BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

No denying that the Gators resume isn't long enough, but when he did pitch, he was stellar. I think I got good value in this round. He and Dizzy Dean are comparable players.

I'd rank Dean over him, but not by alot.

I said earlier that Dizzy Dean would not be in the Hall had he not played for the Cardinals and I fully stand behind that assertion.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else think this is the best part of the draft?

Absolutely. It's the grittiest, most cerebral part of the draft I think. It's becoming a welcome, fun challenge.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Here is my roster from the last time I did a draft like this 3 years ago.

Belfast Bombers

Starters:

C Gary Carter

1B George Sisler

2B Rogers Hornsby

SS Luke Appling

3B Wade Boggs

OF Roberto Clemente

CF Torii Hunter

OF Dave Winfield

DH Fred McGriff

Bench:

C Ray Schalk

1B/3B Tony Perez

2B/SS Joe Sewell

OF Heinie Manush

CF Grady Sizemore

Pitchers:

SP Walter Johnson

SP Steve Carlton

SP Bert Blyleven

SP Tommy John

SP Pud Galvin

SP C.C. Sabathia

Relief Pitchers:

RP Darold Knowles

RP Todd Jones

RP Dan Plesac

RP Doug Jones

CL Lee Smith

Can we just skip him? I personally think we should actually just drop the time for making a pick to 3 hours. I've been sending my lists off to Dex and he even made a pick for me today while I was on the board. *lol*

Gahhh. There goes my third baseman pick :( oh well, I think I may have another in mind.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Gahhh. There goes my third baseman pick :( oh well, I think I may have another in mind.

I was back and forth on Santo and another 3B. You still have a few good options for the hot corner imo.

Yeah, after a little more digging I've found a few that could be of good value. Not very big names, but they had solid careers nonetheless :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I see that Jahgee is online, he should have his picks in soon.

I was mulling over a couple of players, and finally decided on Jimmy Sheckard and John Clarkson

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Archived