Moneyball

sonny

Ok here is the preview where they forgot to fill in the right side of stadium. You will also notice scoreboard and diamond vision are off. Haven't seen movie yet to see if they fixed it. My comment was the top comment on youtube for awhile about it. In one later preview it looked like they may have used a shot that was zoomed in a bit more to cut off scoreboard and right side.

On the wall they correctly had added old sponsors, the old fsn sponsor was there (but new CSN on scoreboard), they brought back the American flag but looks like they left the new white athletics script.

6176810105_3cd60d84a6_z.jpg

Saw the movie for the third time and while watching it, I kept this post in mind.

In the movie, the stands are filled and the scoreboard is lit up, so the trailer screen shot is different from what you actually see in the film.

So we can add A's having fans that show up as another mistake.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here is the preview where they forgot to fill in the right side of stadium. You will also notice scoreboard and diamond vision are off. Haven't seen movie yet to see if they fixed it. My comment was the top comment on youtube for awhile about it. In one later preview it looked like they may have used a shot that was zoomed in a bit more to cut off scoreboard and right side.

On the wall they correctly had added old sponsors, the old fsn sponsor was there (but new CSN on scoreboard), they brought back the American flag but looks like they left the new white athletics script.

Saw the movie for the third time and while watching it, I kept this post in mind.

In the movie, the stands are filled and the scoreboard is lit up, so the trailer screen shot is different from what you actually see in the film.

Nice try. Those games during the streak were sold out.

Go A's!

Nice try. Those games during the streak were sold out.

That is true. Notice also that the Bud Light ad in the movie picture doesn't match up with the real photo, although there is a Bud Light ad in LF.

game09040200.jpg

Tf9TG.jpg

Picture of the scoreboard from the game against KC, same game as the above picture I believe:

game09040203.jpg

Yep looks like the right game.

"WHATCH THE A's GO 4 20" ummm yea, don't go to a sign maker that can't spell or has spell check. Guess thinking they were funny for sneaking 420 in there explains it.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Anyone think it was weird that Barry Zito didn't even get mentioned in the movie? And Tejada was only mentioned verryyy briefly. They were the Cy Young winner and MVP respectively, so its not like the A's got that far just because Beane's ballsy off season additions. It kinda seemed like the movie conveniently left those details out to make it seem like Beane developed this rag tag group of scrubs, like a real life Little Giants. That being said, I thought it was a great movie. I just thought that was interesting.

90758391980.gif

It was a good movie and I loved that they used the Oakland Coloseum although couple scene was @ Dodger Stadium.

It was supposed to be. That was from when Beane was with the Mets.

On thing that did bug me was the scene at Fenway. Not only were the 2004/2007 championship banners in plain sight (trust me, that would have been incredibly easy to remove), but the park was clearly the Fenway of 2010, not 2002.

Anubis.png

It was a good movie and I loved that they used the Oakland Coloseum although couple scene was @ Dodger Stadium.

On thing that did bug me was the scene at Fenway. Not only were the 2004/2007 championship banners in plain sight (trust me, that would have been incredibly easy to remove), but the park was clearly the Fenway of 2010, not 2002.

Yeah, I too was mad that they did not un-renovate Fenway to make it look like the 2002 version of the park.

That's true but there was a scene when Bradford was pitching I think they used Dodgers Stadium and I'm with you on Fenway.

Picture of the scoreboard from the game against KC, same game as the above picture I believe:

game09040203.jpg

Yep looks like the right game.

"WHATCH THE A's GO 4 20" ummm yea, don't go to a sign maker that can't spell or has spell check. Guess thinking they were funny for sneaking 420 in there explains it.

The "MVP" part is in Comic Sans :mad:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

This thread is hilarious.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I'm mostly amazed that people actually still go to movie theaters to see movies.

I usually wait until they come out on disc.

:P

No biggie if the movies are free screenings and you know a guy that works in a theater. Saving money and finding cheaper alternatives... now that's real Moneyball right there

Go A's!

Archived