2012 BCS championship shirts

dbadefense1990

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly not because I'm a auburn fan.I think that last years hat was a lot better with the sublimated crystal ball trophy in the background

They have one of those for this year, too: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Alabama_Crimson_Tide/Nike_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_2011_BCS_National_Champions_Trophy_Celebration_T-Shirt_-_Crimson

Also, really like the crystal on the 2009 version: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Alabama_Crimson_Tide/Nike_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_Ash_2009_BCS_National_Champions_Official_Locker_Room_T-shirt

i know i have seen those but i was talking about the on field hat

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Whoever came up with the lameass victory slogans needs to be shot. Whatever happened to just using "X Bowl Champions?"

They probably think the consumers are clamoring for something innovative as far as locker room shirts go. Personally, I think consumers just want something that works, but I don't call the shots.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the BCS isnt "ironic" enough to pull this off. i wouldnt mind the humour if the typography better suited it. that typeface dosent say "fun and playful" its more suitable for for a phrase like "prepare for combat". its serious but trying not to be. so no, this isnt a very good shirt series IMO.

I think you're reading too far into it. Athletic block isn't any more serious than baseball script is. It just works for sports, no matter what you're trying to say.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I may in the minority here, but I think Alabama is the only champion. Everyone else, in my book, is a _____ Bowl Winner, but not a champion.

IMHO, it's the same logic as a team calling themselves a wild card champion in baseball.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I may in the minority here, but I think Alabama is the only champion. Everyone else, in my book, is a _____ Bowl Winner, but not a champion.

IMHO, it's the same logic as a team calling themselves a wild card champion in baseball.

I mean they are bowl champions though,

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Incorrect. You are only a national champion if you win a playoff. That is why Alabama is limited to calling themselves a BCS champion, which means they won a bowl game, same as every other bowl champion.

Alabama calls themselves the 2011 Football National Champions. Its on every shirt, piece of product, website, their logo, etc.

You can argue it shouldn't be that way but they aren't limited in anyway in reality.

Alabama calls themselves the 2011 Football National Champions. Its on every shirt, piece of product, website, their logo, etc.

You can argue it shouldn't be that way but they aren't limited in anyway in reality.

I should have been more clear. The limitation is on the BCS. The BCS cannot call that game the national championship game. They have to call it the BCS National Chmpionship game. Alabama can call anything it wants a national championship (and it is pretty clear it doesn't take much for them to declare something a national championship).

Archived