New York State License Plate(s)

awinagainov0708

I think most here will agree that the current New York State license plates are just plain awful. I got my first car a few days ago and after seeing the orange-yellow abominations on it I decided to recreate the NY plate. Below is the standard issue (ABC1234) plate. Depending on the response here ive got various other NY plates (ex. sports teams, professions, etc.) to release.

standardplate.jpg

It's nice, but it's too close to PA's plate, and of course you're going to see a lot of those together

plate-pa-large.jpg

But I agree that the NY plates aren't very appealing, but they're way better than Ohio's super busy painting of a plate

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like it. I like the use of the I <3 NY logo, even though that's specifically for NYC. For some reason I like the yellow of our current ones. Although the one before that grew on me, with that awesome graphic going from Niagara Falls to NYC. I think if you took that graphic and maybe sublimated it on your concept it'd look great.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like it. I like the use of the I <3 NY logo, even though that's specifically for NYC. For some reason I like the yellow of our current ones. Although the one before that grew on me, with that awesome graphic going from Niagara Falls to NYC. I think if you took that graphic and maybe sublimated it on your concept it'd look great.

I loved the previous plates too however when you think about it, the design isnt very functional. On the roads, you cant even make out the plates features. I only noticed Mount Marcy in them recently.

New York, of all places, has NASCAR plates... who knew?

Anyway, your plate is a definite upgrade over what they have now, although I think they nailed it with the previous ones.

nyemp1.jpg

I like it. I like the use of the I <3 NY logo, even though that's specifically for NYC.

Actually, it's both.

Anyway, your plate is a definite upgrade over what they have now, although I think they nailed it with the previous ones.

nyemp1.jpg

I like it. I like the use of the I <3 NY logo, even though that's specifically for NYC.

Actually, it's both.

eah i really loved the whole niagara falls to NYC look...they shoulda kept that element at least...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

It's nice, but it's too close to PA's plate, and of course you're going to see a lot of those together

plate-pa-large.jpg

But I agree that the NY plates aren't very appealing, but they're way better than Ohio's super busy painting of a plate

I kind of like Ohio's new plates.

personalized_ohio2.jpg

What if you used blue and orange instead of yellow?

I'd like to stick with the blue and yellow because those are New Yorks official colors but heres what shade of orange I think looks best. Its kind of a cross between "Empire Gold" and orange. Opinions? I'm considering turning this into a series.

standardplate2.jpg

I'd like to stick with the blue and yellow because those are New Yorks official colors but heres what shade of orange I think looks best. Its kind of a cross between "Empire Gold" and orange. Opinions? I'm considering turning this into a series.

standardplate2.jpg

Please do! I'd love to see what you could do with Wisconsin (so long as you don't stick a f***ing cow on the plate :D).

I also like your "hybrid gold," but since blue and yellow are the official colors of almost half the states, I wouldn't worry too much about sticking to them here.

Well, Watkins Glen is in NY state

True, but I think most people associate Watkins Glen with open-wheel racing (F1, Indy, etc.) rather than NASCAR.

I think these are loads better than the new 'Empire Gold' plates. I also like that you're putting the county name on the plates (it made me smile to see an Orleans County plate).

However, with the current location of the county name . . . . what happens when you get a longer county name (like Jefferson)?

Archived