Nike 2012 NFL Re-Design

Dallasbrink

There was a stir a while back when someone put up some well made Nike Pro Combat NFL jersey designs that Nike quickly shot down but said that we can expect to see the same style of re-design like what we have seen with their TCU, Boise State and Mizzou Pro Combat jerseys just to name a few.

What I wanna know is should they do every team or should some teams classic designs (Raiders, Stealers, Colts) stay as they are? And how do we think they should look?

PS: Sorry if this thread has already been started. I never saw it.

Dallasbrink.png

Please provide a link or provide some other evidence that the statement you referenced was ever actually made.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought this got shot down for being the urban legend it is. Didn't Lukas even address this last week in his Uni Urban Legend column? There isn't going to be a league-wide redesign, and it's a rumor that won't die because not everyone knows it's an urban legend.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Jaguars equipment manager said on Twitter that all NFL teams would be going to the Pro Combat uniform template, but the uniforms would stay the same unless a team decided to change. He said the only change to the Jags uniforms will be that Nike is fixing the striping inconsistencies on the jerseys.

That oughtta be interesting to see...the Jaguars' "swooshes" (I won't even call them stripes) as they are now don't even fit into the PCSoD uniform template. Unless Nike plans on outfitting the Jags in a template more in line with, say, Tulsa or Central Florida, them swooshes ain't gon work.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Jaguars equipment manager said on Twitter that all NFL teams would be going to the Pro Combat uniform template, but the uniforms would stay the same unless a team decided to change. He said the only change to the Jags uniforms will be that Nike is fixing the striping inconsistencies on the jerseys.

Exact quote:

JagsEquipment Drew Hampton

RT @TSHARE18: @JagsEquipment does nike plan on changing the uniforms at all? The only changes will be the cut, design and materials used.

12 Aug

Drew Hampton on Twitter

It's true they are going to the Pro Combat jersey in the same way MLB went to COOLBASE, but we need to make sure people understand that the material/tailoring change is not a wholesale redesign. Otherwise we get the Goofy Redesign Rumor picking up steam again, and we shoudln't be in the business of knowingly spreading falsehoods.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

If only Jacksonville would allow Nike to completely overhaul that hideous Jags uni's. They went from one of the best in the league for years to clearly one of the worst (now that the Bills have changed).

They went to a modern classic (though the switch to black numbers was a downgrade) to one of the very worst sets to (now that the Bills have changed) IMO the very worst set in the entire league. I mean there's downgrades, and then there's "Jagging it up". They could have kept their previous set for the next 20 years, and now they have something that already requires an overhaul.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If only Jacksonville would allow Nike to completely overhaul that hideous Jags uni's. They went from one of the best in the league for years to clearly one of the worst (now that the Bills have changed).

They went to a modern classic (though the switch to black numbers was a downgrade) to one of the very worst sets to (now that the Bills have changed) IMO the very worst set in the entire league. I mean there's downgrades, and then there's "Jagging it up". They could have kept their previous set for the next 20 years, and now they have something that already requires an overhaul.

"Jagging it up." I hope that catches on. Like "pulling a Glendale."

My favourite part about the absolute train wreck that is the Jaguars' current uniforms is how quickly they became outdated. They were designed just as Reebok was really starting to push their new form fitting jerseys. And the striping pattern didn't even conform that new jersey. Well played Jacksonville. It's the only striping pattern I know of to have become obsolete the moment it was designed.

That, and the teal flaked black helmets look like standard black helmets 99% of the time.

Exact quote:

JagsEquipment Drew Hampton

RT @TSHARE18: @JagsEquipment does nike plan on changing the uniforms at all? The only changes will be the cut, design and materials used.

12 Aug

Drew Hampton on Twitter

It's true they are going to the Pro Combat jersey in the same way MLB went to COOLBASE, but we need to make sure people understand that the material/tailoring change is not a wholesale redesign. Otherwise we get the Goofy Redesign Rumor picking up steam again, and we shoudln't be in the business of knowingly spreading falsehoods.

I found some other tweets of his and they're going to be Speed Machine uniforms, not Pro Combat. My bad.

Here's some other tweets where he discusses the new Nike uniforms:

https://www.twitter.com/#!/JagsEquipment/status/101942453313089537

https://www.twitter.com/#!/JagsEquipment/status/102157203032645632

https://www.twitter.com/#!/JagsEquipment/status/102141646812090368

Some teams like the Seahawks, Broncos, and others unknown are using the switch as an opportunity to rebrand. Their designs will be absolutely nothing like a college Pro Combat. Nike may not even design the new uniforms, just manufacture them! Not a lot will change.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Some teams like the Seahawks, Broncos, and others unknown are using the switch as an opportunity to rebrand. Their designs will be absolutely nothing like a college Pro Combat. Nike may not even design the new uniforms, just manufacture them! Not a lot will change.

I hadn't heard anything about the Broncos rebranding, but I thought it very odd that in the offseason, Coach Fox said during a conference call with season ticket holders that you could "put it in the bank" that the Broncos would be switching to orange full time in 2012 - but from that point on, the organization hasn't even gone so far as to acknowledge that aspect of a uniform change. I personally suspect that they'll indeed go back to orange, but not the alt oranges they have in their lineup now. I thought a major uni overhaul would be in the offing. You are the first one I've read who said anything to bolster my suspicion, though.

I think it's safe to assume that some teams will get new uni's. But the majority will see no change.

It'll be like the Red Wings with the Edge jerseys. They'll move to the new template but the designs themselves won't change. Thank God.

Is this based on anything, or is it just your opinion?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Would not be surprised if the Falcons made subtle changes.

And I would be so thankful for that. Never been a fan of our paint by section uniforms now. They need to either go the route of our current throwbacks, or maybe a modern interpretation of them. Those are just fantastic. Not particularly interested in our 90s unis. A little bland for my taste.

Archived