Uniforms that just seem out of place

bosrs1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This piece of garbage:

8jvw8bebev8lc0cprzsy5xg0k.gif

It sort of worked in the 80s when they still wore blue shirts underneath the jerseys, but with the red shirts and socks it looks horrendous.

I agree 100%. every couple of days I check these boards praying for a thread from someone in the know telling us the sox are changing their road uniforms. Go back to world series unis, something entirely new, I don't care. These things are hideous, I have hated them since day one. Home UNIS great, alternate UNIS nice, road UNIS dull, ugly, not worthy of a marquee team like the sox.

Have to agree. I don't get why they'd trade the away unis they won two world series wearing for one that looks alot like the one they were wearing when Bill Buckner made himself infamous.

I couldn't disagree with you guys any more. Its a nicely updated classic look that combines the best elements from their uniform history. Easily one of the best in baseball; they finally got it right this time around.

In regards to looking like the uniforms that Bill Buckner wore when he "made himself infamous"....sorry, but I don't think about Bill Buckner when I see these unis and neither does any Sox fan that I know of. Two WS titles in the last decade has officially put the whole Buckner thing to rest. Red Sox fans have long since moved on.

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

The new set gets back to the roots of the franchise. Not to mention, the jerseys and t-shirts with the "new" (can we really call something that's three years old "new"?) have been an absolute cash cow for the Red Sox. I can't go a day without seeing someone wearing one or the other.

These uniforms are here to stay. A majority of Red Sox fans (though far from all Sox fans) adore them, me included.

spacer.png

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but this is an honest, not-trying-to-troll opinion:

(Just the combos, mind you. Not the design itself.)

oregonuni1.jpg

108105821_crop_650x440.jpg?1303886898

stormt.jpg

As well as the dreaded "AFL Raiders" carbon-white w/ silver numbers-carbon combo.

Green and yellow, please. Black as a trim is okay. But dang it, GREEN AND YELLOW. No carbon, no "ninjaducks", and especially no hi-liter-lite-brite-WTH-is-this-color-we'll-call-it-volt-to-sound-kewl! :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

9fca52nx6hm37faqeldl812ut.gif
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

No I agree. That last one just seems out of place given the two constants of most of the rest of the Ducks uniforms (about the only constant they have) the green and yellow.

its not even green and yellow..its gay/reflector day-glo green and yellow..if they went to like an emerald green, i think that would be ok..but silver numbers with a day glo border...? who approves crap at nike because they arent even trying to do a real good job..just counting on people being stupid and accepting what they are given

62073_Panthers_Lightning_Hockey.jpg

Yes, they're still wearing them on Saturday night home games.

Yes, they still have the old logo.

Yes, I hate this.

The way I see it, the only thing to hate is that they got rid of the regular homes and aways that went with that alt. <_<

Yes, I hate this.

Really? Isn't it nice to see the Lightning play once in a while instead of the Leafs?

I love that we still have a decent jersey left. Don't worry, I'm sure it will be gone by next year. They already screwed their fans with the awful change, they wanted to take away a little of the sting since so many people had just bought those new thirds.

I'm guessing they are getting their required number of games of wearing an alternate jersey out of the way early on, and unfortunately we won't see them again for a while.

I have my season ticket holder jersey they gave me collecting dust in my closet. I have both previous black jerseys and both previous blue third jerseys and wear those instead.

2ly2w09.jpg

Yes, I hate this.

The way I see it, the only thing to hate is that they got rid of the regular homes and aways that went with that alt. <_<

Seriously. Normally, I like minimalist, semi-retro designs, but not on teams that were founded in 1993 (or within the last 25 years in general) and certainly not when it's a carbon copy of an Original Six team.

I used to hate the Bolts alternate, but it's the only good sweater out of the bunch.

spacer.png

Archived