College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

What school is that?

I think it's Iowa.

It's University of Southern Miss...like the original post stated

It's a joke because of the current "dispute" between the two logos.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the sake of this thread and for the visual, here's Arizona State's new look:

SunDevils02.jpg

New-Arizona-State-Football-Uniforms1.jpg

Now the other day though, a couple of things that weren't revealed back in April popped up. A white helmet and a maroon helmet:

Untitled-71.jpg

And that day during the Pac-10 media rounds, ASU QB Brock Osweiler was asked about the uniforms and was excited for all the new combos. Mentioning 4 helmets (the gold and black from the original unveil, apparently as well as these two previously unannounced white and maroon helmets) 4 pants (Gold, Maroon, Black, White) and the 3 jerseys. He also talked about being excited for the all black look (which we knew about) and an all-white look (something we hadn't seen). So at first with that photo surfacing we thought it could've been just a prototype (and I know that's a legit photo, because that was taken in an ASU athletic office. I know that room.) and then Osweiler gave some credence to the players knowing about wearing them (something no one else knew).

And well now I can say that, at the very least, the white helmet is officialy part of the the set, because look what showed up at practice today:

252191_10150257551066854_22208101853_8064577_6720218_n.jpg

Yeah I'm definitely not a fan. I know they're going to trot out the stormtrooper look at somepoint, and I'm not gonna be down with that. White helmets is the signature of our biggest rival to the south, so I don't really think this is a great idea. All that, and I don't think it looks all that great. The maroon helmet works. I like that. But white? Ehhhh, not so much.

Again an unnecessary double outline ruins what was going to be a great new look. Disgusting.

Actually, I think it improves it immensely.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Actually, I think it improves it immensely.

You talking about the logo for AZ State?

Honestly, I think the logo is terrible. It belongs on a second generation Arena team's helmet. Also, it belongs on this:

maserati2.jpg

Wait...have I posted too much???

I think that it's different, thats for sure, but I like the way it looks on a helmet. As an actual primary logo? Meh. They could have done better. But hey, look on the bright side; in ten years, they'll get to do throwback with sparky on the helmet :grin:

Sun Belt

Louisiana-Lafayette: New uniform set.

Fixed it for you. Since there are two schools under the "University of Louisiana" moniker, it only makes sense to differentiate the two whenever possible.

haha. I was told by a ULL fan at last season's opener that they were Louisiana, or as he sounded it, "Lweesann'a"

They will definitely tell you that. Some national publications like Athlon & Lindsey referred to them as "Louisiana" in the 2011 preview magazines. Look at their logos, they say "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns." That's what the fans and the athletic department are desperately trying to brand themselves as. And, honestly, if baffles me that Louisiana-Monroe doesn't put up much of a fight against it. The fact of the matter is that there is official state legislation that no school in the state can be called "The University of Louisiana" without the local identifier (i.e. Lafayette or Monroe) also attached.

Yeah, it kind of surprises me that Monroe hasn't gone out of its way to try and either stop Lafayette from doing that or tried to brand itself as Louisiana instead. Then again, half the time I'm not sure anybody in Monroe cares at all.

But to be fair, didn't Tulane (the old U of Louisiana) give Lafayette permission to use the name, but then the legislature blocked it?

The new ASU logo looks like a salad fork. It needs to wrap around the helmet.

1) You must have some pointy and dangerous salad forks.

2) I agree, it would look 100x better wrapped around.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow, we've already agreed on two things in this thread! It does need to wrap around. I think that's more than the last thread combined at this point!

Sun Belt

Louisiana-Lafayette: New uniform set.

Fixed it for you. Since there are two schools under the "University of Louisiana" moniker, it only makes sense to differentiate the two whenever possible.

haha. I was told by a ULL fan at last season's opener that they were Louisiana, or as he sounded it, "Lweesann'a"

They will definitely tell you that. Some national publications like Athlon & Lindsey referred to them as "Louisiana" in the 2011 preview magazines. Look at their logos, they say "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns." That's what the fans and the athletic department are desperately trying to brand themselves as. And, honestly, if baffles me that Louisiana-Monroe doesn't put up much of a fight against it. The fact of the matter is that there is official state legislation that no school in the state can be called "The University of Louisiana" without the local identifier (i.e. Lafayette or Monroe) also attached.

Yeah, it kind of surprises me that Monroe hasn't gone out of its way to try and either stop Lafayette from doing that or tried to brand itself as Louisiana instead. Then again, half the time I'm not sure anybody in Monroe cares at all.

But to be fair, didn't Tulane (the old U of Louisiana) give Lafayette permission to use the name, but then the legislature blocked it?

Although Tulane began as the publicly funded University of Louisiana back in the 1800's, the name changed when it became private. Now it's techinically the Tulane University of Louisiana. I'm not sure the permission to use the "University of Louisiana" name was theirs to give. Either way, the board of supervisors for the then University of Southwest Louisiana (USL) approved a change to the University of Louisiana back in the early 1980s. This was quickly blocked by pro-LSU politicians in the state legislature through enacting a law reserving the power to change the names of universities in the state for the state legislature. This is probably the biggest reason ULL supporters despise LSU as much as they do. Ever since the changes to ULL and ULM, ULL has desperately tried to shake the "Lafayette" tag off of the name both in athletics as well as the official university brand.

ull.gif

ULL.gif

All the while, ULM just sits back as little step-brother and embraces the "Monroe" tag.

louisiana-monroe-warhawks-primary-logo-3-primary.jpg

Hell, even the web addresses for the schools shows their attitudes towards the situation:

ULL: Louisiana.edu

ULM: ULM.edu

gYH2mW9.png

What school is that?

I think it's Iowa.

It's University of Southern Miss...like the original post stated

whoosh

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I remember a Pitt player tweeting about new uniforms.

Is it me or the lighting? These pants look closer to Pitt's old gold

288x162_goals2.jpg

I'd say the lighting. It looks kind of a matte too

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I remember a Pitt player tweeting about new uniforms.

Is it me or the lighting? These pants look closer to Pitt's old gold

288x162_goals2.jpg

I'd say the lighting. It looks kind of a matte too

I think it's matte too. If you look at the helmet, it doesn't look live the same gold they've been using.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I was just going to post this pick of Brandon Lindsay from Pitt commenting on the mustard-ish color Pitt seems to be wearing. This looks a heck of a lot more like 1976 than what they wore last year (and the year before for that matter). See: pitt_panthers_104390754.jpg?w=300

I was just going to post this pick of Brandon Lindsay from Pitt commenting on the mustard-ish color Pitt seems to be wearing. This looks a heck of a lot more like 1976 than what they wore last year (and the year before for that matter). See: pitt_panthers_104390754.jpg?w=300

Actually, It looks like they just matched the pants color with the helmet color. Also, is it just me, or are those numbers on the helmet?

Those are definitely numbers. At least they've had numbers on the back of the helmet for a few years now. I hope the color we see in the ESPN MAG pic are the colors we see on the field this year. Big improvement.

Archived