Moneyball

sonny

haven't seen it yet either...but from what I've read and heard so far it seems like the most inaccurate part of the film is the fact that it seems to ignore the fact that the team had some big name players on it that helped lead it to 100+ wins. There's a great article on ESPN.com that talks about the selective editing of real life in the story to make it seem more like a modern day Hoosiers story. Either way, I still think I'll see it and probably be able to enjoy it.

Well, similar to the book, the focus was on getting the unknown players to the team. I wouldn't call that inaccurate, rather very accurate to the book. I was too disappointed that there was little mention of Dye, Tejada and the Big Three... but the story doesn't focus on that, so it's OK the way I see it.

Go A's!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that really stuck out to me was the portion when Billy Bean fired his head of scouting.

I don't recall that part being in the book, but maybe I just forgot.

Otherwise I really enjoyed it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

One thing that really stuck out to me was the portion when Billy Bean fired his head of scouting.

That specific scene wasn't in the book and it didn't happen like that in real life. That scene was all Hollywood

Go A's!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I noticed in one of the commercials, that the name Network Associates Coliseum behind home plate. From what I heard in the comments above, they have done a lot of accurate changes, but are missing a few big things. I'm happy that they at least gave an effort.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Another non-uniform point, but the song "The Show" that Billy Beane's daughter sings to him was released in 2008.

No, actually she wrote that song in 2001 then the rights were bought from her in 07 it was recorded and released in 08. :P

Also the jackets were the biggest error in the movie, uniform wise. And the Nike pro combat undershirts, they were similar back then but different.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Ok here is the preview where they forgot to fill in the right side of stadium. You will also notice scoreboard and diamond vision are off. Haven't seen movie yet to see if they fixed it. My comment was the top comment on youtube for awhile about it. In one later preview it looked like they may have used a shot that was zoomed in a bit more to cut off scoreboard and right side.

On the wall they correctly had added old sponsors, the old fsn sponsor was there (but new CSN on scoreboard), they brought back the American flag but looks like they left the new white athletics script.

6176810105_3cd60d84a6_z.jpg

Saw the movie for the third time and while watching it, I kept this post in mind.

In the movie, the stands are filled and the scoreboard is lit up, so the trailer screen shot is different from what you actually see in the film.

Go A's!

That specific scene wasn't in the book and it didn't happen like that in real life. That scene was all Hollywood

Thought so. Thanks for confirming I haven't gone crazy :)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I saw the movie twice and I didn't pay attention to that. You got the CSN sign and the Xfinity sign, and the new Pepsi logo, which are historically inaccurate.

I guess I'll make note of it when I see it again this Sunday.

should it have been a sportschannel sign or am I dating myself?

I saw the movie twice and I didn't pay attention to that. You got the CSN sign and the Xfinity sign, and the new Pepsi logo, which are historically inaccurate.

I guess I'll make note of it when I see it again this Sunday.

should it have been a sportschannel sign or am I dating myself?

Well, here is one photo from 2002 that might help

4482369499_91696b426d.jpg

Another non-uniform point, but the song "The Show" that Billy Beane's daughter sings to him was released in 2008.

No, actually she wrote that song in 2001 then the rights were bought from her in 07 it was recorded and released in 08. :P

source?

Wikipedia doesn't have it, and that's the most reliable source out there. Well, it's not a big deal since it's a movie, not a documentary.

Go A's!

Ok here is the preview where they forgot to fill in the right side of stadium. You will also notice scoreboard and diamond vision are off. Haven't seen movie yet to see if they fixed it. My comment was the top comment on youtube for awhile about it. In one later preview it looked like they may have used a shot that was zoomed in a bit more to cut off scoreboard and right side.

On the wall they correctly had added old sponsors, the old fsn sponsor was there (but new CSN on scoreboard), they brought back the American flag but looks like they left the new white athletics script.

6176810105_3cd60d84a6_z.jpg

Saw the movie for the third time and while watching it, I kept this post in mind.

In the movie, the stands are filled and the scoreboard is lit up, so the trailer screen shot is different from what you actually see in the film.

Glad to hear it. Bothered me everytime I saw the preview. That's why I was glad my comment about it was the top rated comment on the YouTube official trailer for so long, hoping it would get noticed and fixed.

Also went to the shooting of Angels in the Outfield, which was also filmed at the coliseum. Everytime I watch it the lil mistakes stand out. There supposed to be in Anaheim but they forgot to cover up the tarp which in big letters says Oakland Alameda County Coliseum. After the final play of the game with the error filled play, the crowd behind them is missing. Guess everyone wanted to beat traffic, ha. they switch from an Anaheim real game shot to the coliseum fake home and the light tower goes from on the stadium to in the air in 5 secs.

But was trippy going to the coliseum back then and it was transformed in all red and blue for the angels. Even the lil logo on the tv sponsor that said home of the a's had an angels logo over it. I was a kid back then and none of my Friends believed I was in it. So I told them how the movie ended. Ha.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Archived