piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

Quick update to my Chicago White Sox concept. I re-introduced silver because as I was looking through my teams, I realized that the White Sox are one the only teams that can truly emphasize the color without it seeming too tacky. The black pants are gone. I also added an optional alternate logo that's a take on the retro "batterman" logo. The last one was a batter, so why not a pitcher? I'm still working on it so I won't be too upset if no-one likes it. I'm also back to my "old" template if you want to call it that. C&C please :)

2ajxcnr.png

2s0n39k.png

vgq4w1.png

zv7ofl.png

345lhja.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic job on the Sox. I don't have any problems with this set, but I would like to see an alt hat based off of this. It's not a "necessity", but if it's gonna be a logo, you may as well use it somewhere, right (and it would look great as a "throwback" cap).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Fantastic job on the Sox. I don't have any problems with this set, but I would like to see an alt hat based off of this. It's not a "necessity", but if it's gonna be a logo, you may as well use it somewhere, right (and it would look great as a "throwback" cap).

That sounds like a great idea. I've always thought that the White Sox were one of the few teams that could pull off a white cap. I'll surely consider your suggestion when I'm done making the logo :-).

Miami Marlins

This concept is more of "what I wanted the Marlins to do" rather than "working off what they have now". The colors are aqua and orange, similar to the Miami Dolphins colors. The first logo is my updated "Marlin" logo. I made some changes to their original Marlin in order to simplify it, make it more workable with my other logos, and make it more adaptable to having only one major color in it (aqua). I knew from the beginning that black was out of the question in order to sustain color balance. Therefore, I took steps to make the Marlin as simple as possible without making it lack character. The top-right logo is the primary logo. I'm sure you've seen it before. The bottom left logo is the cap logo. It's a take on the 1993-2002 cap logo. The bottom right are just some scripts that I was working on.

15mgsuc.png

The scripts are nothing new except for the "Miami" script. I'm still trying to smooth it out and make it less bumpy, so this is what you'll expect for the update.

avk2zq.png

The home jersey is a simple streamlined look. The main factor I was going for was an even color distribution. I wanted it to be 70% aqua/30% orange.

2dhb8nb.png

The road jersey is self-explanitory.

w14kdh.png

The third jersey is a bright orange jersey with an aqua script outlined in white. Also, I included an alternate cap that just gives off more orange than the primary cap.

2zxp5ad.png

C&C would be great. Thanks! :D

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The marlin by its self doesn't really work as a logo, so I'd just remove that. The "M" logo would look much better if the "M" were regular/stationary, if you know what I mean. As of now it's skewed to the right while the marlin is going to the left. I understand that it's the same "M" as in the scripts, but a flat, regular "M" would work better.

Here's the problem with the "Miami" script: the "IAM" is on a straight angle, while the underline is curved, so it clashes if you see what I mean. Try to make the letters follow the contour of the underline more. Also, the aqua alt would look better with the colours on the script inverted. That home is gorgeous, though.

The marlin by its self doesn't really work as a logo, so I'd just remove that. The "M" logo would look much better if the "M" were regular/stationary, if you know what I mean. As of now it's skewed to the right while the marlin is going to the left. I understand that it's the same "M" as in the scripts, but a flat, regular "M" would work better.

Here's the problem with the "Miami" script: the "IAM" is on a straight angle, while the underline is curved, so it clashes if you see what I mean. Try to make the letters follow the contour of the underline more. Also, the aqua alt would look better with the colours on the script inverted. That home is gorgeous, though.

Ah, so that's why the "Miami" script wasn't working. You also really helped me with the cap logo as well. Thank you.

I also wanted to release the beginnings of a Giants concept I'm working on. The script is made entirely out of their current interlocking "SF" logo. The logos aren't really appealing to me at this juncture. Any ideas on how to make it work?

v4ro1h.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

On the logo to the far right, the stitches kind of clash with the bridge. They're both just there, so it doesn't really go well. Try to make it flow more, like the stitches coming "from" the poles/wires in the bridge.

On the logo to the far right, the stitches kind of clash with the bridge. They're both just there, so it doesn't really go well. Try to make it flow more, like the stitches coming "from" the poles/wires in the bridge.

Thanks, but I decided to just scrap the whole thing. Here's an update along with some other logos I'm working on.

ank1g1.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Looks good! But what happened to his left leg?

Wrapped around the back of the horse.

Texas Rangers

Absolutely up for C&C on this one.

2regx0n.png

71snc2.png

This isn't a shot at you or anything, because I think these all look pretty good.

But I'm just speaking in general when I say I really hate the idea of using brown for Texas teams... especially for the Rangers.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Thank you so much for the responses guys.

San Francisco Giants

For my Giants concept, my main goal was to make adequate use of black and orange. The logos are an attempt at making better use of famous Golden Gate Bridge.

23u5ri8.png

For the scripts, I made my own "Giants" script in order to match the interlocking "SF"(One of my favorite cap logos in the league). I chose to use the interlocking "SF" as the primary road mark.

2571474.png

The home uniform stays true to their current look. I kept the cream both in order to differentiate the Giants from the Orioles, and just because I think the cream really accents the black/orange well.

1zn4oat.png

The road uniform is a take off of the 2001 alternate jersey. I really tried to make the piping orange-cream-orange, but it honestly looked awful. I also didn't want mis-matched scripts so I decided to just go all out black and orange for the road. The only area where cream can be found is on the patch, the battermark, and the pants.

wim3c.png

The alternate uniform is where I really tried to use cream as an accent color. I've always thought that the current orange jersey the Giants wear is good, but a little drab. They have such a unique opportunity to go with cream accents but instead they chose a single black piping. Now the orange Marlins alternate is virtually identical to the Giants orange alternate.

oj137c.png

C&C would be great. Thank you. :D

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

What's that glacier-twill stuff on the numbers and scripts (I think I just answered my own question)? I see that you were trying to make it more realistic, but when the scripts/names/numbers are that small, it just clutters it up and makes it look less clean.

The logos are easily your best work so far. I like the home and alt, but the road needs some work. I hate "phantom" numbers and logos. Make them wither white or orange.

What's that glacier-twill stuff on the numbers and scripts (I think I just answered my own question)? I see that you were trying to make it more realistic, but when the scripts/names/numbers are that small, it just clutters it up and makes it look less clean.

The logos are easily your best work so far. I like the home and alt, but the road needs some work. I hate "phantom" numbers and logos. Make them wither white or orange.

+1 on everything

Also, the orange-brimmed cap should stay an alternate look. While it does look nice, the solid black with an orange SF is too classic to dump.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

the giants are beautiful. nothing wrong with the set, except maybe a orange cap using the "g" from the script for the alt? the reds logos look nice. i like the idea of silver. i hate the idea of a sun on the marlins. its not working for me. your first version was better. the pirates and Sox look great as well. if you haven't done my Blue Jays and D'backs, i can't wait to see what you come up with.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Wow, fantastic job! With the exception of the 1993 set, this is better than anything they've ever worn IMO. Just for future reference though, try adding a white outline to the batterman logo as opposed to recolouring it based on what colour the jersey is.

Los Angeles Angels

So I had an idea when thinking up my Angels concept. I wanted to try something so unique and out-of-the-box that the concept would just have to be classified as "riske". It's either good, or it's a bomb. The first thing you thing of when you think of Angels is white. So using that as a starting point, I based my entire concept on the color white. Here is the result:

2czd6l2.png

33y04yr.png

2ypnn9g.png

s13y92.png

34xi6aq.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The only critique I can give for the Angels is on presentation. You need a different coloured background, because I can't even see the highlights of the white of the uniforms unless I tilt my monitor to a weird angle. But the idea is great, and I like the execution, too. It's definitely a risque concept, but I really liked how it turned out, from the halo cap to the sleeve wings to the colour distribution. Excellent work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Nice job! Normally, I don't like "phantom" scripts/numbers, but it works here on the white jersey with the thick outlining. However, the white-on-white numbers don't really stick out as much, so either make them coloured or thicken the outlines. I'm wondering what a red script would look like on the gold jersey; it's not that a white script looks bad, but I think a gold script would look better. Sweet idea with the wings on the sleeves BTW.

Archived