things to folks and piss them off, help with requests, talk to people off-board, and call folks to the carpet who are being morons to face my littany of typos.

Wonder how my two-line summary would read... hmm...

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Makes me wonder what my legacy will be. I do such a variety of stuff.. have in-depth discussions, make some decent concepts, enter contests with a modicum of success, say sarcastic biting things to folks and piss them off, help with requests, talk to people off-board, and call folks to the carpet who are being morons to face my littany of typos.

It'll be...

Anyone remember paynomind?

Yeah! That crazy sonofbitch had a TON of shoes!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Well, Payno, Tank has oversimplified a bit. Perhaps his entry should have read as follows:

"You had to be there but he was a member who had made al lot of dumb pointless posts that took up space and didn't make sense. Here are a few examples: he suggested that MLB expand to like 36 teams, with many of those additional teams being in the same market. He also proposed merging the CFL and NFL plus adding 12 more teams, mostly using USFL teams and also arena league teams. At one point he had a 60 team NFL all plotted out with 2 or 3 teams in Phoenix alone. When the mods would cut him off, he'd come back on as a new user and do the same thing, over and over again."

Sounds like he was the award winner for "Most Times 'eyeroll smiley' Used as Response to Posting" smiley90.gif

And WiB, that would, scarily enough, be true.... and a far better legacy that I feared...

:P

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

:lol: I can't wait to see what anime character they will use as their mascot?

I've found an "anime" character that I belive fits well with the image the league conveys:

stinkomans.jpg

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

:lol: I can't wait to see what anime character they will use as their mascot?

I've found an "anime" character that I belive fits well with the image the league conveys:

Way to nail it. I though you almost missed prominantly featuring that gawdawful ball, but then realized I wasn't seeing the forest for the trees. Well done!

Twenny-ecksty-siiiiiix!

ΓΔΒ!

I dunno how one league can have TOO MANY TEAMS for expansion to bite, blow, suck and stink at the same time. Go figure.

:unsure::oh::therock::suspect::rolleyes:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived