BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I see. Didn't mean to jump down your throat, I just don't want the draft to get slowed down since we've got a good pace going.

Why not make one pick now and ask Dexter about the other one when he's available?

No problem. Just did that, took Sandberg with my next pick.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think, and it's not my draft, but I think so long as you pick somebody who is off the board, it should be fine replacing Stargell. However, when people send in their picks, they should definitely specify how many picks these should be used for if the person's not around.

As much as I'd love to have a remote chance of grabbing Willie Stargell, my opinion is that if the pick was made based on the list he sent someone to be used in his absence, then he gets whoever is picked from that list. I'm sure we'll all wish for a mulligan at some point along the way. If you ask me, if the rules were followed, then he's stuck with Stargell. Besides, who in their right mind doesn't want Willie Stargell?

BB52Big.jpg

A big thanks to bruschi for helping me out today, a huge lifesaver. Got both the players I wanted, too :D Thanks again, bruschi!

I wasn't quite sure Yaz was going to fall to me, but it appears I got lucky. I did expect, as much as I love the guy, Sutton to fall however. His name is not very big today, for whatever reason. But, he had an incredible career (just look the guy up! :D). I love the workhorse mentality he had as well, definetely the kind of pitcher I want on my team. I mean, the guy's nickname was "Black and Decker" - that should tell you enough about his work ethic, loyalty, heart, and effort. Then, add the fact that he's 14th in wins and (correct me if I'm wrong) 7th in strikeouts all-time, you have not just a workhorse - but a workhorse who was d*mn good.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think, and it's not my draft, but I think so long as you pick somebody who is off the board, it should be fine replacing Stargell. However, when people send in their picks, they should definitely specify how many picks these should be used for if the person's not around.

As much as I'd love to have a remote chance of grabbing Willie Stargell, my opinion is that if the pick was made based on the list he sent someone to be used in his absence, then he gets whoever is picked from that list. I'm sure we'll all wish for a mulligan at some point along the way. If you ask me, if the rules were followed, then he's stuck with Stargell. Besides, who in their right mind doesn't want Willie Stargell?

Fair enough, I mean it's not like I'm stuck getting Micky Morandini. And for the record, I sent the list on Sunday saying that I'd be working 11-5 that day. I assumed that after those hours, the list wouldn't be applicable. The only reason I wanted to switch around that list was because of other players being picked and thinning out a couple positions. Since there were like 4 or 5 picks made after Dexter took Stargell for me, it's too late to go back now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Fair enough, I mean it's not like I'm stuck getting Micky Morandini. And for the record, I sent the list on Sunday saying that I'd be working 11-5 that day. I assumed that after those hours, the list wouldn't be applicable. The only reason I wanted to switch around that list was because of other players being picked and thinning out a couple positions. Since there were like 4 or 5 picks made after Dexter took Stargell for me, it's too late to go back now.

Understood. Put Stargell back in the mix if you want. I'm OK with it if everyone else is.

BB52Big.jpg

So who's up?

You.

Ok. I'll have a pick for you in a few minutes.

And that pick is in. Second baseman Joe Morgan. Surprised he was still there.

Could you post it in the selection thread if you haven't already, because I don't see it or at least not yet.

Up now.

I think what I may have done was just downright evil.

I already had a starting shortstop that I could move to another position if I wanted to and justify him there. Now I have two, which means I still have the option of picking a third shortstop if I so desire to.

I probably also took away somebody's starting shortstop meaning that somebody who would not be starting otherwise will be now because I have two starting shortstops on my team.

I already had a starting shortstop that I could move to another position if I wanted to and justify him there. Now I have two, which means I still have the option of picking a third shortstop if I so desire to.

I probably also took away somebody's starting shortstop meaning that somebody who would not be starting otherwise will be now because I have two starting shortstops on my team.

Yount was on my short list at SS. I figured all the kids here would think of him as an outfielder so he'd be around a while. Evil or not, it's a great pick.

BB52Big.jpg

Oddball is on the clock.

Upcoming picks:

Albuquerque Dukes (oddball) Dennis Eckersley, P

Atlanta Black Crackers (brushimania) Pedro Martinez

Milwaukee Baseball LLC (KDubK414) Paul Molitor

New York Highlanders(Dexter Morgan)

Cleveland Indians (north dakota)

Montreal Royals (scottysprings)

Salisbury Steaks (AnythingChicago)

Salisbury Steaks (AnythingChicago)

Montreal Royals (scottysprings)

Cleveland Indians (north dakota)

New York Highlanders(Dexter Morgan)

Milwaukee Baseball LLC (KDubK414)

Atlanta Black Crackers (brushimania)

Albuquerque Dukes (oddball)

Newark Eagles (pmoehrin)

Pittsburgh Crawfords (infrared41)

Detroit Stars (YessSir32)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Lights Out)

New York Mets (NJTank)

Chicago Cubs (Billy B.)

Modesto Nuts (nash61)

Los Angeles Dodgers (knnhrvy16)

Los Angeles Dodgers (knnhrvy16)

Modesto Nuts (nash61)

Chicago Cubs (Billy B.)

New York Mets (NJTank)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Lights Out)

Detroit Stars (YessSir32)

Pittsburgh Crawfords (infrared41)

Newark Eagles (pmoehrin)

Back to top. And repeat. And repeat. :P

25yzwqg.png

Yount was on my short list at SS. I figured all the kids here would think of him as an outfielder so he'd be around a while. Evil or not, it's a great pick.

I'm also looking at my big board as well, its a long drop between Yount and the second best shortstop I had available so anyone taking a shortstop at this point I'd say is automatically reaching.

I have a bunch of 2B coming up and I see alot of people still need one so I would expect people to start picking them now.

I've also yet to draft someone who hasn't at least had 3000 hits, 500 home runs or 300 wins. Also the position players aren't one dimensional either. All of them could play the field. Every single one of them led the league in range factor for their position at some point in their career with very high fielding percentages to go along with it.

Archived