Eagles Black Alternate

MC2

So...the Eagles still wear the black jerseys?

No black Jersey or Throwbacks for the Birds this season. you can read about it here

http://www.crossingb...his-season.html

This is contrary to what I've heard. I don't know anything about the "official Eagles Insider" twitter account, but I can swear I read somewhere that they were wearing them once this year. In the past, they've worn them around Halloween or Thanksgiving, so my guess would either be 10/30 vs Dallas, or 11/27 vs NE. Also, I work for the team and have spoken to merchandising people who claim that it's an official alt for 2011, though I'll concede that doesn't confirm that it'll actually see the light of day (or artificial lights) on the field.

I was originally under this impression too, Vet.

Same here. I know I read someplace they were going to wear them but now I don't know.

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

It's in the 2011 style guide, so it's officially still in the set.

Yet you claim that the 49ers have a set of White pants, which aren't included in the 2011 Style Guide set.

(I be confused and stuff and junk.)

That is me. And yes, they exist.

OK...I guess they're in the same lot as the Seahawks' Bright Green alt jerseys and Dark Navy pants - neither of which were ever included in the Style Guide...

No black Jersey or Throwbacks for the Birds this season. you can read about it here

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/09/eagles-no-black-alternates-or-throwbacks-this-season.html

Yep, dumb move too. As much as I hate that black alternate, it's still their current 3rd uni and what's the point of having one if you don't wear it.

The Bucs had a black third for years that never made it to the field.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Yep, dumb move too. As much as I hate that black alternate, it's still their current 3rd uni and what's the point of having one if you don't wear it.

You mean the fashion jerseys?

Black alt jerseys for the Bucs were never included in any official guides.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/09/eagles-no-black-alternates-or-throwbacks-this-season.html

Yep. I always forget about that one. The $300 authentic version looked nice. I tried my hardest to get one from my friend back in the day, but he shot that one down pretty quick.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

They eventually went on to sell the black version as a fashion jersey, but originally, both the Bucs and Chiefs were given black alternate jerseys from Reebok. I've never seen the pro-cut version, but I saw the retail authentic for both. The Dolphins also originally had a navy blue alternate before settling for the coral orange one. Even more interesting, the Cardinals were all set to reveal a blue alternate jersey a few years before they made that drastic uniform change. The only ones I never saw a retail authentic for was the Rams and Packers gold fashion versions....thank god.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Black alt jerseys for the Bucs were never included in any official guides.

My bad then. I thought I had read somewhere that they were registered with the league as an alternate, but I guess not. I'm not a huge fan of black jerseys, but they did look nice. I have a John Lynch black jersey, but it's kinda small now, since I think I was 13 when I got it.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Have the Niners had white pants in the Style Guide since they brought their real uniforms back?

What do you mean "since they brought their real uniforms back"? When did they wear fake uniforms?

Interestingly, neither shades of the Red and Gold were used in the "real" uniforms...in fact, the current shade of Red had never been used - at least officially.

Have the Niners had white pants in the Style Guide since they brought their real uniforms back?

What do you mean "since they brought their real uniforms back"? When did they wear fake uniforms?

Was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I meant that I never really thought their 1996-2008 uniforms worked well.

The Niners need their red/white/red Braisher stripes to look like the Niners.

Archived