NFL's 100th Anniversary

jsb_0403

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah! B won. cant wait to see what the unis look like.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Cincinnati Bengals

First team up is Cincinnati. Cincinnati had the Reds, but there wasn't anything spectacular about their uniforms, so I did a little searching. I came across the Dayton Triangles and I knew I had to use them. This set is based off of the 1927 and 1928 uniforms. I thought this was a very unique set, that would interesting to see used with a modern template. Let me know what you guys think! C&C!

daytontriangles.png

Holy crap it's a Dayton Triangles concept! That has to be a first. They've always been my favorite team because their name strikes fear into the hearts of millions lol.

That said, that away jersey would never work today. I'd grab the home, and pair it with another team for one game, maybe two, just like the AFL anniversary

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

why do you need home and away? If you create certain matchups, one game situations where both teams wear special jerseys, then you've created something not only more realistic, but far more interesting. Move away from the one team concepts, and start looking at "this game is going to look like this." Cincinnati as the Dayton Triangles vs who? Maybe a single game against Cleveland as the Canton Bulldogs? Idk, I'm just thinking out loud, but none of that requires a home and a road, just a single jersey for each team.

The road there is half white, half color. What does the other team wear against it? Color? any color jersey can only have so much white. any white jersey can only have so much color before it's no longer a white jersey. That's the issue here, those number thresholds are way below 50%

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Besides the fact that you picked the worst of your anniversary logos :P, this is starting off great. One thing I would strongly suggest: post some photographic inspiration for each jersey design, no matter how low-quality the photos are. I'm from Cleveland, so I've visited Canton many times, but most people on this board are not as familiar with the visual history of the league's early days.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Cincinnati Bengals

First team up is Cincinnati. Cincinnati had the Reds, but there wasn't anything spectacular about their uniforms, so I did a little searching. I came across the Dayton Triangles and I knew I had to use them. This set is based off of the 1927 and 1928 uniforms. I thought this was a very unique set, that would interesting to see used with a modern template. Let me know what you guys think! C&C!

daytontriangles.png

I showed these to my grandpa and he went crazy over these. Brought back great memories for, my grandpa was at the Triangles first ever game. Some call it the "First Professional Football Game" ever. He talks about it and them all the time. They played right down the street from him, and him and his freinds would sit and watch them practice everyday

Sorry to get off topic, but I have heard him talk about them alot and felt the need to post it.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

For the Minnesota Vikings, you hafta do the Duluth Eskimos! Please?!

Trust me, that's what I'm doing. haha

Besides the fact that you picked the worst of your anniversary logos :P, this is starting off great. One thing I would strongly suggest: post some photographic inspiration for each jersey design, no matter how low-quality the photos are. I'm from Cleveland, so I've visited Canton many times, but most people on this board are not as familiar with the visual history of the league's early days.

The more I look at the logo, the less I like it, so it may get changed anyways haha. I'll start posting pictures with each set as soon as I get this next one done. That's a very good idea though.

Cincinnati Bengals

I showed these to my grandpa and he went crazy over these. Brought back great memories for, my grandpa was at the Triangles first ever game. Some call it the "First Professional Football Game" ever. He talks about it and them all the time. They played right down the street from him, and him and his freinds would sit and watch them practice everyday

Sorry to get off topic, but I have heard him talk about them alot and felt the need to post it.

I don't mind! That's really awesome, glad you were able to show him.

Are you doing these in the vein a home and ?change kit? kind of thing? I don?t know if that?s what you?re actually going for (i.e. the teams would wear their ?home? jerseys all the time unless there was a significant clash with the opposing team, necessitating said team wearing their away or ?change? jerseys), or not, but most of these would work in that capacity.

Also, that home Triangles jersey is a sight to behold. I love it. The half and half jersey divided across the horizontal middle is great. And my favorite detail is the back with the number in the white part and the name below it. Excellent. I like the away/change jersey too. But to my earlier point, it?s essentially the same amount of each color as the home jersey, so if they were to play another royal blue and white team, it may be difficult for the teams to be distinguished. Granted, I don?t know if that?s what you?re going for or not.

I love this series. Are you intending to do an entirely different team identity for those teams that didn?t exist in this era (20s ? 40s?) like you did with the Bengals/Triangles? Or for teams that that wouldn?t work for (like the Panthers, for instance), would you just do a set of uniforms in the style of the era?

Are you doing these in the vein a home and ?change kit? kind of thing? I don?t know if that?s what you?re actually going for (i.e. the teams would wear their ?home? jerseys all the time unless there was a significant clash with the opposing team, necessitating said team wearing their away or ?change? jerseys), or not, but most of these would work in that capacity.

Also, that home Triangles jersey is a sight to behold. I love it. The half and half jersey divided across the horizontal middle is great. And my favorite detail is the back with the number in the white part and the name below it. Excellent. I like the away/change jersey too. But to my earlier point, it?s essentially the same amount of each color as the home jersey, so if they were to play another royal blue and white team, it may be difficult for the teams to be distinguished. Granted, I don?t know if that?s what you?re going for or not.

I love this series. Are you intending to do an entirely different team identity for those teams that didn?t exist in this era (20s ? 40s?) like you did with the Bengals/Triangles? Or for teams that that wouldn?t work for (like the Panthers, for instance), would you just do a set of uniforms in the style of the era?

At this moment, I'm no longer going to have 2 sets. Each team will have one set and they'll face a divisional rival in that set. So the split Triangles uniform will be out. Unless I decide to do two match-ups for the season, then it may return and every team will have two sets, but not necessarily a home and away set. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

As far as the team identities go, it really just depends on each team. I'm trying to find throwbacks that haven't been used in the NFL before, so some teams may keep their current identity, and some may not. I'm not sure what I'll do for a team like Carolina, but I'm sure I'll find something. I do want it to be from an actual team, and not something I created though.

At this moment, I'm no longer going to have 2 sets. Each team will have one set and they'll face a divisional rival in that set. So the split Triangles uniform will be out. Unless I decide to do two match-ups for the season, then it may return and every team will have two sets, but not necessarily a home and away set. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

As far as the team identities go, it really just depends on each team. I'm trying to find throwbacks that haven't been used in the NFL before, so some teams may keep their current identity, and some may not. I'm not sure what I'll do for a team like Carolina, but I'm sure I'll find something. I do want it to be from an actual team, and not something I created though.

Cool. 1) Will you be going back and showing us what the rivalries for the teams already done are? 2) Though I see why you're doing what you're doing, I also liked having two completely distinct sets of uniforms to look it in some cases (like with Philadelphia and Chicago [Cardinals]). Kind of like a two for one deal! ^_^

Cool. 1) Will you be going back and showing us what the rivalries for the teams already done are? 2) Though I see why you're doing what you're doing, I also liked having two completely distinct sets of uniforms to look it in some cases (like with Philadelphia and Chicago [Cardinals]). Kind of like a two for one deal! ^_^

The teams already done were for an earlier theme I had, so I'm probably not gonna use most of those.

Archived