Toronto Blue Jays

TheFloridianLogoMan

I wrestled with the idea of posting this since the retro Blue Jays is by far everybody's choice for the new Blue Jays look WHENever they get away from this current set......but here it is anyway.

This concept takes the current Blue Jay bird with the Zero candy bar colors (you can now never unsee that) with replaces those colors with the classic colors of Blue Jay past....Blue, light/powder blue, and Canadian red. Also, I constructed a new font for use with this set, and with that, here are the fruits of my labor.

The primary mark is a thick blue ring, outlined in powder blue. Inside the blue ring is the Toronto Blue Jays wordmark that I constructed, which is hard for me to describe, tbh, but I'll try......it's a bevelment in the form of an inline instead of a true bevel. Inside the blue ring is a baseball, with the Blue Jay head superimposed over it, as well as part of the blue ring, separating the three words.

jaysprimary1.png

Here's the alternate, with the red maple leaf replacing the blue jay and baseball. It is worn on the left shoulder. I arched the leaf in order to fit the look.

jaysalternate1.png

The uniforms utilize the same font, albeit thinner and outlined, depending on the uniform. I really wanted these to resemble the classic set the Jays wore for all those years that they were successful, while also keeping a modern feel to them.

Home:bluejayshome.png

Blue font outlined in powder blue, inlined in white on the primary white home uniform, while white font outlined/inlined in blue on the powder alternate.

Away:bluejaysroad.png

Blue font outlined/inlined in white only.....just as the 1992/1993 road uniform has no powder blue on the stripes or numerals......In addition, I added a true road alternate....matching powder pants with the powder alternate.

And of course, who can forget Canada Day:bluejayscanada.png

....The hat obviously will be subject to change, in other words, whatever monstrocity MLB will march them out with.

Here are the numerals I designed....bluejaysnumerals.png

Feedback is welcome as always....otherwise, why would I post it, am I rite? lol

I'll give you a ton of creativity and style points for this. It does look great. But I would still like to see the Jays revert to regular (royal?) blue.

No need for them to embrace navy when the three most hated teams in the division (at least according to Jays/O's fans) embrace navy. We don't need 4 out of 5 teams in a division embracing one color.

It does look like a good set on its own, though. But I don't like it when too many teams in the same division look alike.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

have to agree, the blue jay logo on the front looks pretty out of place.

the red is unnecessary. i could see if you used the red in the numbers like the did in the late 90's but it sticks out. no reason to use the red other than on the maple leaf.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I'll give you a ton of creativity and style points for this. It does look great. But I would still like to see the Jays revert to regular (royal?) blue.

No need for them to embrace navy when the three most hated teams in the division (at least according to Jays/O's fans) embrace navy. We don't need 4 out of 5 teams in a division embracing one color.

It does look like a good set on its own, though. But I don't like it when too many teams in the same division look alike.

I think it should be noted that when I do navy, I use a much darker shade than the others use......trying to be more realistic than not.....here's a comparison.

jaysprimary1.png

If anything, yea, I don't use royal blue for this....but I didn't wanna use navy either....if anything, it's just a darker shade of Royal...In conclusion, what this site and CWX believes is navy, is just a lighter shade of blue to me.

With that, here are the uniforms with the numerals replacing the jay head.

Home:bluejayshome.png

Road:bluejaysroad.png

Canada:bluejayscanada.png

One more thing about my placement of the head on the uniform.......upright, it just didn't look right to me.....it looked even more out of place, so, I figured rotating it a little towards the right would blend it in with the script arching....it did to me, and I really wanted to keep it on there since that's what the classic Blue Jay look had for well over 20 years, but I can definately see where you guys were coming from, especially with the red in there.

I like where you were trying to go with this, but the blue jay's beak is rather hard to see on the actual logo, so I'm not sure if it's the colors or shape of the beak itself, or even the light blue line that isn't separating the upper and lower portions of the beak completely. It's just very awkward looking.

I do like the overall concept but I think you are either using to much red for my liking or just to thick of a stroke. I like where the idea is headed maybe only use red to outline the ball and the edges of the jay that overlaps and not the entire blue jay head itself ? Just a thought.

I do like the overall concept but I think you are either using to much red for my liking or just to thick of a stroke. I like where the idea is headed maybe only use red to outline the ball and the edges of the jay that overlaps and not the entire blue jay head itself ? Just a thought.

I imagine you are refering to the primary mark......I'll say this....I was worried I wasn't using enough....I wanted to keep a reasonable amount of red in this identity to compliment the Maple Leaf alternate, which is like 65-75% red.....otherwise, I'd have to get rid of the alternate altogether as to avoid inconsistency, which is a huge petpeeve of mine.

I like it a lot actually (maybe it's the similarities it has to the Blue Jays 97-02 logo--my favorite Blue Jays logo by far). The ONLY problem I have is that the font beveling, while it looks AMAZING up close and on the numbers, from a distance, the effect gets lost and just ends up looking like a poor job at an inner stroke (I'm not sure of the technical term for the line inside of a wordmark effect that the Blue Jays and Cavs had at one point). This is especially evident on the primary logo. I have no problems with the red like others seem to except that the thickness of the red stroke in the logo seems a little much, but that's just me nitpicking. I would definitely love to see a navy jersey though :)

I imagine you are refering to the primary mark......I'll say this....I was worried I wasn't using enough....I wanted to keep a reasonable amount of red in this identity to compliment the Maple Leaf alternate, which is like 65-75% red.....otherwise, I'd have to get rid of the alternate altogether as to avoid inconsistency, which is a huge petpeeve of mine.

Yes I was referring to the primary logo. I understand your reasoning behind the red but I am not sure you have to worry about it at all as both logos work well together and I think you can have more red on a maple leaf secondary as it is suppose to be more red than the blue jays which should be focused on blues. Just my 2 cents as I think you are on to something here. I just think having the Jays head outlined in red and the ball is over kill with red. I still would like to see this with just a red outline around the ball and over hanging Jay pieces and not the entire head.

Archived