Mavericks Color Scheme

STL FANATIC

If I recall correctly, when the Mavericks first unveiled their then new look, the colors were a bright royal blue, black, and silver. The logos and uniforms were colored in that way.

The story I remember, but I could be wrong, is that the color scheme was an EXACT replica of the Orlando Magic. As such, the Mavs substituted navy for black on the uniforms--and only on the uniforms. So the logos still utilize large amounts of black. The uniforms utilize large amounts of black. And it's never both. Always black or navy.

And then just as a kicker, the court features. a darkish blue, but not really navy, and a lighter royal blue.

The whole thing drives me crazy. Can't imagine I'm the only one.

To be honest, I'm a little tired of their whole look. I don't think it's got the timeless element to it. Though it's still pretty nice. Anybody else?

If I recall correctly, when the Mavericks first unveiled their then new look, the colors were a bright royal blue, black, and silver. The logos and uniforms were colored in that way.

The story I remember, but I could be wrong, is that the color scheme was an EXACT replica of the Orlando Magic. As such, the Mavs substituted navy for black on the uniforms--and only on the uniforms. So the logos still utilize large amounts of black. The uniforms utilize large amounts of black. And it's never both. Always black or navy.

And then just as a kicker, the court features. a darkish blue, but not really navy, and a lighter royal blue.

The whole thing drives me crazy. Can't imagine I'm the only one.

To be honest, I'm a little tired of their whole look. I don't think it's got the timeless element to it. Though it's still pretty nice. Anybody else?

The color-thing makes me nuts too. (Surprise, surprise.)

I don't know why they just don't swap out the Black in the marks for Navy. Seems like a no-brainer.

I've always thought it might have been a nod to the cowboys and their mismatched blues. I've always wondered why nobody has mentioned it.

I mentioned something to this effect before, asking CWx if the blues and silvers were the same. They aren't.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I've always thought it might have been a nod to the cowboys and their mismatched blues. I've always wondered why nobody has mentioned it.

I figure they're close enough to not be coincidental. So much of merch sales is based on matching up outfits. If you can slap a Mavs hat on with a cowboys jersey, you can make a lot of little princesses happy.

I mentioned something to this effect before, asking CWx if the blues and silvers were the same. They aren't.

They should just go back to Royal Blue and Kelly Green.

Yea! Just like the Seahawks! And the Eagles also! Jets as well! Cowboys need royal!

This isn't the 90's anymore. The trend of darkening a teams palette to the point where it almost resembles black is beyond played out. Only one I don't agree with is the Cowboys.

What I find odd and irritating at the same time is adidas sells navy blue Orlando Magic t-shirts. It's ridiculous. Navy is not a Magic color...they're not the Mavericks!! :)

http://www.footballfanatics.com/NBA_Orlando_Magic_T-Shirts/adidas_Orlando_Magic_On-Court_Practice_T-Shirt_-_Navy_Blue

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived