2012 NCAA Football thread

Kevin W.

Has anyone ever thought that those SEC defensive numbers are inflated because the SEC offenses aren't that good? Because Florida does not look like a top defense right now.

I think every team is due for a bad couple quarters and especially understandable to come out flat after a long break, even more so against an opponent you don't respect as much. Unfortunately, you don't want them to occur on a stage like the Sugar Bowl. Look at Clemson's "powerful offense" and how they performed against 2 tough defenses in their last 2 games. Went from averaging 40+ ppg to scoring 17 and 25.

Florida definitely relies on their defense to win games, no doubt about that.

What I have seen this year...across the board in the SEC, is that teams have tended to play to their opponents and you haven't seen a lot of blowouts (in and out of conference).

I'm just saying. I think the SEC Defenses are good, no doubt. But I think they are inflated because they don't have to play elite offenses every week.

EDIT: WOW. That could NOT have started worse for Florida.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what you do.

Your defense is struggling and you take a 50/50 chance at giving short field position. Also suffer 2 personal fouls.

Cards start on Florida's 19 yard line. Nice.

Bonehead coaching.

31-10.

I can safely say, I didn't expect this.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That Orange Bowl really just summed up how lame the bowl system is in general. Two mediocre teams playing listless football on the supposed "big" stage with absolutely nothing of value on the line. I can count on one hand the number of well-played, fun-to-watch BCS bowls I've seen during the BCS' whole existence.

Other than the Rose Bowl (last truly dull game was in 2003), most of the BCS games have been hyped for the first quarter, then turn to deafening boredom the rest of the way, either because of a blowout, the underdog team scumming away or America finally sees that team for its records' worth (seeing a 7-5 team playing like it is 7-5).

This is especially true for the Orange Bowl. They always seem to draw the sucky matchups, and end up with the most boring game result.

I don't understand the onside kick. Seemed like an attempt to make up for, essentially, giving Louisville the ball to start both halves.

But I'm not about to blame Will Muschamp for two players acting like total as$holes, and not thinking about the consequences it levies on their team. That's selfish and immature, and it took one play for the effects of it to show.

spacer.png

Wow. That was some stupid football. Also, Teddy Bridgewater is an amazing football name.

I agree with you and Teddy will sure be a Heisman contender in 2013.

Edit: Louisville causing another turnover and the drive will start at the 4 yard line.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I think Muschamp is the only guy associated with the Gators who gave a crap about the game tonight.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't understand the onside kick. Seemed like an attempt to make up for, essentially, giving Louisville the ball to start both halves.

It is just extremely stupid. You just scored before half and have some momentum- down 2 scores. You have 2 full quarters to play ball.

Your defense hasn't been spectacular and luck is NOT on your side...why risk giving Louisville half the field to reach paydirt? Play defense and get it back the old-fashioned way.

Is it just me, or has this been a really down year for college football as a whole?

At least the national championship game offers a glimmer of hope. At this time last year, I would just put my sleeping gear on, rather than watch the title game bore fest of SEC/ESPN/LeBron/Tebow/Yankees/Red Sox proportions.

It is just extremely stupid. You just scored before half and have some momentum- down 2 scores. You have 2 full quarters to play ball.

Your defense hasn't been spectacular and luck is NOT on your side...why risk giving Louisville half the field to reach paydirt? Play defense and get it back the old-fashioned way.

Yep. Two quarters don't override a season of dominant defensive play.

Make them drive the length of the field. Charlie Strong knows this Florida program too well to fall for such tricks. It's like the Super Bowl where Gruden was coaching against the Raiders. There's no out-tricking the opposing coach.

spacer.png

Archived