Argos to get new stadium

Phil

TSN Story: Argos announce new stadium

Looks like a pretty sure thing... I can only hope.

For the benefit of our unCanadian brethren, when I say "Rest of Canada hails 'end of excuses'" I mean that for so long the Argos have blamed their attendance troubles on the fact that SkyDome is so unsuited to football, and that it isn't very fan-friendly. The Montreal Alouettes have not looked back since moving into Molson Stadium, so I'm guessing the Argos are trying to duplicate this success. Here's hoping they do... a strong presence in Canada's largest city is important to CFL fans everywhere.

As long as they don't get an NFL franchise, I'll be happy.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

TSN Story: Argos announce new stadium

Looks like a pretty sure thing... I can only hope.

For the benefit of our unCanadian brethren, when I say "Rest of Canada hails 'end of excuses'" I mean that for so long the Argos have blamed their attendance troubles on the fact that SkyDome is so unsuited to football, and that it isn't very fan-friendly. The Montreal Alouettes have not looked back since moving into Molson Stadium, so I'm guessing the Argos are trying to duplicate this success. Here's hoping they do... a strong presence in Canada's largest city is important to CFL fans everywhere.

As long as they don't get an NFL franchise, I'll be happy.

Agreed 100%. But Government money SHOULD NOT be used to build sports stadiums. I know, I know, it on the University, but I think it should be a private investment. Health care is 20X more important.

Buffalo would never allow a Toronto team. Although Buffalo could move to Toronto.

I'll def see a game in Toronto's new stadium.

the nfl isnt like baseball, they cant protest someone else coming. buffalo and toronto could both have teams sucessfully as toronto would draw fans from all over canada. the nfl has even said its next expansion will be LA and then Toronto allthough personally i think the NFL should stay out of canada. put a team in Vegas or San Antonio instead.

i would love an NFL/CFL all star game tho

Azzuri.gif

so the Argos will have a stadium they can actually fill...maybe they could bring back that hack Flutie too :hockeysmiley:

heh, that's gotta be a record...jokingly calling Hextall a bum and Rocket Richard and Doug Flutie hacks in the same day :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is a great move... hopefully they can solve the parking problem old varsity stadium had

The only way to do that is to build an underground parking garage underneath the stadium. Yes, there's parking at U of T, but you're much better off taking the TTC.

I saw, I came, I left.

So this is going on the site of the old Varsity Stadium, next to Varsity Arena? I wouldn't think there'd be really enough room for a modern stadium there. I can only imagine parking to be a nightmare, though thankfully there is a subway stop right across the street.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

These complaints concerning parking come from the 905 area where they depend on the car ALL the time. :wacko: And yeah, thankfully the St. George subway station is across the street. Although it would a pain as well because of all these people getting out of the same exit (which is directly across the street from the stadium.)

I saw, I came, I left.

These complaints concerning parking come from the 905 area where they depend on the car ALL the time. :wacko: And yeah, thankfully the St. George subway station is across the street. Although it would a pain as well because of all these people getting out of the same exit (which is directly across the street from the stadium.)

Hey even when there is a lot of parking I usually take public transit to games--partly because the crowds on transit are part of the experience, but mostly--it beats sitting idling in my car while the line to get going goes very sloooowwwwwwlllllyyyy!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hey even when there is a lot of parking I usually take public transit to games--partly because the crowds on transit are part of the experience, but mostly--it beats sitting idling in my car while the line to get going goes very sloooowwwwwwlllllyyyy!

I totally agree. Taking the subway there is part of the experience. Traffic in that area gets nasty on a good day. I only said is a pain because of the "rush-hour" crowd. That applies for people come TO the station in the morning and FROM the station in the evening.

But, for game days, the subway crowd shouldn't be a problem.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived