2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that anyone cares about Iowa State BUT I was very disappointed to see that Iowa State's Bowl Game is a repeat of a blow out at the beginning of the season against Tulsa. no entertainment in that.

HEY! I live pretty damn close to Ames, so come on now. I do root for the Clones and all.

As for the bowl game: Yeah, it is a rematch... but blame Louisiana Tech for not making a decision. All La. Tech had to do was say 'yes' to the Independence Bowl and this mess would of been avoided. Yeah, Iowa State would of been on the outside, but it would be better then a rematch while knowing they'll play again next season at Tulsa.

Not that anyone cares about Iowa State BUT I was very disappointed to see that Iowa State's Bowl Game is a repeat of a blow out at the beginning of the season against Tulsa. no entertainment in that.

HEY! I live pretty damn close to Ames, so come on now. I do root for the Clones and all.

As for the bowl game: Yeah, it is a rematch... but blame Louisiana Tech for not making a decision. All La. Tech had to do was say 'yes' to the Independence Bowl and this mess would of been avoided. Yeah, Iowa State would of been on the outside, but it would be better then a rematch while knowing they'll play again next season at Tulsa.

Or the Liberty Bowl could have taken Louisiana Tech. Which it should have.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't know if the Cyclones can actually win the rematch because Tulsa is really improved throughout the season and they beaten UCF in the C-USA Championship.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Or the Liberty Bowl could have taken Louisiana Tech. Which it should have.

Wasn't that the game that LaTech declined?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I thought it was the Independence Bowl they rejected, because it would be against UL-Monroe and in Shreveport.

For some reason, I guess they didn't want to play an in-state foe, and go further away to Fort Worth instead.

The above conversation alone is proof there are too many Bowls.

To reconstruct, Louisiana Tech was holding out for the open slot in the Liberty Bowl (in Memphis) because it was a better bowl prestige-wise, gave them a better matchup, and wasn't in goddamn Shreveport, which they already played in this season. The Liberty Bowl instead opted for 6-6 Iowa State because, well, because the fools think the Cyclones have enough fans to show up to the game. However, by the time that came out, the Independence Bowl had already filled its second slot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm still waiting for the day Kellogg's get a sponsorship to one of these bowl games....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The SEC has created a monster within Texas A&M.

Look at what these guys are doing on the recruiting trails...insane. 34 commitments. Guess they are losing a lot this year...hell, that is almost 1/2 of your scholarships.

Then yesterday somehow, during the silent period, they snag away one of Carolina's "locks" the day before he was to make a public announcement in our favor. That is the 2nd we have lost to them after that recruit made an official to our campus with a solid verbal.

I know they have been in Texas' shadow for quite the time...but with this recruiting activity paired with their ability to dig deep into Texas, the Aggies will be a force to be reckoned with very soon.

Look at what these guys are doing on the recruiting trails...insane. 34 commitments. Guess they are losing a lot this year...hell, that is almost 1/2 of your scholarships.

Then yesterday somehow, during the silent period, they snag away one of Carolina's "locks" the day before he was to make a public announcement in our favor. That is the 2nd we have lost to them after that recruit made an official to our campus with a solid verbal.

I know they have been in Texas' shadow for quite the time...but with this recruiting activity paired with their ability to dig deep into Texas, the Aggies will be a force to be reckoned with very soon.

Transfers, players leaving early, and undersigning the previous year can allow a school to offer more than 25 scholarships. Remember, these are just oral commitments, not signed Letters of Intent.

In the case of Texas A&M:

At first glance over a commitment list, it's easy to wonder how Texas A&M can sign all of these prospects. Specifically designed for Houston Nutt when he was at Ole Miss, the SEC has a rule that each school may only sign a maximum of 25 players in a recruiting cycle (February to May each year). However, there are a few caveats in the fine print. If a school signs under the limit, they can roll those spots back to the next class as long as they are used on "early enrollees".

Early enrollees are players that graduate in December and can enrollee in school in January. By enrolling in Spring classes, they are able to sign in before the recruiting cycle opens in February.

Texas A&M for example, signed 19 players in their 2012 recruiting class. Six under the limit and four of those signed were early enrollees that were counted back to the 2011 class. That gives the Aggies a total of 10 scholarships in this class that they can assign to the previous class (2012).

Out of the Aggies' 34 commitments, eight (8) are early enrollees. That puts the 2013 counter at 26, or one (1) over the 25 max. That means come signing day, one of the current commitments cannot sign with the Aggies. It is no secret that a couple prospects are at risk to not qualify academically. If their grades don't improve as signing day nears, it's a safe bet that they don't sign a Letter Of Intent with A&M. With the way this staff is still beating the streets for elite prospects, it's clear their main focus is to continue upgrading the talent on this roster and worry about the numbers later.

Transfers, players leaving early, and undersigning the previous year can allow a school to offer more than 25 scholarships. Remember, these are just oral commitments, not signed Letters of Intent.

In the case of Texas A&M:

Oh, I wasn't accusing them of wrongdoing on that front...just thought it was kind of wild. That is a lot of reloading and certainly a damn good way to go about it if you have to.

I know you can sign more then 25, just only 25 LOIs. Usually a handful of EEs that don't count against it as well...they just have an abormal amount of EEs I suppose and don't seem to be "done" while stealing away Sanders from us.

It only matters if the signees actually grow and actually live up to the unscientific ranking/grade which is given to them at age 16.

Look at every Rivals or MaxPrep top 100 and look at the class from four years after their HS senior year to see how little success rate the players have at the NCAA level and even less in possible transitions to the NFL. Granted the NFL looks at a players measurables more than the NCAA does but dominating at the prep level does not predict success at the next level.

If you look at the class of 2009, you will look at many names and think,"What the hell happened to him?"

It only matters if the signees actually grow and actually live up to the unscientific ranking/grade which is given to them at age 16.

Look at every Rivals or MaxPrep top 100 and look at the class from four years after their HS senior year to see how little success rate the players have at the NCAA level and even less in possible transitions to the NFL. Granted the NFL looks at a players measurables more than the NCAA does but dominating at the prep level does not predict success at the next level.

If you look at the class of 2009, you will look at many names and think,"What the hell happened to him?"

Of course, but the ranking system is still the best we have and does provide some telling statistics. I mean, look at the Top 25 in recruiting 4 years ago and look at the Top 25 poll. A 5 star player that busts is going to be a big story and stand out in your mind...but most of these 4 and 5 star players become successful and important parts of their college football teams. The difficult part is determining how these 3* players end up...some play like 5's and others disappear on you.

There are a lot of extra variables AFTER that kid gets signed that will make or break them...but knowing you have a strong class of kids coming in really gives you an upside and something to start with.

In other news, I see Denard Robinson pleaded guilty to driving under suspicion. Read this was his 3rd time being stopped and ticketed for traffic/license issues.

Word from the school is that they will impose no punishment on Robinson, he will just receive that in Tampa:

jadeveon-clowney.jpeg

In other news, I see Denard Robinson pleaded guilty to driving under suspicion. Read this was his 3rd time being stopped and ticketed for traffic/license issues.

Word from the school is that they will impose no punishment on Robinson, he will just receive that in Tampa:

jadeveon-clowney.jpeg

You got to be kidding me. Michigan banned 3 players from the Outback Bowl and yet, they didn't do a single dime on Robinson.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

jadeveon-clowney.jpeg

You got to be kidding me. Michigan banned 3 players from the Outback Bowl and yet, they didn't do a single dime on Robinson.

Welcome to college sports.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived