Non-Ebay old-stock NHL jersey sites

Neon_Matrix

Sorry, I don't have a site, just a question: of all the awesome jerseys the Bruins have worn...why that one? Bruins fans like to pretend that that doesn't exist. I realize it'd be a cool novelty item, but still. The worst jersey they've ever worn.

The worst jerseys they wore were the home/away FleetCenter era duds. I loathe those. I actually loved the gold alt, wore a Blaine Lacher one everyday in high school during practice. I don't think he ever actually wore it because he didn't last long in '95-'96 but I got a customized one for Christmas.

I know this isn't helpful for Neon, but... really? What was so wrong with those?

The Pooh Bear was a bit gaudy, but I don't hate it. But the home/aways were solid. (Mind you, the new ones are uber-classy. But still.)

Well they're synonymous with awful play, but that's really not a good argument.

Honestly, I hated the new (at the time) spoked-B, the inverted stripes on the hem of the sweaters, the replacement of the old bear (crappy but i loved it) and how the whole design was such a departure from the history of the team. I also loved how gold was a dominant color for so many years but it was replaced by black with the introduction of the set. Add that with its debut during the new Shawmut/FleetCenter building and the destruction of the Garden and it's just a whole era most Bruins fans like to forget.

It's personal taste of course, but I cringe every time I see highlights or pictures of anyone wearing those jerseys.

Sorry, I don't have a site, just a question: of all the awesome jerseys the Bruins have worn...why that one? Bruins fans like to pretend that that doesn't exist. I realize it'd be a cool novelty item, but still. The worst jersey they've ever worn.

The worst jerseys they wore were the home/away FleetCenter era duds. I loathe those. I actually loved the gold alt, wore a Blaine Lacher one everyday in high school during practice. I don't think he ever actually wore it because he didn't last long in '95-'96 but I got a customized one for Christmas.

I know this isn't helpful for Neon, but... really? What was so wrong with those?

The Pooh Bear was a bit gaudy, but I don't hate it. But the home/aways were solid. (Mind you, the new ones are uber-classy. But still.)

I would have liked the Pooh Bear jersey with the B on the front.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I had a medium bruins jersey once. Then June 15th happened....

The less said about that dark, horrible day the better ^_^

Charger and Neon...

Do you guys have an online gallery somewhere with photos of your collections? I'm sure a lot of people on these boards would love to see them if you do.

I have 159 of them (so far!) I will be creating a spyboy1-type album this spring.

Here are a few older pics:

270315_195186540532675_100001239928277_589446_7048613_n.jpg

262309_195186527199343_100001239928277_589445_6941205_n.jpg

270347_195186497199346_100001239928277_589444_7739362_n.jpg

268614_195186577199338_100001239928277_589448_829779_n.jpg

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I have 159 of them (so far!) I will be creating a spyboy1-type album this spring.

Thanks, I'll definitely be looking out for that

As for the 1995-07 set, I have to agree with the general consensus of it being awful, especially the inexplicable decision to put the sleeve stripes within the shoulder yoke. The only thing I liked about it was the tri-coloured collar.

Geez Charger, you have quite the rack! (/rimshot)

I've only got about 4 or 5 of my jerseys hanging up, the rest are in bins or delegated to 'shinny' (with matching socks, of course!).

I think I've found a poohbear on Kijiji, just figure out a time/place to do the deal. The pic shows it's a large with tags attached, so I hope it's in mint condition for $40, which seems to be a fair price.

I'll probably take photos of my jerseys at some point, just trying to figure out the best way to photograph them. They aren't game used, but some are a little 'unique' if I don't say so myself.

Thanks again for the help guys, hopefully I'm able to snag this jersey tomorrow!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Geez charger, you think you have enough Avs jerseys? I'm countin 6 from that pic!

On a different note, I wonder if there's anyone else out there like me that instead of collecting TEAM jerseys, they collect jerseys from just one player. Example: I happen to be a collector of Rich Peverley jerseys.

Anyone?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Hey Neon, check Dixie Outlet Mall. There's a store in there that has a bunch of old ones. Don't trust any of the Edge ones (saw a lot of knockoffs), but the other ones are legit.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well, I gotta say that I'm quite the fan of Kijiji now.

Not only was I lucky enough to find a Bruins' third listed on there, but it only cost me $40 for one that had never been worn. The guy said that his gf's father had won it at some fundraiser and since they didn't know any Bruins' fans (all Leafs!) he though it would be worth selling.

I have to say, I'm quite excited to be wearing this at the February 25th Sens/Bruins game. Keep and eye out for Braden and I sitting at the glass in section 109A (from broadcast angle, that's the right corner).

Thanks again for your help guys, I would never have thought to check out Kijiji or Craiglist had it not been mentioned.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Geez charger, you think you have enough Avs jerseys? I'm countin 6 from that pic!

On a different note, I wonder if there's anyone else out there like me that instead of collecting TEAM jerseys, they collect jerseys from just one player. Example: I happen to be a collector of Rich Peverley jerseys.

Anyone?

Do you have a Bruins Pev yet?

spacer.png

Y'know, I still like that striping. Sure, it's not traditional, blah blah blah... but for a bear-themed team, I dig it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Y'know, I still like that striping. Sure, it's not traditional, blah blah blah... but for a bear-themed team, I dig it.

My problem with it is that stupid floating bear head and the just thrown on BRUINS wordmark on the shoulders.

What would be perfect is:

Just a big, bold 'B' on the front of the jersey. Maybe a thin white outline with a black outline around that.

Have the Spoked 'B' on the shoulders, or, nothing at all.

That would have improved this jersey 10-fold.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Anyone?

Do you have a Bruins Pev yet?

Yessir. I got it with the Finals patch on it. I said I would get a B's with his name and number if he won himself a cup. Yeah, we know how that ended! I was like a proud father (but we were pretty good friends when he was down here, hence why I only really follow him.)

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived