MY City Multi-Sport Contest

AnythingChicago

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the deadline has really creeped up on us, hasn't it? I believe I have 4 concepts, and it'll be 5 when I complete mine sometime today or tomorrow; I'm working on it at this very minute. So for the 5 of you who I am still in need of a concept from, you have until Wednesday night.

But, obviously, I'll have to extend the deadline a little bit. But it won't be too many more days, so let's get crackin'!

25yzwqg.png

I have just finished mine, so make that 5 out of the 10 concepts I need. I still need concepts from:

• drdougfresh Thanks, Dr.
  • rsaline Got it.
  • Silent Wind of Doom
  • Chapeeko
  • Fox Just got Fox's. Still waiting on the other 4.

I'll extend the deadline to Sunday January 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST. But no later; my original goal was to get the football round started by Super Bowl Sunday.

25yzwqg.png

I have contacted the four of you via PM. Potential replacement contestants: post here with your proposed basketball and football teams here if you are interested. Obviously, I can only give you a spot if one of the four listed above fails to turn their concept in by Saturday night.

25yzwqg.png

Alright, I have a concept from drdoug, and I have confirmation from rsaline that he will have his in on time. As for Chapeeko and The Silent Wind of Doom, I would like to alert you that I do have a replacement owner ready, so if you're concept is not sent in sometime today or tomorrow, you're out.

25yzwqg.png

No, you can be in. Just let me know what teams you are doing for basketball and football.

So here's the deal: The Silent Wind of Doom and Chapeeko have been exempted of their spot in the contest. I have 3 potential replacement participants: capitalcanuck (via PM), chrisCLEMENT, and maybe DolphinManatee. The first two of these members will receive the forfeited spots. I'll set the deadline for Wednesday February 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST for you three. We need to get this going.

25yzwqg.png

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I really need to get this thing started, so the next two living beings to send me some interpretation of a basketball concept gets the spots. But if they are not one of the two who applied or the two who were in the contest to begin with, they need to send their intended football team along with it.

25yzwqg.png

I have just received a concept from Silent Wind of Doom. But to be fair to the two new guys, Silent Wind only gets the spot if either or both of them fail to turn in their concepts by Wednesday.

So, in principle, the contest will start on Thursday with, at the very least, nine contestants.

25yzwqg.png

Yeah. Sorry about that. I'd spent my time during the Hockey voting perfecting my Football entry, thinking it was next. Then when I found out it was basketball I started working on fleshing out my paltry basketball entry (I'd done all my entries before the contest started, but, thinking the uniforms were the only real focus, had made them all with really tiny logos like I'd done my baseball entry). Then when I finally put it all together Paint crashed, so I lost everything, and didn't want to deal with it at the moment. When I got your message I redid the entry and was going to upload it after the really busy weekend. I got home at midnight last night, crashed, and woke up in the afternoon to find this.

Sorry for all the trouble, AC. I didn't mean this to happen. You know I'm usually one of the first to get my entry in.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived