CONCEPT81: Arizona Cardinals

bigdub81

I drew this up earlier today just to see how it would look. It was mentioned once before that the little white section under the arms of their jersey is supposed to represent wings, so I used the top part of the cardinal's head to try and make it look like an actual wing. I kept the black piping but just redirected to outlining the wing, collar, cuffs and as a transition stripe into the pants. Other than adding a piping stripe to the sock, the facemask is red and the primary away pants are red...that pretty much sums it up as I didn't want to change too much about the uni. C&C as usual!

NFLConcept-2012ArizonaCardinals.png

I like the changes I think it makes them look better without really doing much. But my only thing is that shouldn't the Nike swoosh be on the chest instead of the shoulder pads? I know that's where they used to put it but isn't the chest where they put it for everything else now?

166gd1j.jpg

I like the changes I think it makes them look better without really doing much. But my only thing is that shouldn't the Nike swoosh be on the chest instead of the shoulder pads? I know that's where they used to put it but isn't the chest where they put it for everything else now?

The NFL made and likely will make them put it on the sleeves. They don't want the manufacturer to be the center of attention on the front of the jersey.

On the concept, it's a good update. The stripes look a lot better than what they have now. I would suggest a white facemask though...I understand why you went away from gray with all the facemask hoopla going on in the Logos forum.

I like the red facemask and I think the jerseys look great! The only thing I would change is the pants stripe, you could try and use the wing styled stripe at the bottom of the pants and then the piping would flow better from the pants to the jersey.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

That's not Arnoux's ring in your avatar, is it? :D

SHHHHH! Don't tell anybody! But seriously...how stupid was that? Forty four years to get that and you leave it in a car to go clubbin'? I'd bench him for 8 games just off of stupidity and wouldn't issue him another ring!

I like the red facemask and I think the jerseys look great! The only thing I

would change is the pants stripe, you could try and use the wing styled stripe

at the bottom of the pants and then the piping would flow better from the pants

to the jersey.

Yeah I'm a bit fond of the red facemask myself and that's why I went with it. I did try the other's however, white and black, the white didn't look too bad but the black just kinda' stuck there when looking at the entire set. Besides, the black is just supposed to be an accent color to the uniform and not as dominate as it is in the logo. And I did consider that idea for the pants as well, I just didn't elect to do so because I thought it would saturate the rest of the look by having wings all over the place. I'll give it a try and post an update to see how it would look. Thanks for the C&C you guy's!

Darken the red on the face mask and it's perfect.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The red facemasks look bad. Make them gray, and you've got a winner.

Agreed...love all the changes except for the facemask.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I tried the pants using the 'wing' pattern as I did on the jersey, I must admit, it kinda' looks better than what I originally put on there. I also did one helmet using a grey facemask and the other using a white one. Honestly I don't see the passion for the grey facemasks considering what technology has done to allow for color, but to each his own, some teams look good with it while others do not. Honestly it's a push using either or for Arizona but if I had to make my pick I'd jut stick with the red!

NFLConcept-2012ArizonaCardinalsUpdate.png

I tried the pants using the 'wing' pattern as I did on the jersey, I must admit, it kinda' looks better than what I originally put on there. I also did one helmet using a grey facemask and the other using a white one. Honestly I don't see the passion for the grey facemasks considering what technology has done to allow for color, but to each his own, some teams look good with it while others do not. Honestly it's a push using either or for Arizona but if I had to make my pick I'd jut stick with the red!

NFLConcept-2012ArizonaCardinalsUpdate.png

Perfect, those jerseys are beautiful/flawless now with the adjustments you made to the facemask and pants stripe.

i like it. very clean! glad you changed the pant stripe. It should match the jerseys stripe, it flows very well.

only thing that i can complain about is the cardinal logo gets lost on the red jersey.. cant really help that but gotta find something wrong with it :)

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Nice job. Very interesting.

A couple of questions regarding the colors - besides changing the official Cardinal Red (it should be *cough*194 C*cough*), is there a reason why you're using matte ('M') values? First of all, Pantone has discontinued the production of Matte guides for all color sets, and secondly, specifying 'M' would constitute printing on matte paper, which isn't widely used. And you should know - colors look very different when printing on different paper stocks.

I've put together examples of the color you've chosen, and how they would look as if they were printed on coated, matte and uncoated paper stocks.

First, here are the colors as they would appear on coated paper:

bigdub81_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Matte (what you have chosen):

bigdub81_FRC_9999_SCM_SRGB.png

Notice the "dullness" of the colors? The actual hues of the colors change when used on different substrates.

Uncoated:

bigdub81_FRC_9999_SCU_SRGB.png

Even more of a difference. What I have seen in my research, is that 99% of the graphics produced will be designed primarily for coated paper stock (with the substrate 'C' designation). However, I will also see uncoated ('U' extension) values in a lot of cases. And in a lot of those cases, certain colors will have alternate Pantone values designated for uncoated vs. coated in order to better represent the colors on different paper stocks.

Archived