College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

So we've seen Arizona State's Gold helmets in action. We've seen the black helmets in action. We've also seen the previously unannounced white helmets in action.

And today, we get our first look at the maroon helmets:

281659_10150260591221854_22208101853_8091590_4169001_n.jpg

Before I had thought that it'd be interesting, and that it would look better because it is a school color. But now, I don't know. I mean these are just with the practice uniforms, but eh. They don't look like ASU. They look more like Texas A&M or Minnesota. I don't like it. The black facemask doesn't help it at all, either. I'd have to see it with the decal on it and with an actual full game uniform, (I have a horrible feeling that it's going to be all maroon helmet/jersey/pants) but for now, I don't like it one little bit.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we've seen Arizona State's Gold helmets in action. We've seen the black helmets in action. We've also seen the previously unannounced white helmets in action.

Before I had thought that it'd be interesting, and that it would look better because it is a school color. But now, I don't know. I mean these are just with the practice uniforms, but eh. They don't look like ASU. They look more like Texas A&M or Minnesota. I don't like it. The black facemask doesn't help it at all, either. I'd have to see it with the decal on it and with an actual full game uniform, (I have a horrible feeling that it's going to be all maroon helmet/jersey/pants) but for now, I don't like it one little bit.

How sure are you the maroon helmets have black facemasks? The center's facemask looks maroon. Most everyone on the team looks to have maroon facemasks. Maybe it's just my computer...?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Does anybody know when Fresno is going to unveil their new uniforms?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

How sure are you the maroon helmets have black facemasks? The center's facemask looks maroon. Most everyone on the team looks to have maroon facemasks. Maybe it's just my computer...?

Eh, looking at it again you could be right. Could be the lighting. Could be the difference in the paints. But it looks darker than the helmet, at least to me. I don't know.

Either way.

Does anybody know when Fresno is going to unveil their new uniforms?

Their coach said he's keeping them secret till the first game

Except that there is now a thread with official unveiling photos from Fresno. :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I know I created it. I was googleing it and finally found some pictures. God awful if you ask me.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Umm, okay. That's got to be one of the most pointless changes I've ever seen made to a football helmet. If they're going to tweak the striping like that, they may as well go ahead and put a logo on the side of the helmet too.

Well, they did half of the changes I wanted them to make. Triple stripe? Absolutely perfect. Helmet logo? No happening. UA is incapable of making a good uniform.

They look better than I thought they would. They weren't the real problem with that set though.

BC set unveiled fully:

198724_10150268769003877_25457243876_7956624_8009694_n_medium.jpg

228808_10150268769163877_25457243876_7956628_4730767_n_medium_medium.jpg

W(hy)TF would you mess with the helmet, Under Armour?!?!?

AWqT9uOCQAE93IL_medium.jpg

When I look just below the neck, it's actually tolerable. And I'm glad there is a white-white combo in there. But that helmet... those stripes... just horrendous.

If the pants stripes matched the helmet stripes, this would work. But now, it's disjointed. Not a BAD set by any means, but it could be a hell of a lot better.

So do they explain the "inspiration" for the design in the center stripe?

It's supposed to be a stained-glass window. They've incorporated designs like that into a lot of their new designs. Maryland has the turtle shell, Utah has a topographic map of Salt Lake City and I don't recall what Hawaii's is.

So do they explain the "inspiration" for the design in the center stripe?

It's supposed to be a stained-glass window. They've incorporated designs like that into a lot of their new designs. Maryland has the turtle shell, Utah has a topographic map of Salt Lake City and I don't recall what Hawaii's is.

Hawaii has palm trees.

BC set unveiled fully:

198724_10150268769003877_25457243876_7956624_8009694_n_medium.jpg

228808_10150268769163877_25457243876_7956628_4730767_n_medium_medium.jpg

W(hy)TF would you mess with the helmet, Under Armour?!?!?

AWqT9uOCQAE93IL_medium.jpg

When I look just below the neck, it's actually tolerable. And I'm glad there is a white-white combo in there. But that helmet... those stripes... just horrendous.

So are those numbers on the shoulders? If so they are tiny. That's bugging me.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I don't like them at all, the previous number font was great.

Also the pattern in the helmet stripe looks really bad, Under Armor is just tring to be like Nike with all these sublimated patterns. Maryland's turtle shell is the only one that looks good IMO even though their uniforms appear to be hot mess.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived