Is 2011 the worst year in the history of sports?

NJTank

This year in sports is great, there's a possibility of no NBA season.

Why would you be happy about that, just because you don't like the nba? If so that's rediculous, you realize you don't have to watch games don't you?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just look at some of the horrible things that have marred this year.

NFL Lockout almost disrupts season.

Dan Whealdon death

Lokamotive Crash

Penn State Sex Scandal

Possible loss of the 2011/12 NBA Season.

NHL Enforcer Deaths.

Ohio State Scandal

You kidding me? It's the best news ive ever heard!

The Thrashers moving. I'm surprised you didn't add that.

The thrashers moving to Winnipeg was ultimately one of the best things to happen in sports this year. They moved to a city that truly appreciated hockey, and had been robbed of their previous team. Sure Atlanta was robbed of the thrashers, but the team had no future there. It was only a matter of time.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the thrashers never had a chance because they never had a good owner to guide them in the right direction. They were like a kid born a vegetable.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Dan Whealdon death

Lokamotive Crash

Penn State Sex Scandal

NHL Enforcer Deaths.

Ohio State Scandal

The thrashers moving to Winnipeg was ultimately one of the best things to happen in sports this year. They moved to a city that truly appreciated hockey, and had been robbed of their previous team. Sure Atlanta was robbed of the thrashers, but the team had no future there. It was only a matter of time.

Don't take this the wrong way, but the thrashers never had a chance because they never had a good owner to guide them in the right direction. They were like a kid born a vegetable.

Yep. And it's a damn shame too.

Dan Whealdon death

Lokamotive Crash

Penn State Sex Scandal

NHL Enforcer Deaths.

Ohio State Scandal

Now you know how we (Vancouver) felt after losing the grizzlies. :censored: happens, you just have to deal with it and move on.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I think in terms of bad off the field incidents, etc., Tank is just about right. A great World Series and good on-field events is not really what he was talking about...

So many scandals, deaths, tragedies, etc...this has been a rough year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think in terms of bad off the field incidents, etc., Tank is just about right. A great World Series and good on-field events is not really what he was talking about...

Sad thing is,is that's all the mainstream media will focus on,an it's to the point that it's wearing me out emotional.

Sad thing is,is that's all the mainstream media will focus on,an it's to the point that it's wearing me out emotional.

All media has now been MTV/TMZ-ified. They only care about scandal, drama, controversy, all to head out ratings. And it sucks, because rather than do decent coverage on something monumental (like, say, Cards and the 2011 WS), they turn a blind turn to do a documentary on what LeBron did today.

All media has now been MTV/TMZ-ified. They only care about scandal, drama, controversy, all to head out ratings. And it sucks, because rather than do decent coverage on something monumental (like, say, Cards and the 2011 WS), they turn a blind turn to do a documentary on what LeBron did today.

You have to admit that was a pretty nice post move on that British kid

2011 is a great year for sports! only NFL and NHL (the two north american sports i care about) on sportscenter and the Packers are undefeated :D

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

And I don't think this news from Arkansas has been mentioned.

From a tragedy/scandal/negativity standpoint, it just keeps on piling on..."my team is good" cannot make up for that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Dan Whealdon death

Lokamotive Crash

Penn State Sex Scandal

NHL Enforcer Deaths.

Ohio State Scandal

True. But that kid that was a vegetable died and had it's organs transplanted into another kid who is much better now because of it. This year has had many bad things happen, but the Thrashers moving overall was a very good thing for the NHL and the sport overall outside of the few fans they did have in Atlanta.

Archived