2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

A really interesting article that shows that the attendance of the 2012 is the lowest since 2003.

http://www.al.com/sp...t_flyout_sports

The crazy thing is, tickets are going to go up again next year as well. Schools don't learn that there is a maximum that you can charge for a football ticket.

The simple thing to raise attendance is play quality OOC opponents.

Until you start losing and then no one wants to attend your games because you're losing. It's not that simple, kid.

It depends on the school. If you're a team like LSU or Ohio State, who are almost always going to have good teams, then you can take those risks, knowing that you'll most likely win. If you're a team like Iowa, who has been very inconsistent, then you might first want to make sure you can beat Central Michigan before you schedule someone like Oklahoma.

Teams like LSU and Ohio State aren't having attendance issues. I can't speak for Ohio State, but at LSU people buy tickets and whether they come in from tailgating is another thing.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really interesting article that shows that the attendance of the 2012 is the lowest since 2003.

http://www.al.com/sp...t_flyout_sports

The crazy thing is, tickets are going to go up again next year as well. Schools don't learn that there is a maximum that you can charge for a football ticket.

The simple thing to raise attendance is play quality OOC opponents.

Until you start losing and then no one wants to attend your games because you're losing. It's not that simple, kid.

It depends on the school. If you're a team like LSU or Ohio State, who are almost always going to have good teams, then you can take those risks, knowing that you'll most likely win. If you're a team like Iowa, who has been very inconsistent, then you might first want to make sure you can beat Central Michigan before you schedule someone like Oklahoma.

Teams like LSU and Ohio State aren't having attendance issues. I can't speak for Ohio State, but at LSU people buy tickets and whether they come in from tailgating is another thing.

Those are big time schools with fanbases that aren't ever going to dwindle. Other schools don't have that luxury.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

2013 Heisman pick nobody's talking about that will probably be way off: Joel Stave.

You mean the Wisconsin QB who played really mediocre? Yep, nice pick :rolleyes:

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

UNC's Bernard is headed to the NFL.

Was UNC post season eligible next year? Because if they were missed out on a chance to have a special season.

Was UNC post season eligible next year? Because if they were missed out on a chance to have a special season.

North Carolina doesn't have special seasons. They win 7-9 games and play in the Charlotte Bowl regardless of how talented they are and how much they are cheating.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

North Carolina doesn't have special seasons. They win 7-9 games and play in the Charlotte Bowl regardless of how talented they are and how much they are cheating.

By special, I mean special by UNC standards. Like, a 10 in season, maybe an appearance in the ACC champ game. They obvious aren't going to the title game.

By special, I mean special by UNC standards. Like, a 10 in season, maybe an appearance in the ACC champ game. They obvious aren't going to the title game.

You got a good point, Spleen. He could also have a Heisman campaign of his own. He is just a special talent out there.

Michigan suspends 3 players in the Capitol Bowl against South Carolina.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8752022/michigan-wolverines-suspend-3-outback-bowl-including-jt-floyd

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

You got a good point, Spleen. He could also have a Heisman campaign of his own. He is just a special talent out there.

You guys throw that word around so often its lost all meaning.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived