Non-Ebay old-stock NHL jersey sites

Neon_Matrix

As I'm headed to Ottawa to watch the big, bad Bruins take on the over-achieving Ottawa Senators' in late February, I'm hoping to watch the game in a nice Bruins jersey. However, although I own over 50 of them right now, not one represents Beantown.

I'm now determined to get my hands on the yellow Poohbear jersey just because I think it would be awesome to own. However, they don't seem to be readily available for such a garish item.

I only found a few listed on Ebay and I don't feel like spending close to $200 for a pro when I really only want it as a one-off item, or one that I can later wear in shinny.

Does anyone either have one they are willing to sell (size M or L) or know of a good site that would carry this jersey, or the complimenting home/away ones for a decent price?

Tried doing a quick Google search but only came across some counterfeit sites, which I will never touch.

Any help would be appreciated, I will be disappointed to attend this game in anything but a garish yellow jersey!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Sorry, I don't have a site, just a question: of all the awesome jerseys the Bruins have worn...why that one? Bruins fans like to pretend that that doesn't exist. I realize it'd be a cool novelty item, but still. The worst jersey they've ever worn.

spacer.png

Sorry, I don't have a site, just a question: of all the awesome jerseys the Bruins have worn...why that one? Bruins fans like to pretend that that doesn't exist. I realize it'd be a cool novelty item, but still. The worst jersey they've ever worn.

Just the novelty of it.

I'll be right at the glass so what better than to be wearing an ugly as sin jersey?

I'm refraining from wearing a Leafs' jersey this time... and don't want to go in anything completely random, either.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Go Senators!

Seriously though, you probably won't be able to get a non-authentic. Every time I've seen one pop up on ebay, it's always the authentic version.

Bah!! I found a semi-pro on auction starting at $50 but he won't ship to Canada. Oh well.

At this point, I'd also wear a Kessel Bruins' jersey, but I can't seem to find any clearance ones at the moment. I've found some tees, however, but it isn't the same as a jersey. Sighhh.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

The worst jerseys they wore were the home/away FleetCenter era duds. I loathe those. I actually loved the gold alt, wore a Blaine Lacher one everyday in high school during practice. I don't think he ever actually wore it because he didn't last long in '95-'96 but I got a customized one for Christmas.

If you have over 50 and are looking to part with one I'd be willing to trade my 1980s Road Bruins jersey.

BTW... Blaine Lacher! HA! Couldn't find a John Blue jersey lol.

Hmmm... I'll have to take a look at what I'm willing to part with but that's an option. I'll get back to you soon!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

If you have over 50 and are looking to part with one I'd be willing to trade my 1980s Road Bruins jersey.

BTW... Blaine Lacher! HA! Couldn't find a John Blue jersey lol.

Hmmm... I'll have to take a look at what I'm willing to part with but that's an option. I'll get back to you soon!

FWIW its a CCM Vintage Remake from the early 2000s. I wore all of once, maybe twice.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The worst jerseys they wore were the home/away FleetCenter era duds. I loathe those. I actually loved the gold alt, wore a Blaine Lacher one everyday in high school during practice. I don't think he ever actually wore it because he didn't last long in '95-'96 but I got a customized one for Christmas.

Oh, trust me, I loathe the entire 1995-2007 set just as much as every Bruins fan. But IMO those "poohbears" epitomized the many, many bad designs the 1990s had to offer.

And Blaine Lacher? Seriously? He's like the least-well-known of the many unknown Bruins goalies of the mid 90s.

spacer.png

Oh, trust me, I loathe the entire 1995-2007 set just as much as every Bruins fan. But IMO those "poohbears" epitomized the many, many bad designs the 1990s had to offer.

And Blaine Lacher? Seriously? He's like the least-well-known of the many unknown Bruins goalies of the mid 90s.

I know, it was a revolving door of crappy upstarts, one year wonders, and bad veterans in the 90's but for some reason as a kid I loved him. Don't get me wrong, he sucked. Must've been his Lach-ness Monster nickname.

Dan, I actually had a John Blue t-shirt as a little guy, it's probably tucked away in my parents basement. I got made fun of on the pond on many occasions for wasting my allowance on anything John Blue related. If I didnt own it I'd never believe they actually made any.

I had a medium bruins jersey once. Then June 15th happened....

I tried looking for one for you anyway but I couldn't find one that didn't cost a fortune. I'd try Craigslist if I were you.

I tried Kijiji and found two hits... just msg'd them and I hope the jerseys are still for sale. One's a Large yellow poohbear which I'd gladly buy for the $30 they're offering it for. The other doesn't show the size and is $40... so if it's an M or L I'll look to snag them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I had a medium bruins jersey once. Then June 15th happened....

The less said about that dark, horrible day the better ^_^

Charger and Neon...

Do you guys have an online gallery somewhere with photos of your collections? I'm sure a lot of people on these boards would love to see them if you do.

Blaine Lacher is one of my all-time favorite "where did he go?" goalies. I have a handful of Lacher cards in my collection. He had a pretty bitchin' mask.

blaine-lacher.jpg

I know this isn't helpful for Neon, but... really? What was so wrong with those?

The Pooh Bear was a bit gaudy, but I don't hate it. But the home/aways were solid. (Mind you, the new ones are uber-classy. But still.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I've just figured out a great reason to buy this jersey.

One of the greatest fights in NHL history happened in it:

Skip to 1:25 if you don't care about the buildup.

~~~~

I know this isn't helpful for Neon, but... really? What was so wrong with those?

The Pooh Bear was a bit gaudy, but I don't hate it. But the home/aways were solid. (Mind you, the new ones are uber-classy. But still.)

The worst seasons in Bruins history happened in those jerseys. There's nothing really "bad" about them, it's just because of the seemingly endless penny pinching, bad trades (the Joe Thornton trade immediately springs to mind) and a bad product on the ice. Ray Bourque was ashamed to wear the spoked B. Ray Bourque!

Those jerseys represent the darkest era in Bruins history. They will forever have a negative association in the minds of Bruins fans because of it.

The uni upgrade, and the near-immediate success on the ice following it, only brighten my opinion on the current set and darken my opinion on the older one. Check out my "favourite logos" section. One of them is "Boston Bruins (all except 1995 to 2007)".

spacer.png

The jerseys, at least in my opinion, symbolized an awful period of Bruins hockey. Not too mention the fact that they took the place of some absolutely beautiful duds. I actually don't know many Bruins fans that actually like the jerseys from 1995-2007.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The jerseys, at least in my opinion, symbolized an awful period of Bruins hockey. Not too mention the fact that they took the place of some absolutely beautiful duds. I actually don't know many Bruins fans that actually like the jerseys from 1995-2007.

And were replaced by some absolutely beautiful duds, too.

spacer.png

Archived