BigBubba's MLB

BigBubba

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think this looks really nice, I see one possible problem with it. We all know these classic scripts and are able to recognize that they are the Cardinals. But is someone with no baseball knowledge saw they, especially the road jerseys with "St. Louis" on it, what about it says "Cardinals"? My suggestion? If you don't want to use the birds on bat script, try the bird on the bat as a sleeve patch.

Other suggestions:

-The cap with the black brim needs a black button

-Try to avoid having multiple pairs of pants. No reason that the pants with red piping wouldn't work with the red alternate.

Nice update though. BTW, I thought that the roadie with the St. Louis block looked great as a standalone, but this change flows better with the overall set.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

While I think this looks really nice, I see one possible problem with it. We all know these classic scripts and are able to recognize that they are the Cardinals. But is someone with no baseball knowledge saw they, especially the road jerseys with "St. Louis" on it, what about it says "Cardinals"? My suggestion? If you don't want to use the birds on bat script, try the bird on the bat as a sleeve patch.

Well?

StLouisCardinalsAltLogo.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well?

Winner

St. Louis Cardinals Third Rendition

I fixed the pants piping, put a black button on the alt cap, and added the shoulder patch to all jerseys (for consistency). And as an unrelated tidbit. When I show sleeve patched I'll show the full thing and not show half as if you were looking at the real jersey. Again, no change to the scripts/logos; I just put them there to put them all together.

StLouisCardinalsLogos.png

Alt Logo:

StLouisCardinalsJerseyLogos2.png

StLouisCardinalsJerseys3.png

Baltimore Orioles:

I don't even...

BaltimoreOriolesLogoConcept.png

BaltimoreOriolesConcept.png

As you can guess, this is an old concept. This was supposed to be my official template for the series, but then I switched to Inkscape and also showed the images of the scripts, logos etc... I'm only posting this because it took me a lot of time (believe it or not) and I think the logo has potential. Tear it apart, please!

This has been a great series, but it looks like this concept is the traffic jam. Honestly, the bird creeps me out. The uniforms need more than 2 colors, and you should use the other template. Just giving my honest opinion.

@ @ ....Yeah, sorry, but these needs some work. There's absolutely no uniformity throughout the set. If you're going for black on the road and orange at home, you still need some semblance of color balance. Also, four hats is WAY too much.

Yeah this appears kinda rushed. Definite inconsistency with the uniforms and while the bird actually isn't bad, there is some extra orange at the bottom right.

Oh, no - I agree. Highlight the area underneath the last image (I whited out my explanation). This is an old concept, and I only posted it because I thought the base had potential and because it took longer than you'd think.

As you can guess, this is an old concept. This was supposed to be my official template for the series, but then I switched to Inkscape and also showed the images of the scripts, logos etc... I'm only posting this because it took me a lot of time (believe it or not) and I think the logo has potential. Tear it apart, please!

Aïe, aïe, aïe!

I was hoping for some help on the bird, but no matter. I added an angry eyebrow since that would probably be one of the first suggestions (to add expression). For the orange alt, inverted the black and white on the script because I think it would've looked much better. While I like white front panelled caps, they just don't really work with this logo.

BaltimoreOriolesLogos2.png

BaltimoreOriolesJerseyLogos2.png

BaltimoreOriolesJerseys2.png

I also just realized that the road alt above comes with home pants...

If you're going to use orange socks, then there needs to be a little bit of black somewhere else on the jersey to justify having a black-crowned cap IMO. I would make all of the belts black, and possibly the Orioles script and numbers on the orange alternate.

The cap logo is better, but still not there.

Huge upgrade from the original, nice job.

If you're going to use orange socks, then there needs to be a little bit of black somewhere else on the jersey to justify having a black-crowned cap IMO. I would make all of the belts black, and possibly the Orioles script and numbers on the orange alternate.

The cap logo is better, but still not there.

Huge upgrade from the original, nice job.

Would inverting the piping (pants and jerseys) from O-B-O to B-O-B help?

Possibly, would be my answer to the piping question. I think this concept really needs a black belt. No only for color balance reasons, but because an orange belt would just plain look weird. The problem with this set is that the lighter color is a base color. While it can be pulled off on the homes and roads, it has serious color balance issues. It has the same problem that the Boston Red Sox alternates have.

On the orange alternate, the black hat looks really out of place.

On the black alternate, the orange socks look out of place.

My new idea:

-As stated, make belts black

-Orange socks at home, black on the road

-White front panel cap at home, black hat with orange brim on the road.

This should help out the color balance issues. Good luck!

The jerseys are good for a black-color-black piping. The head logo still needs some work. Right now, it looks like a decapiated bird head, or maybe even a duck head. I'd make the top of the head just a tad flatter. Also, make the neck line have a more direct change from neck to head. In other words, instead of the gradual arc of the neck you have now, have it go up and then have a more steep angle to make the head. You could also experiment with a full-body oriole. Can't wait for the update.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Baltimore Orioles Update No. 2

I tried B-O-B piping on the jerseys, but then I'd also have to do it for the jersey piping (plus, it clashed with the orange scripts). I could go with orange at home and black on the road (including black scripts on the road), but I opted for a balanced look. I made the bird more realistic, using the eye from the orinth-correct bird and recolouring the beak to silver/grey.

BaltimoreOriolesLogos3.png

BaltimoreOriolesJerseyLogos3.png

BaltimoreOriolesJerseys3.png

Archived