CONCEPT81: Arizona Cardinals

bigdub81

I actually liked the red facemask better, but it's probably a personal bias. :)

nebraska.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I just never thought the Cardinals were well-served by a trendy uniform design. Winning tradition or not, they still are the oldest franchise in the league. Has anyone ever tried to do a new version of this jersey paired with a red version using the same stripe pattern? Or maybe do an update of one of their 1920s or 1930s uniforms?

Terry_Metcalf.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Keep the red mask, Rollin. Makes the whole thing look worlds better...especially for a team nicknamed "Big Red".

The only thing I'm not sure about, aside from the "lil-bit-wavier-than-I'd-like" pants swoosh, is how that extra...ripple, I guess you'd call it?...in the sleeves would translate onto players in pads, but overall, this set is much better put together than what they currently wear.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nice job. Very interesting.

A couple of questions regarding the colors -

besides changing the official Cardinal Red (it should be *cough*194 C*cough*),

is there a reason why you're using matte ('M') values? First of all, Pantone

has discontinued the production of Matte guides for all color sets, and

secondly, specifying 'M' would constitute printing on matte paper, which isn't

widely used. And you should know - colors look very different when printing on

different paper stocks.

I've put together examples of the color you've

chosen, and how they would look as if they were printed on coated, matte and

uncoated paper stocks.

It's nothing more than me just finding the colors that match or what I like and just typing in what they are from AI. Man I'm so basic I still use the AICS1. I didn't even know how to use the eye dropper tool until someone mentioned it in the Seatlle post from the sports logos board. I just sketch out what I like and draw it the best I can using AI. I appreciate you posting the colors and the history and all, I like this as much as you do as how it pertains to the different mediums teams use the colors for. When I did try to use the dropper tool from the Cardinals jersey cut you posted from the Bills/Chargers page, I didn't like the color although by your docs, it would be official. I just merely picked a color I thought looked better and applied it. Posting their names is just an attempt to make it look professional that's all! Feel free to correct my color schemes anytime! :D

I just never thought the Cardinals were well-served by a trendy uniform design. Winning tradition or not, they still are the oldest franchise in the league. Has anyone ever tried to do a new version of this jersey paired with a red version using the same stripe pattern? Or maybe do an update of one of their 1920s or 1930s uniforms?

I'll do a concept of these for you to see how they would look.

Keep the red mask, Rollin. Makes the whole thing look worlds better...especially for a team nicknamed "Big Red".

The only thing I'm not sure about, aside from the "lil-bit-wavier-than-I'd-like" pants swoosh, is how that extra...ripple, I guess you'd call it?...in the sleeves would translate onto players in pads, but overall, this set is much better put together than what they currently wear

With the facemask I see your point. It's pretty much up in the air for me like I said it'd be either white or red if they so choose! As far as the 'swoosh wing', if you look closely it's actually just the top part of the cardinal's head modified to fit the jersey! The pants swoosh I'll admit is a bit long but I didn't want it to be too short against a white background because someone would then reccomend filling that void with black piping, which I tried to keep to a minimum and as outlines. The jersey cut it'sself is based off of the fit it would recieve on an actual player so it wouldn't be that much of a difference!

I just never thought the Cardinals were well-served by a trendy uniform design.

Winning tradition or not, they still are the oldest franchise in the league. Has

anyone ever tried to do a new version of this jersey paired with a red version

using the same stripe pattern? Or maybe do an update of one of their 1920s or

1930s uniforms?

Terry_Metcalf.jpg

@ andrewharrington...here is what I came up with using the style from your pic.

NFLConcept-2012ArizonaCardinalsRetro.png

Darken the red on the face mask and it's perfect.

The only qualm I had on the look is this. Otherwise a great set. Well done.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I just never thought the Cardinals were well-served by a trendy uniform design.

Winning tradition or not, they still are the oldest franchise in the league. Has

anyone ever tried to do a new version of this jersey paired with a red version

using the same stripe pattern? Or maybe do an update of one of their 1920s or

1930s uniforms?

Terry_Metcalf.jpg

@ andrewharrington...here is what I came up with using the style from your pic.

NFLConcept-2012ArizonaCardinalsRetro.png

That, good sir, is the perfect Cardinals concept. Brilliant blend of old and new.

Archived