College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

SC's white pants. Rumored to be considered, but relegated to "scrimmage pants". As a fan, I dont care for them. Maybe with an alt yellow ala 75th anniversary Rams, but that's too far for the Trojans. Tradition trumps change in this case.

PANTS.jpg

Nothing about that look USC to me, they look like Stanford. The white pants don't work for USC, because yellow is only featured on the helmet logo, and it should definitely play a bigger part in USC's uniforms Needless to say, I am glad USC scrapped this look.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SC's white pants. Rumored to be considered, but relegated to "scrimmage pants". As a fan, I dont care for them. Maybe with an alt yellow ala 75th anniversary Rams, but that's too far for the Trojans. Tradition trumps change in this case.

PANTS.jpg

Nothing about that look USC to me, they look like Stanford. The white pants don't work for USC, because yellow is only featured on the helmet logo, and it should definitely play a bigger part in USC's uniforms Needless to say, I am glad USC scrapped this look.

When did they scrap it? The pants are new this season and Kiffin hasn't ruled them out for a game.

OMG a team full of tradition is finally getting with the times, down with them!!

An all white set would definitely look good for USC. While the yellow on the helmet would look out of place given the lack of yellow on the pants/jersey, it would still look pretty good IMO.

I think Russell has finally managed to come up with a template that they can get some decent mileage of. This is the best application yet of this particular uniform style.

(Waiting to see just how they manage to screw up Florida A&M's version of these when they get them...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

NEW University of Louisiana at Lafayette uniforms. Black pants added but helmet remains red. Fleur de lis pattern in the shoulders and pants stripe. Not too bad.

I like that they are going by just Louisiana.

In their own minds? Yes, they are just "Louisiana." But people around Lafayette are about the only ones that refer to them in that manner.

gYH2mW9.png

Cajun's seemed to be onto something but that needed at least another round of discussion and reworking. the Flur de Le pattern is inspired but the end result isnt too appealing to me and ends up making the red underneath look pink.

not a good wordmark either. i love that they wanted to do something different than a slanted block font, but this typeface is not made for football jerseys.

the number font is the worst part. the kerning between the numbers couldnt be any larger. that looks terrible, and theres way too much 'character' trying to be squeezed into it. round bubbly corners with 'custom' points AND spurs on one side of the numbers. too many ideas in one space.

this is not a highlight piece for Russel's portfolio.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I really like those. Modern, but somewhat classy looking.

Is there a number on the announced number of blackouts yet? It seemed like there were at least 15 or 20 last year.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Cajun's seemed to be onto something but that needed at least another round of discussion and reworking. the Flur de Le pattern is inspired but the end result isnt too appealing to me and ends up making the red underneath look pink.

not a good wordmark either. i love that they wanted to do something different than a slanted block font, but this typeface is not made for football jerseys.

the number font is the worst part. the kerning between the numbers couldnt be any larger. that looks terrible, and theres way too much 'character' trying to be squeezed into it. round bubbly corners with 'custom' points AND spurs on one side of the numbers. too many ideas in one space.

To be fair, nothing in Russell's portfolio is a "portfolio piece". ^_^

That said, considering what both Russell and the Cajuns have churned out in the past, this is about as close to solid as they've had. If nothing else, it's a start.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

OMG a team full of tradition is finally getting with the times, down with them!!

An all white set would definitely look good for USC. While the yellow on the helmet would look out of place given the lack of yellow on the pants/jersey, it would still look pretty good IMO.

They looks worse and don't use school colors. Of course and Oregon fan would be on board with that.

They "got with the times" by bastardizing their look, selling out to a fad and making themselves look notably WORSE? Okay then.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They "got with the times" by bastardizing their look, selling out to a fad and making themselves look notably WORSE? Okay then.

Thank you.

Not making excuses, but the number font isn't anything new, it's been used for several years and is meant to go with the font used on the helmets. As for the "Louisiana" text across the chest, I think that is a school administrative decision. That's the font they use for everything to desperately promote the "Louisiana" and "UL" monikers as an attempt to convinve the public that they are just the University of Louisiana. Again, that's not new either. Here's the previous home unis they used.

RIAGKDCKOMTTEQJ.20090906013238.JPG

I do agree that the pattern gives off a slightly pinkish hue. I think that it's more of an issue on the road whites than on the home reds though.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived