Moneyball

sonny

Just got back from watching Moneyball tonight with the wife. Good movie, but the most striking aspect of the film was the accuracy of the uniforms. From how they were worn to the little details that make up elements of the uniform. For example, the teams had grey underbills on their caps, teams like Minnesota had nameplates, the Royals rocked their sleeveless vests eighths black sleeves. It was a real treat to see the apparent effort of the directors and producers. Kudos!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonah Hill's wearing an A's hat that has a black underbrim at one point in the movie, but other than that (and one small part where Brad Pitt wore a jacket with the current Reebok wordmark on it) the film was certainly accurate. I like how they used an 80s Mets road jersey as well instead of just copping out and using a current one.

330zl3b.png

There were some innacuracies with figurines. The bobbleheads/McFarlanes in Art Howe's office were from various eras. They had a Catfish Hunter bobblehead given away in July 02 (the scene they had was before that time). They had a Dick Williams bobblehead from 08 and two McFarlanes made a couple years ago.

Other than that, the movie was pretty accurate in terms of uniform. I was an extra for the movie and I was really surprised at the accuracy of both the A's and Royals unis. The A's logo on the batting helmets were the updated ones for this year, not the old ones from the past though.

Go A's!

When I was at the filming, the jerseys looked kinda cheap in person. Jerseys werent as baggy as they are now but seemed a lil too tight on the pants. Was impressed how they changed the stadium to the sponsors back in the day on outfield wall and had ana and mon on the out of town scoreboard. Havent seen the movie yet but wondering if they fixed the scene with Hatterberg hitting the home run. The preview on tv they forgot to fill in the right side of the stadium and the scoreboard was off. Which I found weird cause whe they shot that scene the night I was there they had the scoreboard on and kept reverting back in the count after every take.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

^ to my recollection, the only part of that I think was historically inaccurate was that there was a CSN Bay Area sponsor on the scoreboard.

Bay Area? you mean California? cause that;s what their on now.

here is the wall in 2002

4483019112_0d629ca0dc.jpg

I know they had the white script in the promo pictures but those were done later after the coliseum was converted back to current day.

Ok here is the preview where they forgot to fill in the right side of stadium. You will also notice scoreboard and diamond vision are off. Haven't seen movie yet to see if they fixed it. My comment was the top comment on youtube for awhile about it. In one later preview it looked like they may have used a shot that was zoomed in a bit more to cut off scoreboard and right side.

On the wall they correctly had added old sponsors, the old fsn sponsor was there (but new CSN on scoreboard), they brought back the American flag but looks like they left the new white athletics script.

6176810105_3cd60d84a6_z.jpg

haven't seen it yet either...but from what I've read and heard so far it seems like the most inaccurate part of the film is the fact that it seems to ignore the fact that the team had some big name players on it that helped lead it to 100+ wins. There's a great article on ESPN.com that talks about the selective editing of real life in the story to make it seem more like a modern day Hoosiers story. Either way, I still think I'll see it and probably be able to enjoy it.

Archived