City/State Color Schemes

EvilEmpire

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NewYork2.jpg

For NY, the Nets over the Knicks? Why?

well I thought its would be more practical to give the knicks the mets colors, I guess the Nets would get a new logo once they move to Brooklyn

no they wont there sticking with the old one dude

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder, but this reminded me of a similar side-project I've been working on. The State Logo Color Project. I just figured this would be an appropriate place to post these, seeing as how a lot of recolor threads are disliked (as you can probably tell, I however, find them quite amusing).

What I did was pick a state, get all of the logos from the "Big 4" major sports leagues (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) and color each logo in each other teams' colors. The "rules" for myself were to try and only use the primary colors if possible. Using only alternate/other colors when necessary or if the logo is more aesthetically pleasing or "makes more sense if this part of the logo is this color." Anyway, here's Arizona:

(Again, EvilEmpire, I don't mean to threadjack, this just seemed like the appropriate place to post these. If you'd like me to remove them I understand :grin:)

Arizona.png

And obviously the original logos are going downward diagonally from left to right. I added an extra border and the team name to emphasize that.

<New York Logos>

I think the New York teams should be grouped based on who has connections to Manhattan/Bronx and who's connected to Queens/Long Island. In other words:

Group A: Yankees, Giants (used to play in Yankee Stadium), Rangers, Knicks

Group B: Mets, Jets (used to play at Shea Stadium), Islanders, Nets (used to play on Long Island, chose the Nets name to rhyme with Mets and Jets).

<Minnesota Logos>

You could've kept the Vikings hair yellow, it is in the Wild logo, but good call on using the Wild's colors, Minnesota is a hockey state.

<Phily Logos>

No complaints here. I think that if you're gonna standardize teams per city, you should go with whatever one has the most "ownable" color pallette.

Arizona.png

Interesting how... as much as I wish the D'Backs had never gone away from purple and teal... it seems like the most appropriate color scheme for Arizona.

Bro, Bro, Bro, Bro. Where are the Lightning!?

Liking those, though. I would break it down to cities seeing how all of them have a different style, but they look good.

Oh crap, I totally forgot about them! I guess as I was looking through the NHL logos I scanned over that crappy logo they have right now and just dismissed them as a team. Haha, just kidding. But I'll definitely put them in as soon as I have time.

And originally I had them as cities, but then I thought that for some cities they only have a couple of sports teams. I was working on my home city of St. Louis for example, we only have three franchises obviously, and then I thought about KC and how they only had two. I just decided that I'd group them together as 'Missouri', that way I have five different logos/color schemes.

Archived