2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Just wanted to add that the fuel that fed Clowney was issued on what I would call one of the most blatant screwed up calls in the history of sports officiating.

This was ruled a first down after a huge needed stop from our defense:

9jdli0.jpg

I couldn't stop laughing about how bad that call was I immediately stopped laughing after that hit.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling NIU is going to get killed. FSU knows what happened to Oklahoma in 2007.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I have a feeling NIU is going to get killed. FSU knows what happened to Oklahoma in 2007.

It's great to see a likable MAC school in a BCS game and even though I am rooting for them, I don't think NIU has a chance. They lost their coach and don't think their defense is strong enough to take on FSU.

Off topic, but I looked up Michigan State and apparently their acceptance rate is 73%. Every college in California has an acceptance rate of like, 2%.

UCLA at 23%, most other UC campuses float between 25-60% (Irvine, Berkely, San Diego, Davis, etc).

Cal State campuses float in the 35-70% acceptance rate (Fresno State 60%, San Jose State 64%, Fullerton 46%, Long Beach 31%).

Might want to check those facts, Funky.

I was exaggerating.

It's great to see a likable MAC school in a BCS game and even though I am rooting for them, I don't think NIU has a chance. They lost their coach and don't think their defense is strong enough to take on FSU.

Bruce Feldman posted this second hand story this afternoon.

Excerpt:

As if Northern Illinois didn't need any added motivation for its match-up against Florida State on Tuesday night in Miami, the Huskies got a little more. And it comes from an unlikely place: a rant from an Orange Bowl representative to an NIU staffer.

“You guys [NIU] don't even deserve to be here,” the Orange Bowl rep said to the NIU staffer. “We didn't even want you here.”

According to a source, the exchange took place the other night in a hospitality suite. The Orange Bowl rep had compared NIU to Duke, the source said, and the NIU rep responded by pointing out that the Huskies, who are riding a 12-game winning streak, have been to bowl games in five consecutive seasons. The conversation escalated from there, the source said.

Looks like a Duke-Miami game from the view of the blimp, crowd-wise.

Northern Illinois is hanging around. Florida State needs to get a double-digit lead on these guys sooner than later.

If FSU loses this game, ACC teams may never win another BCS or playoff bowl game again.

That's because no one cares about Northern Illinois athletics. The students probably care even less than anyone else.

Y'allz were making it sound like NIU was getting blown out so I put it on and they're only down 7-3. Hm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh EJ. Can't wait to see some new blood at QB next year. Trickett wont be it.

I agree, NIU hanging around scares me. However, That D is just manhandling NIU. It took a fake punt to get three. I don't think they will move the ball tonight. Of course, EJ does blow.

I hate the tomahawk chop so :censored:ing much....

Lynch is not a very good quarterback.

It gets annoying real fast.

I can't do it. Not my thing..

Don't worry. I loathe the Gator Chomp myself, and can't recall ever partaking in it. Sometimes, there are traditions or routines from the very teams that we root for, that serves as sources of embarrassment unto us.

spacer.png

Most MAC schools hang in with the big conferences for the first half. They have the key players to keep it close, but in the second half depth becomes a problem. I expect the same to happen to NIU. I didn't expect it to be this close, but NIU's offense has been terrible. I just don't see the point of all the dumb runs right up the middle. Lynch isn't getting past the line of scrimmage on his runs and needs to start throwing.

Archived