2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Just got back from the Alamo Bowl! Best. Game. Ever. Texas really sucked in the first half, but the second half was all Texas. Defense played great the whole game. The Big 12 would have a perfect bowl game except for one blow out (looking at you West Virginia.)

Why Oregon State didn't switch to Mannion after 3 Vaz turnovers, is beyond me. Sure, their offensive line self destructed in the 4th quarter, but part of those sacks were because Vaz was indecisive and immobile. They also expected to single team Okafur and succeed. This was a bad coaching job on Riley's part.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also cost themselves a FG at the end of the 1st half, and before they complain about whether there was a 1st down or not - they had a timeout in their back pocket. There were less than :07 in the half - time for one play. Not enough to miss and still attempt the FG. Call the damn timeout and try to get three before the half.

I know they lost by four, but you never know what impact three extra points could've had. If things were different, they wouldn't be the same, and there is no guarantee Texas wins 31-30, under such circumstances.

spacer.png

Wow. This is probably one of the most boring games I've watched in a long time. Michigan State does not deserve to be in a bowl.

EDIT: and then they actually score. Maybe something will actually happen now.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Off topic, but I looked up Michigan State and apparently their acceptance rate is 73%. Every college in California has an acceptance rate of like, 2%.

Well yeah, Michigan State is a large public school. Most large public schools have a large acceptance rate.

Maxwell is just not a good fit with this offense. He's been miserable to watch under center this year.

Thankfully, his backup is a RS freshman and he's outshined him tonight. Burbridge shows some promise, too. It's sad that I'm using this game solely as a preview for 2013 -- feels like this isn't even a bowl game, and I don't care if we win (and no, spleen, we don't deserve to be in one haha).

EDIT: also, re: the acceptance rate -- think about how many applicants are in CA vs. MI...

Le'Veon Bell is going to have one hell of a pro career. He's the real deal.

If that FG had been missed, that would be six losses (of seven) by a margin of 15 points. That's the difference between 6-7, and an 11-1 team that's in the Rose Bowl.

Welcome to MSU football :)

EDIT: some stats I've been seeing around — so you can fully understand my comment:

- MSU allowed 16 offensive TDs this year, 2nd in the nation.

- This is the 9th time all season (NINTH!) that MSU has held their opponent to one offensive TD or less.

And then there's the pick 6's (I vaguely remember hearing we were 2nd in the country with 5) and 3-and-outs. I HOPE Dantonio saw some potential in Cook tonight — I can't take another year of Andrew Maxwell. Maybe Bell heading to the NFL will help, too. We were a bit too focused on getting him the Heisman this year.

Just got back from the Alamo Bowl! Best. Game. Ever. Texas really sucked in the first half, but the second half was all Texas. Defense played great the whole game. The Big 12 would have a perfect bowl game except for one blow out (looking at you West Virginia.)

Why Oregon State didn't switch to Mannion after 3 Vaz turnovers, is beyond me. Sure, their offensive line self destructed in the 4th quarter, but part of those sacks were because Vaz was indecisive and immobile. They also expected to single team Okafur and succeed. This was a bad coaching job on Riley's part.

Okafor really shined tonight and hopefully improved his draft stock. Ash really matured in the 4th and showed why he should be the starter for Texas in the spring. One thing I hadn't noticed is how much of an athlete Jalen Overstreet looks. I assume he will redshirt since he didnt have any playing time, but if he develops I don't see why he can't be the next starter at Texas in the next 2 years sometime.

Off topic, but I looked up Michigan State and apparently their acceptance rate is 73%. Every college in California has an acceptance rate of like, 2%.

UCLA at 23%, most other UC campuses float between 25-60% (Irvine, Berkely, San Diego, Davis, etc).

Cal State campuses float in the 35-70% acceptance rate (Fresno State 60%, San Jose State 64%, Fullerton 46%, Long Beach 31%).

Might want to check those facts, Funky.

UCLA at 23%, most other UC campuses float between 25-60% (Irvine, Berkely, San Diego, Davis, etc).

Cal State campuses float in the 35-70% acceptance rate (Fresno State 60%, San Jose State 64%, Fullerton 46%, Long Beach 31%).

Might want to check those facts, Funky.

I'm pretty sure he was using hyperbole, saying that the Cal State schools accept much less than that.

UCLA and UC Berkley trade-off in having rates of 20-25% per year. The newest campus, UC Merced, hovers around 85-90%. My alma matter, UC Riverside, had an 82% rate when I got in, but it's now at 75% today.

USC has gone from #1 preseason to losing to a losing team in the Sun Bowl.

Lane Kiffen needs to go. There is no excuse for being this bad with the amount of talent that they have.

Lane Kiffen needs to go. There is no excuse for being this bad with the amount of talent that they have.

Aren't they still restricted from giving out the full allotment of 85 scholarships?

Even if they aren't, it's expecting way too much....even for USC.....to instantly overcome scholarship restrictions and become national championship contenders. Kind of hard to blame Kiffin when he's never had a full-strength roster.

Aren't they still restricted from giving out the full allotment of 85 scholarships?

Even if they aren't, it's expecting way too much....even for USC.....to instantly overcome scholarship restrictions and become national championship contenders. Kind of hard to blame Kiffin when he's never had a full-strength roster.

He's doesn't have control of his team. I can see it in the body language of the players. They aren't working hard. They aren't playing as a team.

And holy :censored:, did Clemson just win a big game? Also, hats off to Tajh Boyd. I've been someone who's never believed in Clemson, but after this game, if both Hopkins and Boyd come back, this could be a formidable team.

Archived