BigBubba's MLB

BigBubba

Your bird has definitely progressed through your updates. One thing that has bothered me has been the triangle in the beak. I think you could round it off a little and it would look much better. Also, maybe adding some tufts to the head would make it look a little less like a duck. Otherwise, you're doing a great job with your homemade logo! And the uniforms look spectacular!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a little while since an update. You know, exams. :/

Anyways, I whipped up a few head "tuft" options and fixed the triangle in the beak (it's more round now). The bottom ones are a la Blue Jays.

BaltimoreOriolesHeadOptions.png

For the orange alt, I was thinking of making the NOB black and making the piping black as opposed to B-W-B. Would that help the colour balance?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Seriously, how can this thread get over 100 views, yet only 1 comment? Would it kill anyone to take 20 seconds and post a comment? I'm not expecting to have 25 people religiously following this series and commenting every update, but averaging one comment per 119 views on a series I put effort in is pretty damn discouraging.

/mini-rant

I've made up my mind on the head option (bottom left), but I'd like to know what people feel about the eye and my idea to make the NOB and piping all black on the orange alt.

Seriously, how can this thread get over 100 views, yet only 1 comment? Would it kill anyone to take 20 seconds and post a comment? I'm not expecting to have 25 people religiously following this series and commenting every update, but averaging one comment per 119 views on a series I put effort in is pretty damn discouraging.

/mini-rant

I've made up my mind on the head option (bottom left), but I'd like to know what people feel about the eye and my idea to make the NOB and piping all black on the orange alt.

I would strongly advise you to keep the orange alternate the way you had it last time. The piping and the color balance was perfect. I love the way the white front-panel of the cap looked with the white script and B-W-B piping. I agree that the oriole on the bottom-left looks the best. I also think you nailed the head shape as well. It looks less like a duck and more like an oriole. The eye's a little small. I'd make it a tad bigger. The feather design with the orange on the oriole head is too rounded. Make it a tad more erratic. In other words, I'd look at the current primary oriole logo (the real one, not the cartoon one), and take a hint from that. Can't wait to see the update. Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

that new bird is awesome! its looks way better. you should try a cartoon bird however.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Because your not Jahgee ^_^

I like the updated bird logo. Not a baseball guy by any means but it is far superior to that awful cartoon bird the team uses now.

Detroit Tigers:

My initial choices would be orange-black and orange-brown, but I ended up giving them to other teams. I've always wished they put more emphasis on orange, so that's what I decided to do - make them all orange. Now listen, I know that this would be crazy in real life - they've been a navy team for ~110 years now. Having said that, I wanted to try something new, so i won't be changing the colour scheme. As for the white alt...yeah, I know it would be crazy for them to wear that - but again, this is a "fun" concept.

DetroitTigersLogos.png

DetroitTigersJerseys.png

Just thinking now that I should add a white outline to the logo/number/NOB on the grey...

I love your Orioles update, but the Tiges are inferior to the O's. The Tigers can't lose Navy Blue, that's what they're known for. I guess the second alt could be like a turn ahead the clock thing, but it just won't work as a regular alternate.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I don't dislike this concept because it's not traditional.. I don't like it because it's just bad. A pure orange and white look is very hard to pull off, and the Tigers certainty don't have the graphics package to do it. When I read "traditionalists beware" I was expecting the Tigers script on the home uniform. Why not try making them orange-navy, with their current scripts? (Orange on the inside, navy outline.) This really just doesn't work. I'm also not crazy about using the same logo on four different jerseys. And for the Tiger-striped white alternate, you left grey pants as an option, which I'm hoping was a mistake.

Look, you tried something really creative, and I don't think it really worked. I would say try again. That's my $0.02. Good luck on the Tigers!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I think if you're subtracting a color from the Tigers, it should be the orange, and not the navy. Those jerseys are just too much-- they look like fashion jerseys. Kudos for going outside the box a little, though. I just don't think it works at all.

I think if you're subtracting a color from the Tigers, it should be the orange, and not the navy. Those jerseys are just too much-- they look like fashion jerseys. Kudos for going outside the box a little, though. I just don't think it works at all.

I agree with Doug, just doesn't work. Pethaps bring back navy and use orange as a accent color.

Another Navy and white team? Not what the MLB needs.

I like the concept but why not add black as well. Theres not quite enough contrast between the orange and white.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate it.

Detroit Tigers Update No. 1:

I've always wanted Detroit to use more orange, but I guess I got a little carried away. I didn't add black because of my "Colour Game" policy and the fact that if I'm gonna add another (dark) colour, it may as well be navy. My intention was to not change the primary colours for any team, but this needs to be an exception. I dropped the alts, but kept the primaries the same. I added a navy outline to the logo, numbers, and a navy brim/button to the caps. A navy alt didn't really work, so I went with a white one. Should I keep the logo on the road, or just go with the script? I know the primaries need more navy. And suggestions how? Navy socks/belts looked bad, and it wouldn't make sense to have mismatched piping colours.

DetroitTigersLogos2.png

DetroitTigersJerseyLogos2.png

DetroitTigersJerseys2.png

Looking at it now, I'm thinking that the alts would benefit form a front number...Oh, crap, I forgot the placket piping on the white alt...

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about Cleveland and Miami. I'll update them after I do the green/black team (If this was a traditionalist's nightmare, the next one may as well be one of the Four Horses) since it's the last concept I've done anything on.

Archived