College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Honestly, the white, maroon, maroon look is fantastic. That said, I agree that seeing them in the stormtrooper look would be really weird. Oregon pulled it off because they're colors aren't as dark as ASU's. Plus, ASU would just be copying Oregon and that other school with the crazy coach. I personally love mixing and matching. The more combos that better for me. But that's because I'm an Oregon fan, it's hardwired into my system. If I was an ASU fan, I would get rid of the white helmet as well.

And what is up with Utah's pants? Why the swirly?

Yeah the stormtrooper look works for some teams. Oregon's is actually kind of nice. And while you as an Oregon fan love the mix and match (because that's your guys' thing), like Oregon's set, some of the combos in this ASU set just probably won't work. Flat out. Like the all-white probably won't work for ASU. All-Maroon has a chance to be interesting, despite my hate of monochrome. Speaking of, if ASU trys the same monochrome as last year (gold helmet, maroon jersey/pants), that's an ugly sight as well. Some of these combos will work, there will be some that should never be seen, and the white helmet needs to go.

For Utah's pants, it's the same pattern as their shoulders. It's supposedly a topographical map of Salt Lake City.

Meh, that wasn't that bad. Oregon has done much worse (white green grey and grey/carbon green grey made me puke). I don't know if this is in their set, but is there any possibility for them to do all gold? I think that would be the worst (thank god oregon hasn't done that yet).

As for Utah, that might just be the stupidest design I have ever seen in my entire life. Topographical maps? Seriously? This is why Under Armor must die.

171277644_0cbd5abb9b_b.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, there's no indication that ASU has a gold jersey, which is good because ASU shouldn't be wearing anything other than rust jerseys at home.

I agree with (in my opinion) two exceptions: white gold white, maroon black maroon. And I'm glad this forum finally came to agree with something, even if it is small: ASU would not look good in stormtrooper (even though it will almost certainly happen at some point, to which we can then all go :cursing: ).

Oregon never actually wore that helmet. In the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl, we wore blank helmets. In the 2008 games against Utah State and BSU, some people say we didn't have the flames at all, some said we did but they were much less visible. And all three times, we worse a green facemask, not a grey one. But yes, I think you cold make arguments for both being number 1. I think because of the fact that we never actually used the original horrid design, Utah still wins (but not by much).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No, there's no indication that ASU has a gold jersey, which is good because ASU shouldn't be wearing anything other than rust jerseys at home.

What? We don't have orange jerseys :P

And really, prior to this year I've wanted a gold jersey for ASU. I mean it is the other primary color of the school, and I always thought it would have helped to separate ASU from USC's similar scheme. I wouldn't have minded it with the prior sets. And while I would like to see it now, I don't know if I'd want it thrown into the mix and match bin. Especially since there are only a couple combos it would look good in and several where it would look horrible (i.e. Banana)

I agree with (in my opinion) two exceptions: white gold white, maroon black maroon. And I'm glad this forum finally came to agree with something, even if it is small: ASU would not look good in stormtrooper (even though it will almost certainly happen at some point, to which we can then all go :cursing: ).

No.

Too light. Too dark. Both ideas would blend too much. For a reason as to why maroon/black/maroon wouldn't work, look at the old Mississippi State set. Yuck.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Call me late to the party or slow or whatever, but when did the Canes decide to ditch all their alt options? This is dumber than when Randy Shannon took off the name plates.

KISSwall09.jpg

What? We don't have orange jerseys :P

And really, prior to this year I've wanted a gold jersey for ASU. I mean it is the other primary color of the school, and I always thought it would have helped to separate ASU from USC's similar scheme. I wouldn't have minded it with the prior sets. And while I would like to see it now, I don't know if I'd want it thrown into the mix and match bin. Especially since there are only a couple combos it would look good in and several where it would look horrible (i.e. Banana)

No.

Too light. Too dark. Both ideas would blend too much. For a reason as to why maroon/black/maroon wouldn't work, look at the old Mississippi State set. Yuck.

Yeah, I have no idea why i initially thought that would look good. I retract that statement, and replace it with maroon gold maroon. This raises another thing I'm worried about. I really only think the black jersey only works with the black, and maybe the gold, helmet. I think Oregon has done it right in which they have only worn the black jersey when they have the black helmet, and black or grey pants. ASU doesn't have grey pants (thankfully), so they're only options for using the black jersey to me are blackout or gold black black (although gold black white wouldn't be that horrible). Learn from Oregon ASU, and don't over use the black jersey.

Yeah, it's a shame because I personally really wanted them to use the green helmet again :( . I also thought white green white and white white green looked fantastic.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Minnesota looked absolutely horrible in white helmets with maroon jerseys and maroon pants. AZ State should take note.

When did Minnesota do that? I knew they did a white out, but I don't think they ever did white maroon maroon did they?

So it looks like the helmet project added the Wyoming helmet today.

Wyoming_B.gif

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a really long time. It looks like someone just smeared crap all over the helmet and called it a day.

Call me late to the party or slow or whatever, but when did the Canes decide to ditch all their alt options? This is dumber than when Randy Shannon took off the name plates.

For this season they'll wear orange jersey and white pants at home and all white on the road. Hopefully after this year they'll bring back the other options

For this season they'll wear orange jersey and white pants at home and all white on the road. Hopefully after this year they'll bring back the other options

Not sure why they would do that unless they ordered new throwback uniforms and the green stuff won't make it in time.

Seriously no colored pants for Miami? The green jersey I can live without, but the white helmet/white pants only combo seems too traditionalist for Miami.

Based on the past, and a tidbit I remember reading a while ago, the 'Canes are supposed to have a completely new set come next season.

Apparently, they're going to be in this style according the USM people.

c55e30b1-2bf4-4759-8830-89b18784c4a8.Full.jpg

Archived