Colorado Rockies

JTernup

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure the numbers are purple outlined in black and then outlined again in white. And the script is black with purple inserts.

Unless the my eyes are messing with me.

My monitors at work suck, but one is better than the other. I just moved it over to the second monitor, and it does look to me like the numbers are purple. I couldn't see any inserts on the wordmark, though. I believe they aren't there because the letters look thinner than before.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I bet the inserts are there, but it's just a lazy PS job. The inserts/cut-outs are on the other 4 jerseys and the hat logo, I don't know why they would take it off the road jersey. I could've done without the placket piping and just left the cuff piping.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I bet the inserts are there, but it's just a lazy PS job. The inserts/cut-outs are on the other 4 jerseys and the hat logo, I don't know why they would take it off the road jersey. I could've done without the placket piping and just left the cuff piping.

If the inserts are there, they should be silver. Purple hashes amidst black letters will not show up unless the camera shows an extreme close up during a night game. And the placket piping is my favorite part of this jersey. I don't like the recent trend of just sleeve piping. This is a nod to the original set, so that's an added bonus.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I would be quite suprised if it was not announced (with a fashion show or something like that) during Rockies Fan Fest.

The 2012 Rockies Fest at Coors Field is being extended to two days. The first day, Saturday, January 21 will continue to be an exclusive free event for Season Ticket Holders. The second day, Sunday, January 22 will be open to the general public

I too would also like to see them dust off the all Purple Caps again.. Even if for only one day like Friday's (Giants alt cap) or on Sunday's (Cards Sunday alt cap)

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

The Rockies really need a new font. I don't know why the powers that be in the Rockies system back when the franchise was formed every chose that font. It just doesn't fit a team named Rockies. Heck, even plain old script would be better than this. But I do like the purple.

I miss the pinstripes. Without them they are just boring. Likewise, I miss the Twins and D-Backs pinstripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I would be quite suprised if it was not announced (with a fashion show or something like that) during Rockies Fan Fest.

The 2012 Rockies Fest at Coors Field is being extended to two days. The first day, Saturday, January 21 will continue to be an exclusive free event for Season Ticket Holders. The second day, Sunday, January 22 will be open to the general public

I too would also like to see them dust off the all Purple Caps again.. Even if for only one day like Friday's (Giants alt cap) or on Sunday's (Cards Sunday alt cap)

They already announced via the official team Twitter that they'd be unveiling them at Rockies Fest.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I agree on the Rockies' font. I've never cared for it. Something about it has just never looked right. It extends to their "CR" monogram, too. I just think using a sans serif font would improve their look a lot.

I agree on the Rockies' font. I've never cared for it. Something about it has just never looked right. It extends to their "CR" monogram, too. I just think using a sans serif font would improve their look a lot.

I disagree. Sure, the Rockies' serif font is a little plain, but it's unique. I'd rather them stick with it than go to some unoriginal cursive or "modern" sans-serif script. Other than the Rays (2008), there aren't really any other serif scripts on uniforms. At least they add purple in the middles of the letters to bring some purple into it.

I think they use the right amount of purple on the home (in the pinstripes) and road (on numbers/script) uniforms and cap without over doing it, like the 1993 Marlins did with teal caps and all. Sure, they'll throw in the purple tops, and that's fine as an alt. The black vest on the other hand... get rid of that and bring back a solid black "Rockies" like they had in 1993.

I find the Rockies' script blandly agreeable. Suburban Denver also seems blandly agreeable, so I guess there's that. I'd rather they try a new direction now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Never liked the front number on their jerseys. Just looks clunky underneath their wordmark.

Also, is that definitely black? Doesn't look conclusive.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Never liked the front number on their jerseys. Just looks clunky underneath their wordmark.

The mothership says it's the same script as the last one, black with purple innards. Must be a series of bad photos, because I've never seen the purple in the new one at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Exactly. They use such a whispy wordmark, with inside hashes none-the-less, then they slap a giant version of MLB block underneath it. It doesn't make sense. It is especially apparent on the home jerseys, where the silver slashes make the wordmark dissapear against the pinstripes and all you have left is giant numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived