Colorado Rockies

JTernup

Is this really going to happen, I'm starting to question this now?

The Rockies twitter account confirmed it a couple of weeks ago or so, saying that they are changing their road uniforms, and that details are coming "soon". How soon "soon" is is anyone's guess, but it seems like the change is pretty set in stone already. I'm surprised they didn't introduce it prior to the holiday shopping season, but that might be because Majestic hasn't produced enough yet and so the team is holding off until the production order can be met.

It's probably a safe bet that the pinstripes on the road uniforms are going away, since right now the Rockies are the only team in the MLB that still have pinstripes on their road uniforms (note: I say this with no inside knowledge whatsoever - just a prediction based on observation). I just hope that "Colorado" stays on the jersey and that the team doesn't go back to being the Rockies Rockies (as they were pre-'00).

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now they'll be even less purple. Lovely. Following the Marlins' lead on being a black-and-silver team, and let's pretend that other bright, unique color doesn't exist.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why is everything purple except the script? Why are player names outlined, numbers single-layer, and the script black outlined in white? Just dream it all up again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looks black on white to me. Certainly the numbers are...boo hiss.

(Giants looks great though)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Keep in mind that those are (bad) PhotoShop jobs. I wouldn't count on those for anything other than the most broad strokes of the new design.

Yeah, I am holding out hope that it is just a really bad photoshop job and everything is purple with a black outline. If that's the case, the white outline is even more out of place than on other road jerseys. Purple is so close to black to begin with, but to throw a white outline around the black would visually cause the darker colors (purple and black) to blend together even more. I think the colors would stand out more against the gray.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You know, they should have just made the "Colorado" into a cursive script. If you're going to keep designing White Sox knock-offs, might as well go full-out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Me, too. And I never really cared for white outlines on a road jersey.

In some cases I don't mind them. I actually think the Tigers' road jersey is nice and clean with the white outline. I know that it would look very good, and maybe even better, without the outline, but I don't object to it being there. Maybe it is the navy, orange and white that I love together. I, however, liked the previous Dodgers' road set much more than the current one, and also feel like the Yankees and White Sox road sets would look worse without the outline..

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived