2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC has gone from #1 preseason to losing to a losing team in the Sun Bowl.

Lane Kiffen needs to go. There is no excuse for being this bad with the amount of talent that they have.

Aren't they still restricted from giving out the full allotment of 85 scholarships?

Even if they aren't, it's expecting way too much....even for USC.....to instantly overcome scholarship restrictions and become national championship contenders. Kind of hard to blame Kiffin when he's never had a full-strength roster.

He's doesn't have control of his team. I can see it in the body language of the players. They aren't working hard. They aren't playing as a team.

And holy :censored:, did Clemson just win a big game? Also, hats off to Tajh Boyd. I've been someone who's never believed in Clemson, but after this game, if both Hopkins and Boyd come back, this could be a formidable team.

Hats off to Clemson on a statement victory over LSU!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Lane Kiffen needs to go. There is no excuse for being this bad with the amount of talent that they have.

Aren't they still restricted from giving out the full allotment of 85 scholarships?

Even if they aren't, it's expecting way too much....even for USC.....to instantly overcome scholarship restrictions and become national championship contenders. Kind of hard to blame Kiffin when he's never had a full-strength roster.

He's doesn't have control of his team. I can see it in the body language of the players. They aren't working hard. They aren't playing as a team.

And holy :censored:, did Clemson just win a big game? Also, hats off to Tajh Boyd. I've been someone who's never believed in Clemson, but after this game, if both Hopkins and Boyd come back, this could be a formidable team.

1-When did you major in body language and wbat school has such a degree program?

2- No Peach Bowl win is a big win. Even in two years when it becomes an Access Bowl it won't be a big win.

LSU really kills me sometimes, you blow an 11 point lead on the account of the combination of bad execution and bad playcalling from Les & Co. Good God, do we have a phobia of holding the lead late in the game? But credit to Clemson, they had heart and fought the entire game & came away with a thrilling win. They'll meet again.

1-When did you major in body language and wbat school has such a degree program?

2- No Peach Bowl win is a big win. Even in two years when it becomes an Access Bowl it won't be a big win.

Is it necessary for you to be such a downer all the time?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't care if it was in the Dfwabel's Incoherent Babble Bowl, Clemson finally knocking off an SEC team is a big win for them. And the Peach Bowl is a great bowl game. 16 straight sellouts tells me that other people seem to think it's a pretty big deal too.

Stop being such a buzzkill. You were much more fun when you didn't make any sense.

BB52Big.jpg

Cola's new avatar when he next comes to CCSLC:

clowney.0_standard_709.0.gif

Holy hell, Jadaveon Clowney.

Jesus. Note to players: strap your helmets on tighter.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just wanted to add that the fuel that fed Clowney was issued on what I would call one of the most blatant screwed up calls in the history of sports officiating.

This was ruled a first down after a huge needed stop from our defense:

9jdli0.jpg

Going to five of their home games, you just never really felt that they were putting in a 100%; the fact we were averaging nearly 13 penalties a game showed me that either they weren't well disciplined or Kiffen wasn't asserting himself like he should've.

What made all their losses all the more frustrating is that we never put the extra effort. We gave up against Stanford, blew it against Arizona, give up on defense against Oregon, blew it against UCLA, and just fell apart in a winnable Notre Dame game (don't laugh, it was up until the third quarter). It was a defeated feeling and yesterday was a perfect example of that. It really felt like the team didn't even want to be there.

And for God's sake, I don't care how good the defense is you have two of the best wide receivers in the country; you can do a little better than 2.9 YARDS PER CATCH.

GR30a5H.png

Archived