Nike 2012 NFL Re-Design

Dallasbrink

Some teams like the Seahawks, Broncos, and others unknown are using the switch as an opportunity to rebrand. Their designs will be absolutely nothing like a college Pro Combat. Nike may not even design the new uniforms, just manufacture them! Not a lot will change.

I hadn't heard anything about the Broncos rebranding, but I thought it very odd that in the offseason, Coach Fox said during a conference call with season ticket holders that you could "put it in the bank" that the Broncos would be switching to orange full time in 2012 - but from that point on, the organization hasn't even gone so far as to acknowledge that aspect of a uniform change. I personally suspect that they'll indeed go back to orange, but not the alt oranges they have in their lineup now. I thought a major uni overhaul would be in the offing. You are the first one I've read who said anything to bolster my suspicion, though.

i dont know if its because im just used to seeing the orange jersey as an alternate, but i dont think itll look right, compared to the actual orange jerseys that they used years ago

spacer.png

spacer.png

i dont know if its because im just used to seeing the orange jersey as an alternate, but i dont think itll look right, compared to the actual orange jerseys that they used years ago

I'm pretty sure the orange after the 1997 redesign and the orange they used to wear with the D logo and the royal blue are different. If I remember right the old orange was darker - ColorWerx can correct me if I'm wrong.

At any rate, if the Broncos are going to do an overhaul, it has not been mentioned anywhere out here in Colorado or anywhere else I can hunt down on the interwebs.

I'm pretty sure the orange after the 1997 redesign and the orange they used to wear with the D logo and the royal blue are different. If I remember right the old orange was darker - ColorWerx can correct me if I'm wrong.

At any rate, if the Broncos are going to do an overhaul, it has not been mentioned anywhere out here in Colorado or anywhere else I can hunt down on the interwebs.

I haven't heard anything about an overhaul of the Broncos uniform in 2012 other than their primary home jersey will be orange.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Some teams like the Seahawks, Broncos, and others unknown are using the switch as an opportunity to rebrand. Their designs will be absolutely nothing like a college Pro Combat. Nike may not even design the new uniforms, just manufacture them! Not a lot will change.

Is this based on anything, or is it just your opinion?

The Seahawks will be making changes, as will the Broncos to their uniforms. Nike has said they will make extensive changes to the jersey cuts themselves, but not to styles. Th r NFL has such strict rules, they couldn't really change anything without the NFL signing on.

I'd love to see the Falcons make some changes. Uniforms inspired by the logo, with a black jersey and ref helmet would be perfect.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The Seahawks will be making changes, as will the Broncos to their uniforms. Nike has said they will make extensive changes to the jersey cuts themselves, but not to styles. Th r NFL has such strict rules, they couldn't really change anything without the NFL signing on.

I'd love to see the Falcons make some changes. Uniforms inspired by the logo, with a black jersey and ref helmet would be perfect.

Where did you hear that about the Broncos? All I've heard is that they are going back to orange, but the overall uniform is staying the same. Please provide a link.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Please provide a link or something to support your claim that the Seahawks and Broncos are making changes or "rebranding". Considering you're not an insider who we all know "knows things", you should give a link to a source if you're stating something like this as fact.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All I remember about the Seahawks was some twitter thing from someone with the team saying that they were considering some changes. My apologies if I'm incorrect, but I don't recall anything that stated that they or the Broncos were going to rebrand. I'm not saying that they're not, but I don't remember any team announcing yet that they are for 2012.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We've had an earlier link to the Seahawks rebrand - just not the Broncos.

Well even that is suspect. I believe all we've really heard is that Pete Caroll went on record saying the Seahawks will have new uniforms under Nike, but who's to say Petey will even be with the 'Hawks in 2012, regardless of his current contract?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

It was the Seahawks' team president, and he basically said they were keeping all options open.

“It’s an exciting time,” McLoughlin said during an interview on Sports Radio 950 KJR in Seattle. “There will be no changes for ’11, for the upcoming season. 2011 is the final year for the Reebok deal with the NFL, and starting in 2012 we’re going to be going with a Nike jersey and a Nike design.”

“We’re looking at all kinds of new designs, and new kinds of jerseys, and we’re talking about a throwback for sure,” McLoughlin added.

McLoughlin later clarified that fans should not expect a new logo or an entirely new color scheme, but that the Seahawks are still working with Nike to see “what it’s all going to look like.”

It was the Seahawks' team president, and he basically said they were keeping all options open.

?It?s an exciting time,? McLoughlin said during an interview on Sports Radio 950 KJR in Seattle. ?There will be no changes for ?11, for the upcoming season. 2011 is the final year for the Reebok deal with the NFL, and starting in 2012 we?re going to be going with a Nike jersey and a Nike design.?

?We?re looking at all kinds of new designs, and new kinds of jerseys, and we?re talking about a throwback for sure,? McLoughlin added.

McLoughlin later clarified that fans should not expect a new logo or an entirely new color scheme, but that the Seahawks are still working with Nike to see ?what it?s all going to look like.?

Good catch, Goth. Not sure why I thought it was Pete.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The Jaguars equipment manager said on Twitter that all NFL teams would be going to the Pro Combat uniform template, but the uniforms would stay the same unless a team decided to change. He said the only change to the Jags uniforms will be that Nike is fixing the striping inconsistencies on the jerseys.

Exact quote:

JagsEquipment Drew Hampton

RT @TSHARE18: @JagsEquipment does nike plan on changing the uniforms at all? The only changes will be the cut, design and materials used.

12 Aug

Drew Hampton on Twitter

It's true they are going to the Pro Combat jersey in the same way MLB went to COOLBASE, but we need to make sure people understand that the material/tailoring change is not a wholesale redesign. Otherwise we get the Goofy Redesign Rumor picking up steam again, and we shoudln't be in the business of knowingly spreading falsehoods.

Hey Im T.SHARE 18. i tried to get him to send pics o the teal pants never worn. I bug him all the time about the uniforms.

The Jaguars equipment manager said on Twitter that all NFL teams would be going to the Pro Combat uniform template, but the uniforms would stay the same unless a team decided to change. He said the only change to the Jags uniforms will be that Nike is fixing the striping inconsistencies on the jerseys.

Exact quote:

JagsEquipment Drew Hampton

RT @TSHARE18: @JagsEquipment does nike plan on changing the uniforms at all? The only changes will be the cut, design and materials used.

12 Aug

Drew Hampton on Twitter

It's true they are going to the Pro Combat jersey in the same way MLB went to COOLBASE, but we need to make sure people understand that the material/tailoring change is not a wholesale redesign. Otherwise we get the Goofy Redesign Rumor picking up steam again, and we shoudln't be in the business of knowingly spreading falsehoods.

Hey Im T.SHARE 18. i tried to get him to send pics o the teal pants never worn. I bug him all the time about the uniforms.

Well if you wrote to him like that, then I can't imagine why he wouldn't oblige.

haha nah im on my phone and just like to check the boards and seen you guys talking about my tweet. There were a few more tweets he pretty much said they have worked with nike to get the stripe design right,and the way the stripes are now bother him too.

Nike may not even be manufacturing them. You'd be surprised how much stuff (in every industry) is subcontracted out to be manufactured. It would be a major shame if Nike moved the production of on-field NFL jersey overseas, though.

Honestly, I don't see how they're going to fit everyone's jersey style onto the Speed Machine template as is. Either they will be creating a few templates to accommodate everyone, or they will be convincing the teams that don't fit the template to redesign, which may or may not be a shame, given how many hideously ugly NFL uniforms there are. I mean, how does a uniform like the Patriots' or Cardinals fit in the Pro Combat/Speed Machine template? There are problems to be solved.

To me, that's the biggest problem with Nike's template. It's not versatile enough.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nike may not even be manufacturing them. You'd be surprised how much stuff (in every industry) is subcontracted out to be manufactured. It would be a major shame if Nike moved the production of on-field NFL jersey overseas, though.

Honestly, I don't see how they're going to fit everyone's jersey style onto the Speed Machine template as is. Either they will be creating a few templates to accommodate everyone, or they will be convincing the teams that don't fit the template to redesign, which may or may not be a shame, given how many hideously ugly NFL uniforms there are. I mean, how does a uniform like the Patriots' or Cardinals fit in the Pro Combat/Speed Machine template? There are problems to be solved.

To me, that's the biggest problem with Nike's template. It's not versatile enough.

Exactly! That's why I hate it so much when using your template. It doesn't have undersleeve coloring, the pant stripes aren't meant to go the full length, and the shoulders make something like the Titans look silly! Will that be the template used though? I thought I remembered you saying something about a new template we haven't seen yet.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived