MY City Multi-Sport Contest

AnythingChicago

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm interesting...

If there is another spot that opens up for baseball or you can somehow get a basketball concept done for the Sonics or Seattle U by tomorrow, you can be a part of this.

I really apologize for this whole thing. I should have read your application more carefully so I could let you know that we're on basketball. But, hey, you might as well post your Rainers concept in its own thread the concept section.

25yzwqg.png

ROUND 3 - BASKETBALL

1. Towson Tigers (AnythingChicago)

2. Miami Heat (DolphinManatee)

3. Eastern Michigan Eagles (drdougfresh)

From the designer: I wanted to keep EMU simple and clean. I went with basic uniforms for them, with the biggest changes coming in the addition of a black alt (actually a school color, it's in the logo prominently anyway), a customized typeface, and an updated, "cleaner" Swoop (mascot). Nothing over-the-top, just a clean look.

4. Michigan State Spartans (Griffinmarlins)

5. Los Angeles Lakers (Fox)

From the designer: I got the idea for a stripe and circle for the uniforms number about a week ago and have been eager to use it. While I was originally supposed to make a Clippers concept, it didn't look very good for them and I decided that it would work better with the scripts of the Lakers. At first, I tried to include yellow as well. However, compared to only purple and white, all of the looks that included yellow looked far inferior. While the Lakers in purple and white and this striping pattern is very unrealistic, I though it looked great as a concept. Try to think of them as an expansion team. The logo on top is an update of their classic, yet dated primary logo. Enjoy!

6. South Florida Bulls (mbannon92)

7. Maryland Terrapins (Moseph)

From the designer: It might be hard to tell, but the collars on the home and away jerseys and the entire alternate set have a turtle shell pattern. Also, I didn't get the stripes mixed up on the shorts, I reversed them to resemble the Maryland flag.

8. Denver Nuggets (rsaline) Logos; home; away; alt

9. Pittsburgh Prowlers (SFGiants58)

10. Brooklyn Knights (Silent Wind of Doom)

Good luck to all.

25yzwqg.png

I'll put in my C&C:

Heat: I really like this. You minimized black, and used some vibrant Miami yellow at home à la the Lakers. Very nice.

EMU Eagles: It's a good, simple look. I like it a whole bunch, but it may not be quite enough to dominate in a contest like this.

MSU Spartans: It's a good idea, but it needs something, like a pant design or some logos or something to occupy all that empty space.

Lakers: I really like how you took a different approach with this. I could definitely see something similar being used as an alt.

USF Bulls: Good update on a good USF look. I especially like the gold alt.

UMD Terps: I really like the shell and flag pattern. I think it would have been one of the top concepts voting wise if it were a little bit cleaner presentation wise.

Nuggets: As seen in the voting, this is very, very good. I love the olde style font; it really matches the Denver Nuggets gold miner theme. Bravo.

BKLYN Knights: I feel like this could have been really cool, but the presentation needs some work. The uniforms are barely visible, and pixelated as well.

25yzwqg.png

Here are my thoughts:

Towson: Solid, the word mark is great. At least we know they'll look good losing with this! My one nitpick is that the stripes on the shorts of the away jersey are hardly visible. I think black would look better.

Heat: I like the Yellow jersey, but I don't like it as a home jersey. But the red jersey is by far the best IMO because of how those black numbers pop.

EMU: Very clean, looks great, but it needs something more. It's almost too simple, especially with what colleges are doing these days.

MSU: I didn't like how the silver numbers showed up. The side panel is alright, but it needs something to give it dimension, maybe add a logo or something. But I do like the font you used.

Lakers: I agree with AnythingChicago, this look would do well as an alt. I think if you wanted to improve it, adding yellow back into the color scheme would help a lot.

USF: Solid. Excellent work. Love the side insert.

Maryland: Looks good. Once you get past the presentation, I really like this. Looks so much better on basketball jerseys than football. The sublimated turtle shell on the alt looks good, but I think you could add some pattern to the side to help it out.

Prowlers: This was pretty good, the numbers and word mark were too low on the front of the jerseys. The word mark itself looked too plain. But the design on the side really works for the Prowlers

Knights: Jerseys are hard to see, but I like where you are going. I think that if I would have been nice to see what pattern is on the side, because it looks like a sword of some sort.

Knights: Jerseys are hard to see, but I like where you are going. I think that if I would have been nice to see what pattern is on the side, because it looks like a sword of some sort.

No pattern. Just a red panel. It's based on the Nets' current uniforms, which feature a lot of different-colored lines next to each other, and it's tough to fit in a small space. Sorry for the problems with the uniforms. Basketball is actually the one sport I didn't have a pre-established and refined-over-the-years template for. I just kinda pulled something out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great job once again to all of you guys. There were a couple of comments about my presentation, can you guys tell me what you would have done differently to help me out on future projects?

The logos, script, and side paneling are just kind of stretched and pixely. It's just a matter of how you re-sized them.

25yzwqg.png

Alrighty, I'm suspending this now. Final basketball vote totals:

1. South Florida Bulls (mbannon92) (6 votes [20.00%])

2. Denver Nuggets (rsaline) (6 votes [20.00%])

3. Michigan State Spartans (Griffinmarlins) (4 votes [13.33%])

4. Eastern Michigan Eagles (drdougfresh) (3 votes [10.00%])

5. Maryland Terrapins (Moseph) (3 votes [10.00%])

6. Towson Tigers (AnythingChicago) (2 votes [6.67%])

7. Pittsburgh Prowlers (SFGiants58) (2 votes [6.67%])

8. Miami Heat (DolphinManatee) (2 votes [6.67%])

9. Los Angeles Lakers (Fox) (1 votes [3.33%])

10. Brooklyn Knights (Silent Wind of Doom) (1 votes [3.33%])

Congratulations to mbannon92 and rsaline for leading the field with 6 votes apiece. So it will come down to the football round to decide the champ.

25yzwqg.png

9 days remaining to the deadline. I have 4 concepts, so I am still in need of 6 more. Remember, if you do not send in your concept by the 23rd, any board member will have the opportunity to scoop up your spot and participate in the final round.

25yzwqg.png

Archived