BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we determined the ruling on Willie Stargell?

Use this as a reference and decide if he meets the requirements made by Dexter at the position you want him at.

I meant is Stargell going back into the draft or is Billy B stuck with him?

BB52Big.jpg

Use this as a reference and decide if he meets the requirements made by Dexter at the position you want him at.

Oh, I dunno. Why would he go back into the draft?

25yzwqg.png

Go back a few pages to see.

BB52Big.jpg

Apparently there was some confusion over who he wanted.

I wouldn't have an issue with him putting him back in the draft and reselecting as long as anyone who picked after him gets to keep their picks as well.

I understand what he is saying but I still feel there should be some penalty with this. If the person drafting for you gets mixed up with who you wanted, that's on you unless you can show me a PM message where you clearly said I want to take this player with this pick and the person screwed you.

I view Stargell myself as an incredibly overrated player. No speed, no glove, (I'll give him the arm) strikes out a ton and plays a position where your probably getting offense anyway. OBP is good but good is about it. He's basically Adam Dunn with a better batting average and a longer career. I would just put him back in the draft and select another player even if I had to wait a few rounds.

I'll just keep Stargell, it's too late to go back and change it and it's not like I got a bad player. I'm putting him at first base for now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oddball picks the second relief pitcher so far, Dennis Eckersley. Nice pick, he's probably the second best RP you could have.

Bruschimania on the clock.

I agree, I thought relief pitchers wouldn't go so quick. Maybe this is when they start going.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Pedro had a smaller peak than most, but for that peak? Filthiest pitcher in the game.

Great pitchers have to prove themselves over an extended period of time. Therefore, Pedro was a good pitcher, not a great one. Can't say I agree with the pick.

Anyways, I am going to be gone from 4:45-8:30 EST. Who should I PM my picks to?

25yzwqg.png

Pedro had a smaller peak than most, but for that peak? Filthiest pitcher in the game.

Great pitchers have to prove themselves over an extended period of time. Therefore, Pedro was a good pitcher, not a great one. Can't say I agree with the pick.

Anyways, I am going to be gone from 5:45-8:30 EST. Who should I PM my picks to?

I could take them. I'm not going anywhere.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Anyways, I am going to be gone from 5:45-8:30 EST. Who should I PM my picks to?

I could take them. I'm not going anywhere.

You have 'em.

25yzwqg.png

Nice pick, he's probably the second best RP you could have.

I can think of someone who was at least on the same level if not better.

Honestly, there were probably 5-10 dominant closers that I could list off the top of my head. I just tend to pick what my gut tells me. I have no problem saying I was looking at Joe Torre at 3B, but he really didn't play 5 full seasons at 3B as he split time between 3B and 1B.

Archived