Best/Worst Uniforms

OnWis97

you're not interpreting what I'm saying right. I don't want white shoulders on the red jersey. I want the red jersey to remain the same and the horrible white jersey to change. here, look.

the red home jersey

canadiens_home.gif

The white road jersey

canadiens_road.gif

Look at that and tell me that white jersey doesn't look pitiful and that it matches the home.

The road SHOULD look like this

Canadienswhite.gif

Note: This does violate the porportional color thing I mentioned earlier, but because the logo is mostly red, putting it on a red stripe would look wierd. The Canadiens wore this decades ago, why did they ever switch?

I neevr said you wanted those things--only saying why the two don't match--it looks better that way--while I like the vintage ones--I still prefer their current ones--both home & away--they're clssica--I like the look, and I don't care that they don't have a direct correspondence to each other...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

MLB Top Three Unis

1. Detroit Tigers Home (The simple white uniform with the old English "D" rocks)

2. New York Yankees Home (nothing else need be said)

3. St. Louis Cardinals Home (These uniforms scream "Baseball!!!")

MLB Bottom Three Unis

28. Toronto (new) (Are they the "Blue" Jays or just Jays or just boring?)

29. San Diego (road) (sanDiego Dumb font, interesting road color though)

30. Houston Astros (this team has never had a nice uniform)

NBA Top Three Unis

1. Boston Celtics (the simplest uniform in the NBA is the best)

2. Detroit Pistons (dig the road blues)

3. Chicago Bulls (simple, nice colors, recognizeable)

NBA Bottom Three Unis

28. Toronto Raptors (one side is happy the other side sad)

29. Philadelphia 76ers (Liked the old school plain old "SIXERS" better)

30. Golden State Warriors (go back to blue and yellow)

NFL Top Three Unis

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Excellent color combos)

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (Tradition, tough)

3. Chicago Bears (again Tradition, tough)

Hometown take: My Lions need to use the retro gear modified a bit fulltime and drop the black.

NFL Bottom Three unis

30. Denver Broncos (I have never liked these. I never liked the old ones either)

31. Buffalo Bills (pick one color of blue and stay with it)

32. Cincinnati Bengals (new) (awful, awful, awful. Like kid's pajamas)

NHL Top Three Unis

1. Chicago Blackhawks (maybe the best in all of sports)

2. Detroit Red Wings (simple...its a classic)

3. Montreal Canadiens (tie) Toronto Maple Leafs (tie) New York Rangers (Original Six minus Boston...Bruins need to lose all that extra stuff going on...)

NHL Bottom Three Unis

28. Dallas Stars (Dallas, see the old Minny North Stars and go retro)

29. Nashville Predators (boring...Sabre Tooth Tiger and Country Music...yeah, right)

30. Vancouver Canucks (The Orca thing has to go)

Top three in the NHL:

1. Capitals - both the home and away are executed to perfection with colors and stripes the complement each logo perfectly.

2. Mighty Ducks - a fantastic logo mixed in with a unique color scheme that goes so great together and have actual relevance to the team name, and mized with uniforms that could now be considered traditional. It great that they haven't changed and seem to have no desire to either.

3. Senators - three entirely different jerseys, all of them unique and great looking.

Bottom three in the NHL:

1. Wild - no contest. Don't know why I picked them, look up every other post I've made about them.

2. Avalanche - ugly striping, stupid colors, non sensical use of black.

3. Predators - the colors aren't bad, but their uniforms are so strange to look at, and their alternate is hideous.

Top three in the MLB:

1. Dodgers - As cryptic as the name and logo are, their uniforms are clean and wonderful to look at. The use of red numbrs is intriguing, but looks wonderful.

2. Orioles - a beautiful logo and great looking uniforms.

3. Blue Jays - I really like what they've got. Their current look is probably the best look they've ever had. The only problem with it is that the uniforms themselves have numbers and letters that aren't blue. If they were, then you'd have complete perfection.

Bottom three in the MLB:

1. Astros - for a team with an almost futuristic theme surrounding its name, the logo is so old-school and deformed that it's a clash of history that looks really ugly. (Not to mention they got the ugliest ballpark in the league.)

2. Devil Rays - a murky color scheme using ugly shades of green and blue and weird uniforms.

3. ??? - I guess there is no real bad uniforms in the MLB, but those two stick out like really sore thumbs. If I can think of one later, I'll put it here.

Top three in the NFL:

1. Saints - the best damn helmet period! And the uniforms themselves are nice, I just wish they used those gold jerseys full-time, because those are damn sweet jerseys.

2. Packers - A good shade of green with a simple shade of yellow that utilizes all facets of a football uniform to perfection. The green jersey combo is the most uniform combo in the NFL, with yellow and white never meeting anywhere.

3. Steelers - a more intimidating look than even the Raiders, especially with the mean black helmet and black jersey, interrupted smoothly by a loud flash of gold that looks historic and mean.

Bottom three in the NFL:

1. Buccaneers - as clean as it might be, the helmet and pants are just one ugly shade of brown. (Call it pewter all you want, but face it, it's BROWN!) And considering the identity of the team that is associated with that color, the color is complete absent from the jerseys, which are probably the most popular form of wardrobe the fans would want to wear to display their "Pewter Power!"

2. Eagles - very ugly shade of green, too many shades of black and gray and a helmet that is too murky.

3. Chargers - stupid logo that doesn't work anywhere on the uniforms whatsoever and a throwback that is too light and not the least bit intimidating to be taken seriously, especially with a cool name like Chargers. Regular helmet looks fine though.

Top three of the NBA:

1. Rockets - excellent use of a single color and a good mix of silver.

2. Knicks - like the Dodgers, it's justa look that's clean and nice to look at.

3. Celtics - another one color team, tradition prevails with a clean classic look.

Bottom three of the NBA:

1. Jazz - stupid name, stupid logos (well they aren't stupid looking, they just have nothing to do with Jazz), stupid busy jerseys in like five differnet unrelated colors. Just start from scratch with a brand new name please.

2. Cavaliers - Wine uniforms on any basketball team just plain sucks.

3. Suns - bizarre use of gray, and striping that is wwwaaaaaaaayyy too thick for a basketball jersey.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

NHL Top Three:

1. Calgary Flames: Bringing back the red jerseys have made these unis my favourite. I can't describe exactly what I like about it, but IMO they are the best trio of jerseys in the league.

2. Los Angeles Kings: The purple and black are a combination I wish I could see more of. The logo is classy, the design is superb. The lone thing keeping this from No.1 is that unoriginal third.

3. Colorado Avalanche: Again, the third jersey brings it down. I love the style, albeit the colours are a little bland. Dial in the saturation a bit more, and it's much better.

NHL Bottom Three:

3. Florida Panthers: Can you say "monotonous?!" It's the same freaking jersey thrice over, with the same nonsensical shoulder logo, and a primary-colour mish-mash. Yech.

2. Nashville Predators: They got this far down on two factors: a) The jerseys are just WAY too busy! Created by the same guy who designed Graceland, I'm guessing. And B) A jersey should NOT look like upchuck! The third jersey is one of the most disgraceful I've seen.

1. Atlanta Thrashers: I've never liked home/road combos with different logos that much, but Atlanta's is just nauseating. I just can't stand it. And the third violates my Prime Directive Of Jersey Creation: SYMMETRY!

You may note a disturbing trend: MOST EXPANSION TEAMS JERSEYS BITE.

And it's true.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Current best

nhl: coyotes, wild, jackets 3rd

nfl: falcons, bengals, seahawks

mlb: angels, d-rays, padres road

nba: nuggets, rockets, hornets

current worst

nhl: capitals

nfl: vikings

mlb: JAYS

nba: jazz, pacers

all-time best

nhl: same as current best

nfl: same as current best

mlb:

nba: nets red white and blue star jersey, phili red 80s jersey

all-time worst

nhl: canucks v yellow jersey

nfl: jets green/black

mlb: pirates yellow striped jersey

nba: all the cartoonish ones, and the hawks lime green

nhl top 3

1) toronto maple leafs-traditional, yet new

2) montreal canadians-screw the yankees, this is tradition at its finest (agree with sabers7 about the white jerey though)

3T)new york rangers (h&r)-ingienious unis. just seperate the stripes on the home jerseys and ur fine

3T)new jersey devils-the only time changing TO red and black actually worked

nhl bottom 3

1)boston bruins-ur an original 6 team, not an expansion team. the leafs were able to update their unis and still look nice, why cant u?

2)dallas stars (3rd)-next time dont add a color that no one would ever associate with ur team

3)vancouver canucks-change back to green and blue, and desighn a logo that represents the word "canucks"

cfl top 3

1)winnipeg blue bombers-almost perfection (just change to powder blue)

2)bc lions-its like a car wreck. their aful, but i cant look away

3)montreal alouettes-great all around unis

cfl bottom 3

1)hamilton tigercats-tigers are orange, not yellow

2)toronto argonauts-the huge logos on the sleavs are just stupid

3)calgary stampeders-the ottawa senetors of the cfl. just pick a jersey style and stick with it

nfl top 3

1)san diego chargers (throwbacks)-best unis in all of sports

2)denver broncos-just make the orange jerseys the primaries and we have a winner

3)cincinati bengals-a great update of what they had

nfl bottom 3

1)oakland raiders-its called a stripe

2)arizona cardnals-see raiders

3)new york jets-go back to the 80's unis

nba top 3

1)minnisota t'wolves-great all round uni

2)toronto raptors-its the story of the ugly duckling

3)new jersey nets-great colors+simple desighn=great unis

nba bottom 3

1)atlanta hawks-their is so much u can do with the name "hawks" they settle with crap

2)indiana pacers-last look was 100x better. pinstripes and basketball dont mix

3)los angeles clippers-lakers rip-offs. enough said

mlb top 3

1)minnesota twins-wicked red "TC" cap. use them for all home games, use blue "TC" cap for all road games. all the jerseys are perfect

2)los angeles dodgers-so clean looking, so beutiful

3)boston red sox-bets traditional uni in baseball

mlb bottom 3

1)houston astros-the blue and gold set rocked. this set tries to create tradition were there is none

2)tampa bay devil rays-colors are great, just brighten them up a little

3)baltimore orioles-never liked these unis. dont know why, just never liked them

yeah, that is a problem. The numbers would be more legible I think if they were red trimmed in white, trimmed in blue. Double outline. Then you might do something similar for the homes like white trimmed in red trimmed in blue, but that might make it less legible.

I have to agree with most of your points, but I don't think the striped white one really works any better. The numbers are horrible, and I don't think you are allowed to use white numbers on a white jersey (Even if they are outlined in blue)

It's one of those things that makes me wish the NHL worked like Euro soccer, where a team would wear one jersey most of the time, and the visiting team would only wear a white/other colour if they clashed with the home team.

And Icecap: The Powder Blue Bombers? :P

And Icecap: The Powder Blue Bombers? :P

Icecap: although I agree that the Bombers have the nicest look in the CFL, powder blue should never be used. It would be such a blatant Chargers ripoff, and you can't beat dark blue for definition... except with maybe black, and you can ask the Stampeders how well emphasizing black works.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm still talking about having red numerals on a 'new' road, just outlined in white, then in blue. So a red number, like there is currently on the Vintage jersey, with a white outline, then a blue outline. Does that make sense? I seem to be confusing people here.

Nobody cares, but since you asked...

MLB

1. Tigers home - love the Olde English

2. Chicago Cubs - I know others will think Yanks, Red Sox and Cards are the epitome of old school, but to me, the Cubs work best.

3. Expos road - The pinstripes on the home don't belong, but the road greys are very nice.

28. Oakland A's - Yellow and green just don't seem to work too well together, at least the way they are presented here.

29. Tampa - the earlier ones especially - yuck! I actually kind of like the current incarnations, but the first generation wasn't nice.

30. Arizona - on so many levels: too many jerseys, too many colours, too many colours that don't work together.

NBA

I'm sort of hoping the league disappears tomorrow. I'm not a fan, especially after what the liar Heisley did in Vancouver. However, I do like the jerseys of the Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics. I also didn't mind the road blacks of the Grizzlies before they moved to Memphis. Overall though, if I didn't see another game, my life would be just fine. End of editorial...

NFL

1. NY Jets - love 'em. They've done a great job with just two colours.

2. Detroit Lions - Many here seem to think the addition of black was gratuitous. I can't disagree, but I love the Honolulu Blue and silver combination, and think the black adds to it.

3. Cleveland Browns - something about orange and brown and no logo works for me. Can't accuse them of going after the marketing dollars with new unis and fancy logos since...well, they don't have any.

Honourable Mention - Cincinnati Bengals up until a month ago.

30. Seattle Seahawks homes - my favourite team, but they took a big step backwards with the new unis. And the pants to match the jerseys at home? Although they're not much better, you can at least see the various colours on the road whites. The previous ones were much nicer.

31. Washington Redskins - it's a personal thing, but I've never liked the trim colours touching and have only two bands. Having said that, I loved the 70th anniversary maroons which used the same colours but different striping patterns.

32. Buffalo Bills - it's been covered, I think.

NHL

My favourite sports league in the entire world.

1. St Louis Blues - especially the whites. It beautifully combines the old and new. Just gorgeous.

2. Detroit whites - my favourite of the original six. I probably should say the Blackhawks here, but I despise Bill Wirtz and everything he stands for. So I won't say the Blackhawks here.

3. Minnesota thirds - Again, I know it's probably not popular here, but something about those jerseys is hugely appealing. I think the logo could be a bit better, but the jerseys are great!

28. Tampa Bay - Their colours are incredible but they are used extremely poorly. These could be so much better.

29. Dallas - These were the least inspired of the all-star jerseys, and Dallas' modification has done absolutely nothing to make them look any better. Plus, their thirds are brutal.

30. Anaheim - in the top five bad jerseys of all major professional sports ever. I hated them when they came out and they've grown on me since...like a tumour.

I think the NHL Vintage program is one of the greatest things since sliced bread. I actually like most of the older jerseys better than the current ones. I wouldn't be averse to seeing my beloved Canucks go back to this.

And Icecap:  The Powder Blue Bombers? :P

Icecap: although I agree that the Bombers have the nicest look in the CFL, powder blue should never be used. It would be such a blatant Chargers ripoff, and you can't beat dark blue for definition... except with maybe black, and you can ask the Stampeders how well emphasizing black works.

i probablly should have said i wasnt serious about the bombers using powder blue. its just such a great color. i agree however, the bombers shouldnt use it.

Archived