Uniforms that just seem out of place

bosrs1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Norfolk Tides home unis are two-tone blue and white, but their road uniforms are the colors of their parent club, the Orioles--black and orange.

Also forgot to mention that the Tides used to have (still have?) a red alternate jersey, in addition to the black & orange, when their colors are dark blue, light blue, and white; although they do have red front numbers on their home jerseys. Talk about being all over the place!

The Mets' black jersey, retained for this season despite the elimination of black from the rest of the set, would have to qualify.

Some time in the future, civilizations will look back at the 2012 NY Mets with no historical backing behind them and wonder WTF they were on.

So historians from future civilizations will spend their time analyzing the cohesiveness of the uniform sets of ancient sports teams? Sweet.

im confused on how the 2012 mets will look bad....?

I think the black alternates should have been gone this year.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

The Mets' black jersey, retained for this season despite the elimination of black from the rest of the set, would have to qualify.

Some time in the future, civilizations will look back at the 2012 NY Mets with no historical backing behind them and wonder WTF they were on.

So historians from future civilizations will spend their time analyzing the cohesiveness of the uniform sets of ancient sports teams? Sweet.

Right. It's not like any of us look at the White Sox slo-pitch softball set and wonder "WTF were they on?" or anything.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Lightning16.png

this alt, I hate it. Either make a classy one in blue and white, or drop it.

The alternate is the only one that is in place.

Vinik and Y ruined the teams identity by mimicking the Leafs.

Those two bland Toronto look-a-like pieces of trash need to go. Take that half assed clip art logo with them.

All three look like cheaply made, uninspired rags to me. The primaries are bland beyond belief and look waaay too similar to what the Leafs are wearing. The alternate on the other hand is a product of the 2007/08 RBK reinvention where all sanity was thrown out the window and things like crests and coherent stripes were replaced by abruptly ending piping, pit stains and a laughable "nickname" script logo. Only redeeming quality is the retention of the team's best logo on the shoulders

See, I don't mind the nickname look. At least it's stylized. I hated it for just being another word mark logo, but now it stands head and shoulders above the other two.

At the Leafs/Bolts game last week, you couldn't tell who was fans of who and it looked like a practice match with the Leafs on both sides.

The fact the third will be gone, I'm sure, after this year is sad because it will take that great logo away with it.

2ly2w09.jpg

This piece of garbage:

8jvw8bebev8lc0cprzsy5xg0k.gif

It sort of worked in the 80s when they still wore blue shirts underneath the jerseys, but with the red shirts and socks it looks horrendous.

I agree 100%. every couple of days I check these boards praying for a thread from someone in the know telling us the sox are changing their road uniforms. Go back to world series unis, something entirely new, I don't care. These things are hideous, I have hated them since day one. Home UNIS great, alternate UNIS nice, road UNIS dull, ugly, not worthy of a marquee team like the sox.

This piece of garbage:

It sort of worked in the 80s when they still wore blue shirts underneath the jerseys, but with the red shirts and socks it looks horrendous.

I agree 100%. every couple of days I check these boards praying for a thread from someone in the know telling us the sox are changing their road uniforms. Go back to world series unis, something entirely new, I don't care. These things are hideous, I have hated them since day one. Home UNIS great, alternate UNIS nice, road UNIS dull, ugly, not worthy of a marquee team like the sox.

Have to agree. I don't get why they'd trade the away unis they won two world series wearing for one that looks alot like the one they were wearing when Bill Buckner made himself infamous.

This piece of garbage:

Have to agree. I don't get why they'd trade the away unis they won two world series wearing for one that looks alot like the one they were wearing when Bill Buckner made himself infamous.

Coming from a Red Sox fan, this is what I think. Prior to 2009, the Red Sox had 3 jerseys- all of them great. The home, road, and red alternate were all fantastic jerseys. They ruined the home alt by getting rid of the piping, made the same mistake on the new blue alt, with no piping. As for the road uniforms, the World Series ones needed an update- BUT this was not the way to go. With the 2009 changes, the Red Sox unveiled a new Boston script, which is on the road alternate, which looks like the one on the old roads, but is a little bit different. That is what they should have put on it. What the Red Sox set needs is consistiency. Piping, scripts, sleeve patches. Also, I think they really need a red hat for the red alternate.

Although I will say that these roads have grown on me. I wish they returned to the world series road look, but I'll still miss these a bit.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

This piece of garbage:

I couldn't disagree with you guys any more. Its a nicely updated classic look that combines the best elements from their uniform history. Easily one of the best in baseball; they finally got it right this time around.

In regards to looking like the uniforms that Bill Buckner wore when he "made himself infamous"....sorry, but I don't think about Bill Buckner when I see these unis and neither does any Sox fan that I know of. Two WS titles in the last decade has officially put the whole Buckner thing to rest. Red Sox fans have long since moved on.

This piece of garbage:

I couldn't disagree with you guys any more. Its a nicely updated classic look that combines the best elements from their uniform history. Easily one of the best in baseball; they finally got it right this time around.

In regards to looking like the uniforms that Bill Buckner wore when he "made himself infamous"....sorry, but I don't think about Bill Buckner when I see these unis and neither does any Sox fan that I know of. Two WS titles in the last decade has officially put the whole Buckner thing to rest. Red Sox fans have long since moved on.

I am a huge sox fan as well. I agree that memories of 86 have nothing to do with my hatred of these UNIS. I was over 78, 86, etc as soon as we won in 2004. This is strictly a hatred of the look. The blue letters look black. The best way I can put it is they look incredibly dull and drab. I have a picture of yaz from the mid 60's and the blue letters look blue and have some red accent to them. A little more of that, with the current font, would be much better. Just a few tweaks and they could really improve.

And I forgot to say:

Panthers13.png

I want to know what was going through the heads of the dudes in the meeting when this was approved. The alternate is not even remotely close to anything else in their set. They finally got their act together when they brought back the red primary this year (I'm willing to ignore the half-stripes on the sleeves), but failed to eliminate this piece of crap from the set. You finally have a respectable team. Bury it and forget it ever existed, or at the very least, switch the baby blue to red.

This:

Panthers06.png

Was one of the nicest and most unique sets in the league. Do it Florida.

sig.png

Archived